PDA

View Full Version : Primarch project.

Pi666
11-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi everyone, this is some project I started more than a year ago and got lost in the interwebs. I recovered it and decided to post it here. Is a project to develop playable Primarchs.

I'll start with the stats

WS 7
BS 7
S 5
T 5
W 4
I 6
A 4
L 10
SAVE 2+/4+

There are the stats I thought a Standard Primarch would have. They are badass, yes, but i wanted to maintain them in the "killable" area. I based the stats in people like Abbaddon and the Phoenix Lords.

Now the cool part, the habilities:

Independent Character, Eternal Warrior, Fearless, Rites of Battle, Inspiring Presence (Units in LOS are Fearless, the rest are Stubborn), Primarch Armour (2+ armour save, 4+ Invulnerable Save)

This is the profile for an standard Primarch, and helps to work out every one of them from a basis.

Now the special features for each one:

Tactical Master: +1 on "who goes first" rolls, seizing the initiative rolls and reserve rolls. This one is for Lion 'el Johnson.

Primarch Wings: Jump infantry, reroll all failed dangerous terrain rolls. Sanguinius one.

Military Master (This name has to change): All units are relentless. This one goes for Rogal Dorn.

[Insert cool name here]: Mortarion has Feel no Pain rule. (the traitor version also has the Mark of Nurgle)

[Insert another cool name here]: Bike squads are troops, all are scouts. Jagathai Khan.

Warmaster: All the army can decide if they pass or not any leadership check (Traitor version has Abbaddon's Mark). Guess who?

Berserker Fury: Furious Charge, For each hit on the first roll in CC, add one extra attack die. Angron's (Chaos version has Khorne Mark)

This is all i have for now, still have to set points for the special features, make new ones for the rest of primarchs and define the wargear...

Hope you like this!!!

It's your word now!!!

Herald of Nurgle
11-16-2009, 12:53 PM
I'd maintain a 'no Primarchs' policy, as really you cannot represent everything they would need without it becoming a Warlord Titan... Imperator even.

Regardless, those rules certainly aren't enough. Primarchs ARE Game Breaking. The USRs don't convey that at all, and neither does all wargear at all. Take Magnus - you need to give him EVERY SINGLE POWER IN THE GAME, and allow him to continue testing until he fails a test. Magnus also beats the sh*t out of any other primarch in unarmed combat. Yes - that's true. Scary.

DarkLink
11-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Magnus also beats the sh*t out of any other primarch in unarmed combat. Yes - that's true. Scary.

Or at least, until Leman Russ broke Mangus' back over his knee, right :p.

I like the statline you've got (though some of the primarchs should probably get a stat boost here or there. I'd imagine Angron would have an even higher WS, for example).

The thing that made the Primarchs so powerful was their skills and tactical abilities, not sheer physical power. They were certainly significantly tougher and more powerful than a normal SM, but they also weren't as big or strong as, say, a Carnifex. It was their remarkable skills that made them so deadly.

Plus, each would probably have some really, really cool equipment. Relic blades and similar for everyone!

person person
11-16-2009, 10:00 PM
I'd maintain a 'no Primarchs' policy, as really you cannot represent everything they would need without it becoming a Warlord Titan... Imperator even.

Regardless, those rules certainly aren't enough. Primarchs ARE Game Breaking. The USRs don't convey that at all, and neither does all wargear at all. Take Magnus - you need to give him EVERY SINGLE POWER IN THE GAME, and allow him to continue testing until he fails a test. Magnus also beats the sh*t out of any other primarch in unarmed combat. Yes - that's true. Scary.

Agreed.

Master Bryss
11-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Hmm, it didn't stop GW trying the C'tan did it?

Considering that GW dumbed down the Marines a lot from their fluff, I believe it is doable. Here is my vision:

Primarch: Cost- 800
WS-BS-S-T-W-I-A-Ld-Sv-Inv
7- 7 6 6 5 6 5 10 2+ 3+

Rules: Monstrous Creature, Above all others (however he may still lead a squad), God of War, Eternal Warrior, Living Relic, Unslayable (if killed gets back up on a 4+ with 2 Wounds, if a 6 is rolled recovers all wounds), No Limits (only suffers a -1 Initiative bonus for using a Power Fist of Thunder Hammer.)

