PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Australia October 5th-6th - Classic Battletech touranment with a nice surprise

Daemonette666
07-08-2013, 09:51 PM
All you bring to the tournament is the entry fee if you have not paid already, dice and your rule book which can be downloaded for free off the internet.

I am supplying all the miniatures which I have painted myself.

There are 20 Clan Omni-mechs in Jade Falcon Colours, and 32 Inner-Sphere mechs circa 3029, painted 16 in either Draconis Combine's Dieron regulars or 5th Sword of Light, 16 in Northwind Highlanders camo schemes with tartan. There are 8 mechs in their boxes that have not been built if you fail to complete the first round of Saturdays bloodname trial. In that trial you defeat your opponent, you win their mech, with an extra mech for the person who has the won the grand melee.

Sunday's event is a historic re-enactment of the highlanders source book mission - the home coming, with 16 mechs a side, and the Highlander are the attackers.

It should be great fun, and if successful, I will relocate it to a more central location/event like MOAB. For next year, I am even thinking of having raffle tickets entry fee gets you 10 tickets, with extra tickets available for purchase. The winners of the raffle draw will get either a whole star of omni-mechs or a lance of mechs for the open/historical event.
A link to the Hall of Heroes site is below for you to see the rule I am using to i.e. limit people from hiding and waiting for other to die off in the grand melee, and ammunition types available, etc.

I have posted the rules already, but feedback for next year wold be appreciated.

http://www.thehallofheroes.com.au/event_details.php?event_code=250

I hope you enjoy the pictures on the painting projects section on this site showing the miniatures I painted for the tournament.

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?33191-Some-miniatures-I-have-made-up-for-a-Battletech-tournament-I-am-running-in-November

The tournament is in October, not November, so I do not know why I typed November. The system would not let me change the title.

Enjoy reading the post, looking at the miniatures, and let me know if you think I can improve the tournament to get more people interested.