PDA

View Full Version : Ariadna Kozak test scheme

WAAAGH_Prophet
06-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Alright so, recently I started playing Infinity with a few pals and we love the game. Cool rules, awesome tables and beautiful models. Been playing and painting ALEPH recently and ive got their colours down no problem. But my Adriana are proving to be tougher. So take a look at my test model. My ALEPH are bright colours and the Ariadna scream for camouflage, so I gave it a shot. But the coat the Kozak wears is throwing me off. I tried a muted blue like GW`s old shadow grey to mimic cold weather gear. But after seeing it on the table, it all just blended together and didn't really strike me as good. So I tried brighter blue. I dunno. Something still feels off. So the pictures were taken on a phone and it was too late to be fiddly with lighting, so quality isn't the best. But anyway, give me some ideas if you got any.

energongoodie
06-22-2013, 12:58 AM
I like it as is :)
You could maybe try some minimal ice blue style highlights.
A long time ago, I was given a good piece of advice that I think might help.
'It's all about faces and bases.'
Get those bits done and then see how you feel about the model as a whole.

WAAAGH_Prophet
06-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Its funny you should mention that. I did the eyes last night and already he seems much better. I think I'll remember that advice from now on.

Dual_Face
07-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Your camo is really clean, I love the blues on your kozak too

davetaylor
07-10-2014, 07:13 AM
I often find that if I'm stuck for a color choice that looking at the complimentary color of what you're main color is will help you out. Your excellent camp pattern work has a predominantly green feel to it. The complimentary color for green is red, which would be a bit silly here, so I'd suggest a deep reddish brown for the coat, perhaps try to make it look like cracked and worn leather?

Cheers
Dave