On top of that each one should have its own rules. Here's two examples, Dorn and Peturabo

Dorn:
Wargear- The Fist of Dorn, Dorn's Arrow.

Rules:
Lord of the Bastion: Dorn has the Bolster Defences rule, which may be used on every piece of terrain in and within 12" of his Deployment Zone. In addition, he may sacrifice a Fast Attack choice for an extra Heavy Support Choice.

Now for Peturabo (pre-heresy)
Wargear: Master-crafted Thunder Hammer, master-crafted Combi-Melta. In addition, he may have an unlimited number of shots with the meltagun and not the usual 1.

Rules:
Siege Master: All Devastator squads in an army containing Peturabo may take 4 heavy weapons of any type for free. In addition, all Heavy Support Vehicles cost 30 points less than normal.

Obviously still needs work and may only be used in Apoc (or indeed a narrative)

person person
11-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Like that one so far. I think Primarchs like Dorn, Guilliman, and Lion'el are the most reasonable to field. They don't go around killing armies by themselves, they just bolster your army. That means the other player(s) aren't as pressured to try and kill them, and is forced to lose a bunch of models.

L192837465
11-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Uhm...

I'll give this a shot.

Statline: nonexistant. They hit on a 2+ in cc, hit on a 2+ shooting, are always hit in cc on no better than a 5+, can't be wounded more than once a turn, any weapons threatening to wound him does so only on a roll of a 6, he can choose to pass or fail ld and so can any units within 120", he has 10 attacks in cc, and always wounds on a 2+, unless a monstrous creature, in which case he wounds on a 3.

All special rules go from that. he also has a 2+ invul save and fnp that cannot be negated in any way. Including against S:D weapons.

Base cost: 800 points.

Seriously guys, Chapter Masters can best Carnifexes in single combat, and CM are NOTHING compared to the Primarchs.

Master Bryss
11-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Me again. After a bit of a brainstorm here's my attempt at Ferrus Manus and Guilliman. As with all my Primarch rules, they have the stats I posted earlier. In addition, all Primarchs have both frag and krak grenades. I forgot about them last time.

Ferrus Manus:
Wargear: Master-crafted Thunder Hammer, Storm Bolter
Rules:
Iron Hands: Ferrus Manus does not suffer any Initiative bonus for having a Thunder Hammer.
Revere the Machine: Any squad of power-armoured Marines in an army containing Ferrus Manus may take Bionics (6+ Inv save) for +1 point a model. In addition, Dreadnoughts may be taken as an Elite, Fast Attack or Heavy Support choice, but it MUST take a Drop Pod if made into a Fast Attack choice.

Roboute Guilliman:
Wargear: A pair of master-crafted Power Fists with a built-in Storm Bolter.
Rules:
Supreme Tactical Genius: Guilliman may bestow the Scouts special rule on any 2 units in his army.
Orders: Guilliman can give Orders as described in Codex: Imperial Guard. He has a command radius of 24". Note that any order he gives will always work because of the God of War rule.
His orders are as follows:
Bolter Drill: All bolters, bolt pistols, heavy bolters and storm bolters in the ordered squad count as twin-linked for that turn.
Bring It Down!: As in Codex: Imperial Guard.
Move Move Move!: As in Codex: Imperial Guard.
Fire On My Target: As in Codex: Imperial Guard.
Split Up and Attack!: The squad immediately breaks down into 2 Combat squads. Each must be broken down into roughly half each.

Pi666
11-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Dorn:
Wargear- Master-crafted Thunder Hammer, master-crafted Storm Bolter

Lysander has Dorn's Hammer and Kantor his Storm Bolter. No need to new rules for this.

Master Bryss
11-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Lysander has Dorn's Hammer and Kantor his Storm Bolter. No need to new rules for this.

Ah, yes, forgot about them. Changed now though. Here's Angron (pre-heresy)

Angron:
Wargear: A pair of master-crafted Relic Blades (he's a Primarch so can wield two.) These promote him to S8.

