Apothecary/w LC
Heavy Flamer/w Chain Fist
Termi/w LC

Deathing 2-4
Sgt/w SB-PW
Assault Cannon/w CF
3/w SB_PF

Land Raider/w 2 twin-linked lascannon, twin-linked heavy bolter, Storm bolter
Land Raider Crusader.2 Hurricane bolters, TL-sssault cannon, mutli-metla, storm bolter.

eagleboy7259
11-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Librarian/w termi aromr, storm bolter, force weapon.

Nope, Over-costed and ineffective. Most models worth force weapon killing have Eternal Warrior, Ld 9 Hood isn't stopping much, and the powers - blech. Try GK GM, same price, S6 I5 old school force weapon that isn't bothered by Eternal Warrior. Ld 10 is much nicer than Ld 9 and the loss of the powers is like losing your appendix, sure its gone but you aren't really going to miss it.

Deatheing 1
Sgt/w LC
Standard Bearer/ LC
Apothecary/w LC
Cyclone Missile/w LC
Termi/w LC

I am assuming these boys are riding in the LRC along with Belial? Might I suggest this set up instead: 3x Pairs of Lightning Claws, 1x Heavy Flamer & Chainfist, 1x Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Banner. The cyclone isn't going to be doing much for you when you popping out of the LRC, Heavy Flamer is cheap and it will average 3-4 hits when you are moving into assault. The fist and hammer will help with the heavy stuff and the storm shield on the banner bearer will help his survivability.

Ven Dread/w Plasma Cannon, Heavy Flamer

Plasma Cannons are eh in this edition. I might sugguest using a MM, HF, Ven Dread in a Pod to help with Anti-Tank

I might suggest for the rest of the list dropping a Terminator Squad and adding another Land Raider, I'd be leaning towards an LRC but its your call. I'd steer clear of the TH & SS squad, Chainfists are better at killing tanks and don't limit your shooting. You only need one in a squad to get its effect. Personally I think you're better off just running another shooting squad with 1 chainfist in there.

Master Gabriel
11-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Nope, Over-costed and ineffective. Most models worth force weapon killing have Eternal Warrior, Ld 9 Hood isn't stopping much, and the powers - blech. Try GK GM, same price, S6 I5 old school force weapon that isn't bothered by Eternal Warrior. Ld 10 is much nicer than Ld 9 and the loss of the powers is like losing your appendix, sure its gone but you aren't really going to miss it.

I will change to Interrogater-Chaplian for the same point cost.

I am assuming these boys are riding in the LRC along with Belial? Might I suggest this set up instead: 3x Pairs of Lightning Claws, 1x Heavy Flamer & Chainfist, 1x Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Banner. The cyclone isn't going to be doing much for you when you popping out of the LRC, Heavy Flamer is cheap and it will average 3-4 hits when you are moving into assault. The fist and hammer will help with the heavy stuff and the storm shield on the banner bearer will help his survivability.

yes Belail is riding the LRC. I will add a heavy flamer us His sqaud.

Plasma Cannons are eh in this edition. I might sugguest using a MM, HF, Ven Dread in a Pod to help with Anti-Tank

I have a FW Dread with plasma cannon and heavy flamer and havefound this load out is effective for me.

I might suggest for the rest of the list dropping a Terminator Squad and adding another Land Raider, I'd be leaning towards an LRC but its your call. I'd steer clear of the TH & SS squad, Chainfists are better at killing tanks and don't limit your shooting. You only need one in a squad to get its effect. Personally I think you're better off just running another shooting squad with 1 chainfist in there.

I can take another Land Raider and i will remove TH-SS squad.

Thank for the input and will test this list. :cool:

Pi666
11-11-2009, 04:01 AM
Great decision changing the Libby for a Chappy, rerolling to hit in CC is priceless against what a Libby can do.
I won't give a LC to the termi carrying the flamer, it's useless.

Before, the Cyclone was changed for the PW, so i'm not sure if you can take a Cyclone and TH/SS for the same termi.

Also, this list is 45 points over the limit.

wolflold
11-11-2009, 09:06 AM
If im gonna play DW i would take this list.

HQ
Belial - thunder hammer, storm shield

Elites
Dreadnought - twin-lascannon

Dreadnought - multi-melta

Troops
DW terminators - heavy flamer, Apothecary

DW terminators - heavy flamer

DW terminators - cyclone missile launcher

DW terminators - cyclone missile launcher

Heavy or Dedicated transport
Land Raider - extra armour

Land Raider redeemer - extra armour, multi-melta

Make a mix of only thunder hammers and lightning claws for the terminators (and power fist for the heavy flamers). Balial joins DW terminators with Apothecary and rides in Redeemer. Lots of anti-tank and anti-infantry. Terminatoers can take more punch because every unit has 2 or 3 thunder hammers, storm shields. Deploy 2 DW terminators via deep strike causing havoc and land raiders can "safely" ride in.

Pi666
11-11-2009, 09:16 AM
You can't take a Redeemer.

eagleboy7259
11-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Before, the Cyclone was changed for the PW, so i'm not sure if you can take a Cyclone and TH/SS for the same termi.

We are Dark Angels, we can do that with a Pair of Lightning Claws too...

Wolflold: Umm... what now? Godhammers and Reedemers? No banner squad? Mixing an Apothecary and a heavy flamer team? Cyclones? You realize that we are Dark Angels, our gear is ****, we don't have the same Land Radiers, Cyclones, Apothecaries or even Storm Shields as the vanilla guys.

Chumbalaya
11-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Assaulty DW is a big risk considering how expensive our stuff is and how inferior it ends up compared to vanilla.

Running a shooty foot list with RW anti-tank support is about as good as it gets for us.

Duke
11-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Im going to have to agree with Chumby on this one.

from experience there are only a few ways to run effective Deathwing:
1. Landraider heavy
2. Foot slogger w/ assault cannons and Ravenwing Attack Bikes w/ Multi meltas
3. Run them as Wolfwing, lol

All other mix and match are not as good as you would think.

Duke

Master Gabriel
11-11-2009, 07:18 PM
I have updaed the list.

Thanks for the comment.

Pi666
11-12-2009, 03:29 AM
The updated list is 1940 points, 1965 if the chappy has a termi armour.

eagleboy7259
11-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Deatheing 1
Sgt/w LC
Standard Bearer/ LC
Apothecary/w LC
Heavy Flamer/w Chain Fist
Termi/w LC

I'd save yourself the points on the Apothecary, he doesn't really help out at all in close combat.

Master Gabriel
11-12-2009, 03:37 PM
I updated the list again. I removed the Chappy. I checked the points they are at 1845. Thanks agian for ya'lls input.