PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed v 'Nids

Schultzhoffen
11-14-2009, 02:40 PM
My friend is building a 'nid army in preperation for the new Codex. He's got around 40 stealers, a Broodlord, x3 Lictors and x2 Carnifexes backed up by Warriors and 'gaunts.

I've played against 'nids before but not with my current army. I seem to remember using templates and to keep moving.

The army I have includes (we play 1850 -2000pts):

x6 Assault Terminators in a LRC (led by a Chaplain)
An Ironclad with a heavy flamer and Drop pod
x7 Sternguard: Power fist, x2 Heavy Flamers, x2 Combi Meltas, Rhino

x10 Tac Marines: Plasma Pistol, Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon, Rhino
x10 Tac Marines: Melta Gun, Multi Melta, Rhino

x2 Land Speeders: Heavy Flamer, Multi Melta
x1 Land Speeder Typhoon: Missile/Heavy Bolter

Vindicator: Extra armour

The general plan is to keep in the rhinos, drive by and flame where possible, using the Terminators to take on the Carnifexes.

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated. But bear in mind that I don't have many other models to select (I've a 'dakka pred, x6 Sniper scouts, a Terminator Librarian and another tac squad - sans rhino, left in the cabinet) and wouldn't really want to buy units to simply handle 'nids if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.

DarkLink
11-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Like you said, hit the Carnifexes with your Assault Terminators, and cover everything else with templates. Might I suggest taking the Librarian with the flamer power (avenger, I think).

Chumbalaya
11-14-2009, 05:43 PM
TH/SS still own 'fexes, looks like he can't bust up vehicles so sit tight and laugh.

DarkLink
11-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Right, keep your vehicles moving, and his only real hope of killing the Rhino's is to assault with a mob of Genestealers and pray.

Ignore the Lictors, as there isn't too much in your army that is too vulnerable to them. They'll pop up, but probably won't do too much to distract you. Use them as secondary targets of opportunity.

Heavy Flamers will take care of Genestealers, and it looks like you've got enough to take out all 40 pretty quickly. Once they're gone, you'll have to deal with all the Gaunts and warriors. Just beware the Broodlord.

Schultzhoffen
11-15-2009, 12:40 AM
Thanks.

I also think a lot may depend on the new 'nid Codex coming out.

However, so far the plan remains the same: Drive-By and templates backed up by LRC terminators.

Cheers.

DakkaVulture
11-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Use predators with las to hurt fexes. aoutocannon/hvy bolter preds eat genestealers.

mercer
11-26-2009, 06:50 AM
Perhaps best to wait and see what the new tyranid codex can offer, as your mate will build his list from that ;)

Though, carnifex's don't like ap2 or ap3 weapons. Hellfire rounds from sternguard help against monstrous creatures too.

In combat power fists and thunder hammers rule.

A second vindicator would help, as its on its own and a easy target. Two blast templates are better than one for support ;)