Rules:
Furious Charge
Fury: Angron has +1 Attack to his base profile. In addition, any model in his army with a bolter may swap it for a chainsword for free and any unit within 24" of Angron gains the Furious Charge rule. A World Eaters Dreadnought or Venerable Dreadnought may exchange its multi-melta for an extra Dreadnought CC weapon for free. This may be upgraded with a heavy flamer for the points cost in the Codex.
Intimidating- When resolving an assault, Angron always counts as having inflicted 3 more Wounds than he actually has.

As with all my Primarchs, Angron probably needs some work (that or I'm not a very confident rules-smith).
Also, I apologise to Pi666 if I am 'stealing' his thread.

person person
11-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Uhm...

I'll give this a shot.

Statline: nonexistant. They hit on a 2+ in cc, hit on a 2+ shooting, are always hit in cc on no better than a 5+, can't be wounded more than once a turn, any weapons threatening to wound him does so only on a roll of a 6, he can choose to pass or fail ld and so can any units within 120", he has 10 attacks in cc, and always wounds on a 2+, unless a monstrous creature, in which case he wounds on a 3.

All special rules go from that. he also has a 2+ invul save and fnp that cannot be negated in any way. Including against S:D weapons.

Base cost: 800 points.

Seriously guys, Chapter Masters can best Carnifexes in single combat, and CM are NOTHING compared to the Primarchs.

Agreed, only problem is that makes it hard to distinguish 2 Primarchs talents e.g. Angron as a better fighter than Guilliman.

Pi666
11-20-2009, 04:57 AM
Ah, yes, forgot about them. Changed now though. Here's Angron (pre-heresy)

Angron:
Wargear: A pair of master-crafted Relic Blades (he's a Primarch so can wield two.) These promote him to S8.

Rules:
Furious Charge
Fury: Angron has +1 Attack to his base profile. In addition, any model in his army with a bolter may swap it for a chainsword for free and/or the Furious Charge rule at+2 points per model. This may also be taken on Assault Squads, Command Squads and Vanguard Veterans. A World Eaters Dreadnought or Venerable Dreadnought may exchange its multi-melta for an extra Dreadnought CC weapon for free. This may be upgraded with a heavy flamer for the points cost in the Codex.
Intimidating- When resolving an assault, Angron always counts as having inflicted 3 more Wounds than he actually has.

As with all my Primarchs, Angron probably needs some work (that or I'm not a very confident rules-smith).
Also, I apologise to Pi666 if I am 'stealing' his thread.

Yes you are a threadstealer!!! BUt it's fine.

I don't think making change in the core rules for a unit is suitable, i prefer rules that enhance the army on the board, as an example, every World eater in 24' from Angron has furious charge.

Master Bryss
11-20-2009, 08:24 AM
Yes you are a threadstealer!!! BUt it's fine.

I don't think making change in the core rules for a unit is suitable, i prefer rules that enhance the army on the board, as an example, every World eater in 24' from Angron has furious charge.

Good point, Angron isn't Fabius Bile after all! I've changed it now, but I'll keep the Bionics option for Ferrus' Legion as it's their nature. Now, for my next trick I'll try:
Fulgrim:
Wargear- Master-crafted Power Sword, bolt pistol
Rules:
Duellist: Fulgrim has WS9 and I7. He may also use a single 'coup de grace' attack instead of his normal attacks. It is resolved at S9 and causes Instant Death.
Legion of Swordsmen: All Veteran Sergeants in an army containing Fulgrim have WS5. They may also take a power sword at the reduced cost of 10 points.

I have vague plans for all the Primarchs now, but I'm not too sure on Corax (Raven Guard, precision strike people) yet. Yes, I could give them all Inflitrate if Corax is in the army, but that's too similar to Alpharius. What can I do to differentiate WITHOUT giving the Alpha Legion Omegon for free?

Edit: Pi666, you should feel lucky that I'm stealing your thread and not your genes...

Pi666
11-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Btw, I think all Primarchs shouold have the Living Relic ruling from Space Wolves Codex.

Master Bryss
11-20-2009, 09:26 AM
I don't have the SW Codex nor are familar with this rule. What is it? I'll guess it's something to do with becoming an objective if the Primarch dies?

