PDA

View Full Version : Stegadon weapons

mstingray
11-08-2009, 12:54 PM
I was reading the WFB Lizardmen book and saw that the bolt thrower on the lizardmen stegadon has the poison special rule, does this mean that the bolt will automatically wound every model, or just the first.

Shavnir
11-08-2009, 09:42 PM
In the Lizardmen FAQ they clarify that its the first model wounded only.

Lunar Camel
04-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Kinda related question:
Can a Stegadon choose a stand-and-shoot reaction to a charge?

Lord Azaghul
04-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Kinda related question:
Can a Stegadon choose a stand-and-shoot reaction to a charge?

No. Warmachines may not stand and shoot.

Lunar Camel
04-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Good to know. I didn't realize they were a war machine.

Essayons
07-14-2010, 06:14 AM
To be accurate, the FAQ states that the Giant Bow has the Slow To Fire special rule. That's why it cannot declare a stand and shoot.

Essayons.

AirHorse
07-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Surely this means it can stand and shoot, but only with the crews javelins and not with the giant bow?

greenstuff777
07-14-2010, 03:55 PM
GIANT blowpipes can shoot as a charge reaction
why isn't the stegadon charging?

BlindGunn
07-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Surely this means it can stand and shoot, but only with the crews javelins and not with the giant bow?
That would be my understanding as well. Stand and shoot rules are weapon specific usually - not model specific. As long as the weapon has no "Slow to Fire" weapons, it should be good to shoot as a reaction (providing all other conditions are met of course).

Salamanders & Razordons seem to be an exception as they ARE the weapon. Their individual rules cover their restrictions.

greenstuff777 - I've had my Stegs charged simply because my charge targets fled, drawing me out of position. The opponent was then able to charge me his following turn with a unit that was out-of-arc to me previously. With the new rules it's harder but still possible...