PDA

View Full Version : Ultramarines 2000 Point List

exoduster18
11-10-2009, 07:36 PM
This is the list that I have come up with. It comes in at about 2055 pts. I want it to be an all comers type list, but something that still somewhat gives me a challenge to play. Here goes:

1 Space Marine Captain
w/ Combi-Melta
w/ Power Fist
w/ Digital Weapons

1 Space Marine Librarian
- Epistolary
- Quickening
- Might of Ancients

1 Command Squad
- Apothecary
Sergeant w/ Power Fist
1 Marine w/ Lightning Claws
1 Marine w/ Power Sword
Full 5 Man Squad

2x Tactical Squads
Sergeant w/ Power Fist and Chainsword
- Meltagun
- Missile Launcher
Rest of the Marines armed with Bolters
In a Rhino with a Storm Bolter
Full 10 Man Squad

1x Tactical Squad
Sergeant w/ Power Fist and Chainsword
- Multi-Melta
- Meltagun
The rest of the Marines are armed with Chainswords/Bolt Pistols
In a Rhino with a Storm Bolter
Full 10 Man Sqaud

1x Devastator Squad
Sergeant w/ Power Fist and Bolter
2 Marines w/ Heavy Bolters
2 Marines w/ Missile Launchers
Full 10 Man squad

1x Sternguard Squad
Sergeant w/ Power Fist and Bolter
5 Marines with Combi-Meltas
In a Drop Prod
Full 10 Man Squad

Land Raider (Godhammer Pattern)
w/ Storm Bolter
w/ Hunter Killer Missile

That is the list. I am thinking that I have enough anti-infantry and enough of an anti-tank ability to deal with most everything that will come my way or give me the ability to inflict heavy amounts of damage against both mech and non mech lists. The only problem? A fast moving enemy is probably going to wreck me......That is one weakness. Are there any others that I may be missing? Let me know how you like it. I want all critiques, no matter how bad.

Chumbalaya
11-11-2009, 09:01 AM
No PFs on ICs, Relic Blade and Storm Shield is superior.

Librarians aren't good at assault, especially if they don't have a storm shield.

Multi-meltas are superior for Rhino-bound Tacticals.

Command Squads could use storm shields to protect them. TH/SS Termies are cheaper.

Marines can't have bolt pistols and chainswords, only bolt pistols and bolters.

Devastators suck.

Single Land Raider is going to get pasted quick, you need more.

Take your 3 Tac Squads, 2 Land Raiders full of nastiness, and add AC/HB Preds, MM/HF Speeders, and Dreads to fill it out. 2 nasty hammer units backed by mobile, disposable and flexible support.

exoduster18
11-12-2009, 07:55 AM
So based on Chumbalaya's suggestions, here is the new list.

Pedro Kantor
Chaplain Cassius

Sternguard Squad
w/ 5 More Marines
w/ 5 Combi-Meltas
Power Fist
w/ Melta Bombs
Drop Pod

3x Tactical Squads
w/ 5 More Marines
w/ Power Fist
w/ Melta Bombs
w/ Meltagun
w/ Multi-Melta

Land Raider
w/ Storm Bolter
w/ Hunter-Killer Missile

2x Predators
AC/HB Load Out
w/ Storm Bolter
w/ Hunter-Killer Missile

Dreadnought
w/ Twin Linked ACs

Comes in at about 1985 I think. I have firepower to deal with most anything I believe. Any other suggestions or critiques? I really don't want to max out on Melta, so I may change one of the Tac Squads to Plasma or even a Lascannon.

Chumbalaya
11-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Kantor is terribad, he really is.

Scoring Sternies are nice, then you make them stubborn and your entire army reeks of fail.

Empty Land Raiders are pointless.

HKs are filler, hardly essential.

mercer
11-13-2009, 06:20 AM
Sternguard don't really need the power fist, they're a shooting unit not combat. I know you will say in case they get assaulted, but make sure they don't ;) . Though one drop pod won't last long and the aggressive start by the sternguard will quickly be stopped. They need support ;)

You don't need melta bombs if you have a power fist really. Oh, tacticals have no transport, so your going to have trouble getting those multi meltas into range. You need rhinos really ;)

H-K isn't worth it on the land raider, its also empty. Fill it with assault terminators :)

Predators don't need h-k's either, storm bolter could come in useful though for moving and firing the a/c along with the storm bolter.

One dreadnought makes me a sad panda, give it a friend. Though, it does has a nice setup to go with the predators so might be ok.