PDA

View Full Version : Orks Listings/rules

vayasen
11-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi all

I play 2nd edition (Epic space Marine) rules and I have a question to throw out to you all that is related to 2nd edition rules but may be answerable by any expeierenced player.

According to the rulebook of 2nd ed (how I read it) Orks can only have 1 of each clan card...so one of each plus a couple of special clans such as Kult of Speed, this much I understand.

Adding to the force you add extra cards/units and according to the rules you can have upto 5 support cards per clan (much the same as other races/sides such as eldar).

Now is this correct? Wouldnt that mean an Ork side is limited to the basic clans, plus the few special clans and then 5 cards and you cant have a bigger force at all?

Compared to space marines for example where the only limit is your troops and the games point limit....this dosnt seem fair....a Space Marine force for example might have 30 company cards(crazy but possible) as well as support units...but the Ork force is limited to the basic clans + 5 cards each.

any1 care to put there thoughts out on this one?

Am I wrong and it should be 'unlimited' support cards per clan? this imo would actually make more sense...you could have in theory one HUGe clan of goffs for example...but obviously you would have very limited flexibility on the field of battle.

Im leaning towards making my own house rule of Clan cards supported by unlimited support cards per clan (upto the battles point limit).

Chris
11-12-2009, 07:18 AM
I remember everyone house ruling it, some solutions were when you have them all, can go and get them again as seperate formations, or if you have them al can add more company cards to the originals and then support cards for even bigger formations, and so on.

Check out NetEpic, its 2nd edition that fixes all those problems.

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/forums/index.cgi?act=SF;f=14

vayasen
11-12-2009, 07:36 AM
That sounds like a good idea....bein able to have 2 goff clans for example mixed in to make one huge clan...and 10 support cards.