PDA

View Full Version : Night Goblin Fanatics

Kieranator K82
11-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Fanatics don't need tactics. What would they need them for? They just spin in your general direction and cause immense havoc.

I recently played my first ever game of Warhammer Fantasy (hooray), and unfortunately against Night Goblins. I learnt personally that Fanatics are a pain in the puffy pants, and I couldn't find any way to bypass being hit by their large, metal balls. You can't target them as they're hidden in the Goblin unit, and if you get within 8" of the unit, Release the Fanatics!

Is there any way to avoid Fanatics? What tactics can be used against Fanatics?

Aldramelech
11-13-2009, 02:15 AM
Use skirmishers to trigger them as soon as possible. A few will smack into each other/their unit/terrain or strangle themselves eventually. Their as much a danger to the Goblins as you.

Randroid
11-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Use trash units, skirmishers, fast cav, or flyers to pop the fanatics out. Once released you can shoot/magic them off the board or in some cases just ignore them and hope they do more damage to the goblins.

Lord Azaghul
11-16-2009, 08:24 AM
There are many many ways to take out fantics. If you want to take uses, one of my favorate uses for them is as a flank/rear guard for my army - the fast stuff in my army advances, then anything trying to get around that has to deal with fanatics whirling around the center of the battle field.

If you want to take 'em out: my personal favorate, send up a flyer to trigger as many fanatic bearing units as possible, as early in the game as possible - sure you might sacrifice your flyer, but you pull out all fanatics on your opponents side of the board - worth it!

KramDratta
01-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Also, if the night goblin unit flees before the fanatics are released, ex magic/shooting, then the fanatics are lost, even if the unit is rallied.

Gooball
01-22-2010, 06:30 PM
If you want to take 'em out: my personal favorate, send up a flyer to trigger as many fanatic bearing units as possible, as early in the game as possible - sure you might sacrifice your flyer, but you pull out all fanatics on your opponents side of the board - worth it!

Except flyers land..
So your gonna waste a flyer unit (which are to my limited knowledge kinda expensive for what they do) on triggering one mabye two fanatics

Lord Azaghul
01-25-2010, 07:42 AM
Except flyers land..
So your gonna waste a flyer unit (which are to my limited knowledge kinda expensive for what they do) on triggering one mabye two fanatics

I did say you might sacrifice your unit.

The points for the fantatic aren't the purpose of the trade off. Its wrecking havoc and mayhem in the center of your opponents battle line and movement very early in the game.

I once fly my gyro up, pulled out 4 fanatics, gyro died, but the next turn the 4 fanatics fell back through a sqaud of squig herds, the squad took so many casualties that it popped, casauing much more damage and the results of several fleeing units.

Results: I lost 140 points. My opponent lost 3+ units and the center of his battle line, just out of his deployment zone, was a complete distaster = worth it