PDA

View Full Version : Mono Nurlge Daemons: 2400 pts

Delfin07
05-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Hi, first off, i would like to say i recently got back into warhammer, and cant wait to throw down with my favorite chaos god... NURGLE! And from reading the new daemons book, i find that nurgle has most of the best units in the book! granted, i would like a cannon chariot, like khorne does, but all in all i like all the nurgle units. So ill show ya the list, and explain my thoughts.

Nurgle: 2399 pts

Daemon Prince: 455pts lv(3), MON, (75)pts Daemonic Gifts, Chaos Armour

Herald of Nurgle: 170pts Greater Locus, BSB(flaming banner)

Herald of Nurgle: 135pts Greater Locus

Plague Bearers: 357pts (24) FC, +1M banner

Plague Bearers: 342pts (24) FC

Beasts of Nurgle: 240pts (4)

Beasts of Nurgle: 240pts (4)

Beasts of Nurgle: 60pts (1)

Furies: 70pts (5) MON

Plague Drones: 165pts (3)

Plague Drones: 165pts (3)

and thats the list. the plan is for the furies and the lone beast to either: A. bait B. get enemy warmachines, or C. support the flanks. with that said, i deploy with the flies in the middle, and plague bearers on the table 3rds to give a strong middle and sides. with the 2 units of 4 beasts, they are the heavy hitters on the flanks, making and impact on getting multiple charges in. and i love the daemon prince, which will go with one lesser, and one greater gift when rolling for them. I really like nurgles magic lore, and might switch up the list to have another caster lv 1. but for now ill give this a try. would like input on the list :)

Delfin07
05-30-2013, 11:19 PM
UPDATE:

I have played a couple games, against vampires and Slaanesh daemons. the one think i was surprised with was against the slaanesh daemons. overall the battle was fun, having 2 different daemonic winds of chaos going on was interesting. but overall i found nurgle to be more superior in a lot of game aspects. one thing i find interesting is the points of fiends. when looking at the nurgle beasts, how they are cheaper, they are just better overall than fiends. not sure why people just dont play nurgle.

Political Puppet MAster
06-12-2013, 11:31 PM
TBH bud that sounds like an awful list. You have no demon prince & not 6 magic levels in the army. Where are your skullcannons? Also, why no allies? Why aren't all your beasts in 1 unit? Srsly you really need to rethink your list.

Zebrawang123
06-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Idk man kinda sucks not to sound bad.... Needs some herald, at least two I think. It's not bad but maybe throw in some khorne or slaanesh. I've had great luck with a nurgle mix rather then straight nurgle. A good general can make a mix dominate...hopefully not you...
P.s. please don't paint them green theme that's all people do now.

Political Puppet MAster
06-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Zebra has the right idea, you just seem to be missing key components in the army. This may be harsh but did you actually read your army book? There's no reason to go mono-god at all, especially nurgle. Have you even looked at the tzeentch units/rules??? Come on man, what do you really think those units of plaguebearers gonna do? 2 units of flies? WTF OMFG?!? Give your book another once over, then do it again, then...maybe a 3rd once over. After that post another list. I have several people i know that play demons & there's better out there man.

Chronowraith
06-17-2013, 04:17 PM
I feel like I'm missing an inside joke here. So let's recap:

Calls for Daemon Princes and Heralds - he has them. They are the first three units posted.

Calls for allies (I assume this means allied gods) and for the inclusion of non-nurgle units - Why even bother saying this? The OP has stated he wants a mono-god list. At least try and look at his list within the confines that he posted.

Complaints that he might paint a nurgle army green... Really?!? It's nurgle... green festering flesh is kinda their thing... always has been.

Delfin07
06-18-2013, 12:30 AM
thanks Chad and Pete for that fine performance on a blog.... LOL! you guys, No worries Chrono... they're idiots