PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point Elysians

vutall
11-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Hello all, just thought I would post up a 2k list and see what you thought about it. Taking any suggestions you might have!

Elysian D-99

HQ Total: 280

HQ 1: 280
Company Command Squad
Straken
Medi-Pack
Vox
Plasma Gun
Krak Grenades
Carapace Armor
Astropath
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Troops Total: 570

Troops 1: 190
Veteran Squad
Shotgun
Plasma Pistol
Power Fist
Shotguns
Vox Caster
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
Grenadiers
Demolitionists

Troops 2: 190
Veteran Squad
Shotgun
Plasma Pistol
Power Fist
Shotguns
Vox Caster
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
Grenadiers
Demolitionists

Troops 3: 190
Veteran Squad
Shotgun
Plasma Pistol
Power Fist
Shotguns
Vox Caster
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
Grenadiers
Demolitionists

Fast Attack Total: 780

Fast Attack 1: 260
Valkyrie W Rocket Pods
Valkyrie W Rocket Pods

Fast Attack 2: 260
Valkyrie W Rocket Pods
Valkyrie W Rocket Pods

Fast Attack 3: 260
Vendetta
Vendetta

-------------------------------

Cadian 266th

Troops: 370

Troop 4: 370

Infantry Platoon
-Platoon Command Squad: 30
Heavy Bolter
-Infantry Squad: 50
Autocannon
-Infantry Squad: 50
Autocannon
-Heavy Weapons Squad: 60
Lascannon
Lascannon
Lascannon
-Heavy Weapons Squad: 60
Lascannon
Lascannon
Lascannon

--------------------------------

Army Total: 2000

Was thinking of dropping the vox's off of the Elysians and instead putting them on the Cadians.. Thoughts?

Also thought about replacing Strakens Plasma gunner with Melta gunners instead. Just wish the Vox/Medi-pack men could get assault weapons as well.

Lastly, what about dropping the Vendetta's for either Bane Wolfs or maybe a Leman Russ (two if I could find a way to drop 20 points)

vutall
11-19-2009, 01:59 AM
So I made a major revision of the list in absence of guidance. Thoughts?

Elysian D-99

Troops 1
Veteran Squad
Shotgun
Power Fist
Shotguns
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
Demolitionists

Troops 2
Veteran Squad
Shotgun
Power Fist
Shotguns
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
Demolitionists

Troops 3
Veteran Squad
Shotgun
Power Fist
Shotguns
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
Melta Gun
Demolitionists

Fast Attack 1
Valkyrie W Rocket Pods
Valkyrie W Rocket Pods

Fast Attack 2
Valkyrie W Rocket Pods
Valkyrie W Rocket Pods

Fast Attack 3
Vendetta
Vendetta

Total: 1215

---------------------------------
Cadian 266th

HQ 1
Company Command Squad
Heavy Bolter
Astropath

Troop 4
Infantry Platoon
-Platoon Command Squad
Heavy Bolter
-Infantry Squad
Autocannon
-Infantry Squad
Autocannon
-Infantry Squad
-Heavy Weapons Squad
Lascannon
Lascannon
Lascannon
-Heavy Weapons Squad
Lascannon
Lascannon
Lascannon

Total: 510

----------------------------------
Ordo Malleus Strike Force

Troop 5
Grey Knights
Justicar
9x Grey Knights

Total: 275
------------------------------------
Grand Total: 2000

Could drop the bare infantry squad and the knights for an Inquisitor Lord HQ and an Assassin Elite...dunno.. Or, I could crack open my witch hunters as allies as well...

Unholy_Martyr
11-19-2009, 11:19 AM
I actually like the first list more as it fits in line. The random squad of Grey Knights don't really fit in, although I do not know what type of role you would want them to play. Other than that, I would say if you were playing against mainly mech opponents you could do exceptionally well with the number of lascannons, melta guns and melta bombs.

Outside of this, I think you would have to be wary of hordes and forces with low armor saves. The 4 pies plates put out by the Valkyries guarantee you can cover a squad and you can use the demo charges as well to help out, but I'd figure you would want to keep almost all of that at range since anything horde-like or with a low armor save is going to walk through your lines when they get close enough. If hordes are the case you could switch the lascannons for autocannons or if your facing low armor saves, replace the lascannons and one rocket pod from each pair and go for a Medusa or something along those lines.

Just my opinion, best of luck with the list!

vutall
11-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Thanks. My thoughts for the Knights were to have them ride in the one empty valkyrie. They would insert right along side of the veterans, giving 20 storm bolter shots a turn and providing an "OOOH SHINY!" target to take some heat of the veterans. Plus, if needed, counter assault. 20+ attacks at weapon skill 5 and strength 6 is pretty hefty.

I want to avoid having to purchase anything else, and since I have 10k points of Knights and 6k points of Sisters, I could use those instead. Otherwise you are right, a Medusa would be a good choice.

Same thing for swaping lascannons to autocannons. I simply do not have any autocannon teams around, or I think I would. Autocannons are more effective from what I have seen, generally at least hitting 1 shot per turn where as lascannons hit only one shot every 2 turns.

Some things I am debating about:
-Assassin maybe instead of knights?
-Master of Fleet?
-Master of Ordinance?
-Throw down some Sisters?

I have anything and everything you could ever ask for for either of the Inquisition armies, so if you can think of something good from them instead of the Knights I am all ears. Or, if you still like list 1 better, I will take that heavily into consideration

Unholy_Martyr
11-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Ah, now the Grey Knights make more sense now, I wasn't putting two and two together before. With that said, I could see list 2 working with maybe a little tweaking.

With the Grey Knights you could consider an incinerator to bolster their fire, I mean 20 Storm Bolter shots is pretty sick, but 18 Storm Bolter Shots and (correct me if I'm wrong) a heavy flamer that ignores invulnerable saves is rather nice.

I understand the models issue, you could make it work with what you have so I can say you can make it by with what you have, possibly things to through on a Chrismahannukwanzakah list or something of the sort.

Of the Regimental Advisors, I have to say I am a fan of all 3. The Master of Ordinance gives you a 30pt Basilisk, very likable. Master of the Fleets ability to detract from Reserve rolls as well as force the reroll for outflanking can be a godsend, alternatively, the Astropath is just as effective at helping you but that becomes a matter of preference.

In terms of Inquisitorial Forces, I'm not really an expert so I couldn't offer much advice there.

That's all I got for now.