Pi666
11-20-2009, 11:06 AM
If the primarch falls, it becomes an objective, if the marines are not in control of that objective and the end of the game, they forfeit 1d3 objective points.

Master Bryss
11-20-2009, 11:44 AM
That's defenitely fitting for Primarchs, I've added it to my first post.

Also, because I don't have the SW Codex, I feel I cannot do Russ. Someone with the SW Dex wld have a better appreciation of him. Because there wasn't a new primarch in my last post, here's
Vulkan:
Wargear: Everything Vulkan He'Stan has, although in this case the Spear of Vulkan makes him S7.
Rules:
Forges of Nocturne: Any non-vehicle unit in an army containing Vulkan that can take any of the following may take it for free: flamer, heavy flamer, meltagun, multi-melta, and any Veteran Sergeant, Honour Guard, Command Squad Member or Vanguard Veteran may purchase a Thunder Hammer for 15 points. All flamers, heavy flamers, meltaguns, multi-meltas and thunder hammers in the army are twin-linked (master-crafted in the case of the thunder hammer)

Herald of Nurgle
11-21-2009, 05:42 PM
We're giving it a go? Meh. Magnus.

Magnus the Red: 999 Points, Post Heresy
WS 9
BS 9
S 8
T 8
W 7
I 9
A 9
Ld 10
Sv 2+

Unit Type: Gargantuan Creature. Magnus does, however, have a Bodyguard (see below)

Wargear:
- The Tome of the Thousand Sons
- Eight Force Weapons (Attacks included in profile)
- Eye of Wrath (may be fired as Twin Linked Multi-Melta once per turn, in addition to other shooting attacks)

Special Rules:
Fearless, Acute Senses, Jump Infantry, Furious Charge, Psyker (counts as 4 models), Mark of Tzeentch (giving him a 3+ Invulnerable Save), Daemonic (May choose whether to Deep Strike)
Tome of the Thousand Sons: This powerful book contains every psychic power ever witnessed by Magnus or his chosen warriors. It gives him access to all the Psychic Abilities in the Codexes: Space Wolves, Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines (Nurgle and Slaanesh powers are tested against leadership 6), Eldar, and the Imperial Guard.
The Great Sorcerer: When Magnus begins casting, he will not stop until Tzeentch makes a sign that his actions are enough. Keep making Psychic Tests until either all of Magnus' powers have been used once or until a Perils of the Warp test is forced. Psychic Hoods and other such effects are ignored on a d6 roll of a 4+ while Magnus is within 12 inches of their holders.
Emnity of the Wolves: All members of an army led by Magnus gain Preferred Enemy (Space Wolves), and will ignore The Sorcerer Commands if it would usually mean that they cannot charge. In addition, the effects of Sagas will be ignored against an army led by Magnus.
The Old Cyclops: While great in spirit, Magnus is much diminished in body. For each wound he takes, a single point of Initiative and Attacks is lost (down to the value of 3 in each).
Bodyguard: Magnus is accompanied by a great host of his Sons - a thousand of them. If used in Apocalypse, Magnus must have a Thousand Sons Warcoven. However, the Chosen unit purchased through this will have a unit strength of 8 to 998, and must be purchased in multiples of 9 for the standard cost. Each model only costs 50pts, and gets a single Psychic Power for FREE.

