PDA

View Full Version : No GW price rise this year

pauljc
06-04-2013, 07:06 AM
So I get an e-mail from GW Sales today, informing me that:

1. They would not be increasing the price of products they produce this year.
2. They would be increasing the price of products they do not produce (paints, sprays, etc).

UPDATE from bigred:

Looks like about an 8% increase for paints and brushes.

eldargal
06-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Yay!

Wolfshade
06-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Boo GW always put the boot into gamers, we all psych ourselves up for a price hike and now we don't get one. It's disgraceful.

RAGE QUIT

Diagnosis Ninja
06-04-2013, 07:19 AM
To be fair though, the price of the majority of the new kits is going up.
Guessing if they hammer models out at the speed they are though, then they're just getting everybody with New Codex Fever.

Defenestratus
06-04-2013, 07:27 AM
I've been told by a LGS owner that prices on paint and hobby supplies are going up.

rle68
06-04-2013, 07:44 AM
15 bux for black spray paint not sure if they think were going to pay 5 times more then what you can buy at lowes or home depot

and they dont need a price increase they took the dire avengers box set which used to contain 10 model for 40 and gave you 5 for 35 do the math ...

Psychosplodge
06-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Stealth price rises instead? or "redesigned boxes" :D

Demonus
06-04-2013, 08:02 AM
"We will not be rising the price of your Dire Avengers box...."

Wolfshade
06-04-2013, 08:04 AM
I don't know tavelling to my nearest Lowe's would make the cost very expensive.

lobster-overlord
06-04-2013, 08:25 AM
I don't know tavelling to my nearest Lowe's would make the cost very expensive.

Michael's, Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, TruValue, CarQuest, AutoZone and Advance Auto (Just a few national names in the US) all carry suitable primers for use on models. The CarQuest non-sanding primer is beautiful and costs $4 a can (or less). Essentially GW is just charging you for the Citadel name. There is nothing special about their primer that you can't find in another brand's. And if their can clogs, like the older GW are notorious for, then they wern't as much of a waste.

If you want to spend money on a primer that is "hobby specific" then use The Army Painter's brand. They are colored primers and are fantastic. If I had money, I'd use those, otherwise, I use the $4 cans from CarQuest right now with same/superior results.

John M>

eldargal
06-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Yep, buying motorcar primer is much cheaper and I've found it tends to be better. I have a lot less problem with nozzles and bad spraying using various car primers than I had with Citadel brand sprays.

Wolfshade
06-04-2013, 08:38 AM
I was being flippant.

I tend to use the Army Painter Red as it is a nice base for my BAngles, well once I've finished stripping them..
Oh, interesetingly, the retailer I use for army painter, the citadel paints are cheaper, hmm curious. Though since they stopped doing army specific base coats I am not so bothered. Also, only £2 more expensive than the local Halfords.

Curioser, unless you use this one (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_93 9529_langId_-1_categoryId_165505)...

Sainhann
06-04-2013, 08:42 AM
So I get an e-mail from GW Sales today, informing me that:

1. They would not be increasing the price of products they produce this year.
2. They would be increasing the price of products they do not produce (paints, sprays, etc).

Then would they care to explain what they did with Dire Avengers since they now cost twice as much.

Plus I would not believe them.

Wolfshade
06-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Then would they care to explain what they did with Dire Avengers since they now cost twice as much.

Plus I would not believe them.

Perhaps they would argue that it is a new product?

Deadlift
06-04-2013, 08:52 AM
After the initial cost, airbrush model primer is far better and cheaper than anything out of a can :p

rle68
06-04-2013, 09:53 PM
add up the cost of the equipment and that doesnt always ring true

Jacob29
06-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Perhaps they would argue that it is a new product?

Smaller boxes aren't "products".

I'm kinda glad about this, but the prices are already fairly high.

And I don't buy their brushes anyway as my god are they AWFUL. This just puts the nail in the coffin.

Also this shouldn't really be a "yay" moment and should instead be the norm.

Dimitrios
06-05-2013, 04:47 PM
It's sad that it is indeed a YAY moment!!