PDA

View Full Version : UK - getting into X-Wing Miniatures Game- where to buy minis?

SJE
06-02-2013, 05:53 AM
So, having played a fun demo at the MCM expo, I want to get into the X-wing miniatures game.

But the only things that seem in stock are the Base set, the Millenium Falcon and Slave-1. All the other mini's seem to be pending re-supply by FFG.

Or, does anyone know of any shops or stockists in the UK that might have some of the Tie Interceptors, Advanced, A-wings and X-wings?

Also, am I right in thinking that with the Base set, you dont get many pilot cards, and you need to buy a Tie-Fighter and X-wing blister to get a decent spread of pilot cards for your 3 Tie Fighters and 2 X-wings?

Thx

Steve

eldargal
06-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Try Wayland Games, they usually have a good stock.:) As to pilot cards, yo uget a good variety in the base box and more in the expansions. You certainly don't need to buy the expansions to field a viable basic force but they do add a lot more variety and useful pilots and gear.

Nabterayl
06-02-2013, 08:51 AM
I would characterize the core set as having as many pilot cards per ship as the expansions do. The reason to pick up individual X-wings and TIE/LNs, in my opinion, is mainly because those give you different pilots from the core set.

SJE
06-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Incidentally cheapest place I could find the base set in the UK was The Book Depositary- £23 including postage.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Star-Wars-X-Wing-Miniatures-Game-Core-Set-Fantasy-Flight-Games/9781616613761

Waylands Games are out of stock for the individual minis and talking about a September re-stock.

The Inner Geek
06-09-2013, 11:02 AM
I just got an email from Wayland saying X-wing had been restocked a couple days ago. Might be worth a look there to see if they haven't already sold out again.

SJE
06-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Yep, Esdevium Distributors have had a restock in, so there are X-wings, Tie Fighters, Tie Advanced and Y-wings in most game shops across the country now. All I'm looking for now are some A-wings.

Phil751
06-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Firestorm games and arcane miniatures are both UK stockists. If you live anywhere near Taunton,somerset my local games store krackers stocks it. If he hasn't got it in he can order it for you.