PDA

View Full Version : Cursed Founding Chapters: where to from here?

Bluephoenix
08-01-2009, 01:57 PM
I have recently been considering starting a Black Dragons space marine army, however on re-reading the old Chapter Approved 2004 article on them I just don't know how to work them into the current standard codex.

the only things that hove come to mind are:

use dragon claws as sternguard (already have 2 base attacks, so the blades fit)

or

use the old CA2004 blades rule as a replacement for combat tactics, under the stipulation that the army must include a chapter master in the army.

what are your thoughts?

mkerr
08-01-2009, 02:33 PM
what are your thoughts?

I think the answer is in the Chapter Approved text: "Like the Death Company of the Blood Angels, warriors inflicted with such abnormal developments are formed into a separate fighting unit."

Build the army using the Blood Angels rules and model your Death Company as Dragon Claws.

If you don't want to use the Blood Angels rules for some reason, I'd probably use Vanguard Veterans as my Dragon Claws.

-- Mkerr

Bluephoenix
08-01-2009, 03:11 PM
I considered that, but I'm trying to go standard codex as the list I want to run is mostly a drop assault list (in fitting with the black dragons info from the Index Astartes books)

would you say the solutions I named would work? or would the combat tactics one be a little over the top?

Magos
08-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Casual Games it would be a bit to much.

Agramar
08-01-2009, 05:21 PM
in my opinion,the best choice is a BA-like army...
but,the black dragons are(not confirmees)succesors of Salamanders....