Additional Psychic Powers
In addition to those in the Tome of the Thousand Sons, Magnus has a number of additional powers. These are literally game breaking...
Gift of Tzeentch: Magnus looks down poorly at the mewling psykers below him. Make a psychic test in the Movement phase. If passed, all enemy Psykers within 3d6x6 inches will take d3 Perils of the Warp tests. Psykers which usually do not have an Invulnerable Save count as having a 6+. These tests cause Instant Death to models under Toughness 5.
Daemonic Vitality: Even wounds will not stop the chosen of Tzeentch. Make a psychic test at the beginning of the Assault Phase. If passed, Magnus loses d3 Sorcerers in his bodyguard per wound he has lost, but immediately regains all of his lost wounds. This may only be used if Magnus is not in base to base contact with an enemy model.
Crawling Madness: Don't piss Magnus off. This is a psychic shooting attack. If passed, place an Apocalyptic 10" blast template on top of any point on the board (this scatters 2d6-9 inches as usual afterward, and MAY touch friendly models). All models under this template must take a Toughness Test, which if failed will turn them into a Pink Horror (see codex: Chaos Daemons). These Horrors may NOT shoot in that turn, but may choose to Run or Assault.
Wrath of a God: Make a psychic test at the beginning of the Assault Phase. If passed, Magnus gains d6+d3 Attacks in this turn which are struck at Initiative 9 (regardless of his current I stat). These are used at Strength 4, but count as Force Weapon hits.
Metallic Curse: Use against a Super Heavy Vehicle. This is a Psychic Shooting Attack. If passed, a single Super Heavy in line of sight takes d3 Destroyer hits per Structure Point lost - plus 1 basic Destroyer Hit. If the Vehicle is destroyed, it immediately makes an Apocalyptic Explosion - however, Magnus will NOT be affected by this - and spawns 18 Pink Horrors where the tank once was. These horrors may choose to Shoot, but may not Assault or Move any further that turn.

person person
11-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Things turning into Pink Horrors is a great idea!

I think thats a pretty good rendition of Magnus, a bit OTT, but he's a Primarch.

Master Bryss
11-22-2009, 06:48 AM
Magnus the Red (pre-heresy)Same stats as all my Primarchs
Wargear: Master-crafted Force Weapon, bolt pistol w/Inferno Bolts (AP3)

Psychic Powers: By default Magnus has all the powers from the Space Marine codex, as well as his own unique powers. He may purchase all the psychic powers from another codex for +50 points, and he may do this as many times as he wishes.(he will have more powers the further into the Crusade he is) His unique powers are as shown:
Vortex of Doom- Magnus' Vortex replaces the small blast template with the Vortex Grenade template, which remains on the board as per the rules for them.
Red Fury- Range 36", S10, AP3, Assault D3+1, Large Blast.
Break- If passed, all enemy units within 48" of Magnus lose -1Ld.

Rules:
Master Psyker: Magnus may cast 4 powers a turn. He may cast the same power multiple times. When he makes a Psychic test, he rolls 4D6 and may select any 2 of the dice as his score. If these two are a double (2 4s, etc) he may cast the same power again without using up one of the 4 he may use a turn.
Legion of Sorcerors: All Sergeants MUST upgrade to Codiciers for +20 points. These have the same statline but may take a single power from Codex: Space Marines. They may take a Force Weapon for +10 points.

Herald of Nurgle
11-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Things turning into Pink Horrors is a great idea!

I think thats a pretty good rendition of Magnus, a bit OTT, but he's a Primarch.
Isn't as harsh as what I was first going to do. Magnus was going to begin as the giant floating Fiery Eye as he is on the Planet of Sorcerers, and then morph each player turn into one of his 8 other forms :P
Also - he IS 999 points for a reason. This guy takes the place of the new Lord of Change on the FW website.

Leman Russ: 750pts, Pre Heresy
WS 9
BS 8
S 6
T 6
W 5
I 9
A 10
Ld 10
Sv 2+

Wargear:
- Relic Blade 'Jaws of Russ'
- Wolf Helm of Russ (see Ulrik the Slayer in C: SW)
- Runic Armour
- Twin Linked Storm Bolter (counts as Close Combat Weapon, fires at AP 4)
- 'The Spear of Russ' (counts as The Axe Morkai, with additional rules)
- Frag Grenades
- Meltabombs
- Wolf Tail Talisman
- Wolf Necklace

