PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Grey Knight Vendetta List

bonedale
11-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Inspired from the Demonhunter IG list from Polaris. Here's my version, trying it out this Friday. Let me know if you see problems. I will be facing a 4 HQ CC monster SW army, or another CC SM army.

*** revised ***
LIST ONE
HQ
• (5) Straken Command Squad - 2 melta, in Vendetta
• (5) GK Grand Master and 4 bodyguard, travel in Inquisitors LR

Elite
• (1) Inquisitor
•*(1) Land Raider (chosen as Inquisitor transport, GKT will use)

Troops
• (10) Vet Squad - plasma pistol, 2x melta, chimera
• (10) Vet Squad - 3x snipers, 1 autocannon
• (7) PAGKs, Incin, in Vendetta
• (7) PAGKs, Incin, in Vendetta

Fast Attack
• (3) Vendetta, 3 TLLC

Heavy
•Medusa

--------------------

LIST TWO
HQ
• (5) Straken Command Squad - 2 melta, in Vendetta
• (5) GK Grand Master and 4 bodyguard, deep strike to GK homers

Troops
• (10) Vet Squad - plasma pistol, 2x melta
• (10) Vet Squad - 3x snipers, 1 autocannon
• (7) PAGKs, Incin, homer, in Vendetta
• (7) PAGKs, Incin, homer, in Vendetta

Fast Attack
• (2) Vendetta, 3 TLLC

Heavy
• Leman Russ BT
•*Leman Russ BT (or Medusa)
•*Leman Russ Demolisher, Plasma Sponsons

Polaris
11-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Hey man, glad you liked the idea so much : )

I like the terminators. They are going to attract A LOT of attention which will give your troops a break.

don't have any more melta models, so

Just tell your opponent they count as melta. As long as EVERY plasma counts as melta this is perfectly acceptable.

The only thing this list really lacks is long range heavy hitting firepower. Which is something MOST DeamonHunter players sacrifice in order to get more bodies on the table.

I would suggest dropping a terminator squad and the fast attack PAGK squad. With the points you can beef up your HQ terminators and your 5 man GK squads and POSSIBLY thrown in a tank : )

Share how you plan on using the list so I can give you some more feedback.

DarkLink
11-12-2009, 11:27 AM
You need more models in those GK vendetta squads. 5 man basic Grey Knights are useless. More numbers, and get Incinerators in there.

Plus, I only see one transport for your two GKT squads. GKT's need to ride in Land Raiders, to ensure they get where they need to be; close combat. If they footslog or deepstrike, chances are pretty good they'll take heavy casualties and won't do nearly as much as they could.

SlavesToDarkness
11-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Maybe drop the Chimera on Straken and give him a Vendetta too?

I would drop the 5 GKs to add a Medusa. Worth its weight in gold.

bonedale
11-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Made most of the adjustments.

I am worried without the extra GK terms I will lose durability in multiple round assaults.

DarkLink
11-12-2009, 04:16 PM
A GKGM with a retinue and two Grey Knight squads will form a pretty solid CC strike force, especially when backed up by Straken. As long as you make sure they get the assault, and get used to what they can and cannot do, they should serve you well.

SlavesToDarkness
11-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Much more solid.

And don't worry, Teleport Attack Grey Knights are either a big hit or a big miss - but the Medusa is ALWAYS a big hit.

drummerholt1234
11-12-2009, 10:34 PM
JSYK the Inq has to have a retine to take a Land Raider. (Pg 22 - Daemonhunter codex - 1st sentance)

DarkLink
11-12-2009, 10:38 PM
JSYK the Inq has to have a retine to take a Land Raider. (Pg 22 - Daemonhunter codex - 1st sentance)

Ah, yes. Forgot about that.

Give him a couple Mystics (for the anti-deepstrike), and a few heavy bolter gun servitors or something. Turns into a reasonable firebase unit.