Special Rules:
Fearless, And They Shall Know No Fear, Acute Senses, Counter Attack, Independent Character/Infantry (note: only while in a unit), Berserk Charge.
Jaws of Russ: This is a great sword which is dual-wielded with The Spear of Russ. Instead of the usual Frost Blade, Russ may split his attacks between a Relic Blade and Power Fist. However, the Relic Blade is one handed, and the Jaws count as a second Spear of Russ - meaning he gets +1 attack for having 2 identical special close combat weapons.
Spear of Russ: In addition to counting as The Axe Morkai, the Spear may be thrown in the Shooting Phase, This requires Russ to first make a Leadership Test - to focus his will on the target. Then, a single model (chosen by you on a 3+, and by the opponent on a 1-2) controlled by the opponent must take a single armour save for each wound remaining on their profile, up to the maximum of 4 saves. If any of these are failed, the model will suffer from Instant Death. The Spear must, however, be retrieved each turn (by charging the unit Russ shot at) in order to use it again, and the Spear may not be used in any assault phase that it was also thrown in.
Big Damn Heroes: The Wolves have come to save you all. Commissars will not use the Summary Execution ability in an army including Russ. All un-successful Imperial Guard Orders may be re-rolled, including Double 6s. Such is the respect Russ has in the common man that Space Wolves may benefit from Imperial Guard Orders - however, orders which have a test of Double 1 do NOT allow an additional one to be made.
One Too Many: Strong of mind, strong of body... strong of bowels. All units with line of sight to Leman Russ will not fall back and ignore Pinning. However, Russ' unit gains Rage - they took our keg!
Saga of the Primarch: This is a single supreme saga unequalled by any. Russ has the Saga of the Warrior Born, Saga of the Hunter, and Saga of the Beastslayer. In addition, such is his hardiness that Russ may always take his armour save, and ignores Instant Death.
Exists in Spirit: A Wolf Guard Battle Leader - named Bjorn the Fell Handed - must be in the same army as Russ, and will join the same unit as Russ. This Leader has the Saga of Majesty, as well as WS and BS of 6. He also gains the Bodyguard special rule from Codex: Imperial Guard.
MAGNUSSSS: It is well known that Russ and Magnus certainly do not get along - even more than the standard brothers! Russ and all of his army have Preferred Enemy (Thousand Sons), and Preferred Enemy (Dark Angels).

Herald of Nurgle
11-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Jagarthi Khan (?): 825pts, Pre Heresy
WS 8
BS 8
S 6(7)
T 6(7)
W 5(6)
I 10
A 6
Ld 10
Sv 2+

Wargear:
- Artificer Armour
- Moondrakkan (see C:SM)
- Frag Assault Launchers
- Jet Bike (stat bonuses included in profile)
- Relic Blade (may be used while riding)
- Bolt Pistol (may be used while riding)
- Meltabombs (may be used instead of Frag Assault Launchers)
- Teleport Homer

Special Rules:
Fearless, And They Shall Know No Fear, Acute Senses, Eldar Jet Bike, Independent Character/Jet Bike (note: only while not in a unit).
Like the Wind!: Strike before the enemy knows you are there, and take control of the flow of battle. All units in a White Scars army led by Khan may charge on the turn that they disembark from a Rhino (they may not shoot on the same turn, but may run d3 instead of d6 inches), and may also fire their weapons on any turn that they Turbo Boost.
Way of the Mongul: All members of the Scars must know how to ride... Devastator Squads are replaced with Attack Bike Squadrons! These are 3 to 5 models, and retain the same standard options (minus the cost of a Heavy Bolter, of course). In addition, up to 3 Tactical Squads per Battle Company (see Apocalypse) may be exchanged for Bike Squadrons (these must be '10 man'), and Assault Squads may be exchanged with Vanguard Veterans (they MUST take Jump Packs).
Light a Candle to the Darkness: Khan and his retinue gain the 'Hit and Run' special rule. In addition, when consolidating they must move 2d6. This may lead them off of the table - if so, Khan and squad may be placed at any point on that table edge at the beginning of your next player turn.
Weep when I am Dead: From the turn that Khan is killed, all White Scars gain the Berserk Charge special rule. In addition, the unit which kills Khan will be worth double Victory Points/Kill Points. However, Khan is worth 1+d3 Kill Points in such a mission.

Master Bryss
11-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Some very OTT stuff here, but I'll continue making fairly usable Primarchs.

Lorgar: (pre-heresy) Same stats as all my Primarchs
Wargear: Inferno Pistol (from Codex: Witch Hunters however Lorgar's is range 18")
Crozius Of The Holy Word: This is a master-crafted Crozius Arcanum that makes Lorgar S8
Rules:
Litanies of Hate: Any model within 12" of Lorgar can re-roll to hit rolls in combat.
Bearers of the Word: All Chaplains in an army containing Lorgar have +1 Wound and +1 Attacks.
Driven By Faith: Any model in an army containing Lorgar that has Lorgar or a Word Bearers Chaplain attached to their squad has Feel No Pain, however if the squad has a Chaplain attached and not Lorgar it is only 5+. A squad containing Lorgar Feels No Pain on a 4+ as normal.

Herald of Nurgle
11-22-2009, 02:05 PM
As I stated earlier - Primarchs are THE definition of OTT. The area that they pick - combat, psychic, sneaky, fast - will ALWAYS be hyper-exaggerated regardless of who it is. The only problem is trying to make each 'nemesis' roughly equivilent to eachother.

Now for one particularly close to my heart: Corax

Corax: 750pts, Pre Heresy
WS 8
BS 8
S 6
T 7
W 5
I 8
A 8
Ld 10
Sv 2+

Wargear:
- Artificer Armour
- The Ravens Talons (see Kayvaan Shrike, C: SM)
- Narthecium
- Jump Pack (however, he may move as Jet Infantry in the Assault Phase)
- Call of the Raven (this is a Heavy Flamer which always wounds on a 5+. Cover touched by the Call is counted as Armour Value 9, and will become unusable on a successful Armour Penetration roll of a 4+ after modifiers)
- Frag Grenades
- Krak Grenades

Special Rules:
Fearless, And They Shall Know No Fear, Acute Senses, Independent Character/Jump Infantry (note: only while in a unit), Fleet.
Legion Tactics: Tactical Squads become Fast Attack choices, and Assault Squads become Troops.
Nevermore: Corax would rather die than see his legion fall into a horrible mockery of itself. An army with Corax in will automatically draw the game the moment that it reaches 10% of it's starting strength.
Emperor's Peace: Shame makes a man do terrible things. Corax's Narthecium gives his squad the Feel no Pain special rule, however up to 2 hits per game turn which would usually cause Instant Death may also be ignored.
Blinding Accuracy: Stealth, unseen attacks, and manoevring - all parts of the Raven Guard battle plan. All Assault Squads gain the Scout Special Rule. The Squad which Corax joins will also gain Infiltrate and Stealth.

Angron the Bloody: 800pts, Pre Heresy
WS 10
BS 7
S 7(8)
T 6
W 5
I 8
A 10
Ld 8
Sv 2+

Wargear:
- Artificer Armour
- Two Axes of Khorne (don't piss Angron off!)
- Frag Grenades
- Breaching Charges (Meltabombs, which deal 4 hits instead of 1 in Close Combat)
- Twin Linked Plasma Gun (may be fired as an Assault 2 weapon, with usual ranges for Rapid Fire)

Special Rules:
Fearless, And They Shall Know No Fear, Acute Senses, Independent Character/Infantry (note: only while in a unit), Rage.
Axe of Khorne: I mean, uhh, the Emperor? Nah - these are essentially big Axes which give the benefits of Saga of the Warrior Born immediately. For each roll to hit of a 5 or 6 which Angron makes, he may roll an additional dice. This continues until the Fives and Sixes cease. However, on a 1 a single model in the combat (chosen at random!) must take a 2+ Save, or be killed in his ceaseless throes.
Infinite Hatred: Angron hates everything and everyone. For each turn Angron is not in close combat, a single model is removed from the unit (yes, this counts towards Skulls for your Lord!). However, when in Close Combat Angron is untouchable - all hits he deals are Rending, and Angron counts his Armour Save as an Invulnerable.
Skulls for your Lord!: All World Eaters will fight harder in the presence of their Primarch, not ceasing to brawl until the enemy is a splintered mass of flesh on the ground. All World Eaters gain a special 5+ 'Feel no Pain' save while Angron is still alive, and also gain the Rage special rule. If a World Eaters unit fails to reap at least 8 casualties in Close Combat during the game and yet survive, they forfeit a Kill Point. If a World Eaters unit which was KILLED deals at least 8 casualties in Close Combat during the game, the opponent will NOT get a Kill Point.
Bring Me His Head: Enemy Leaders are great targets. All World Eaters must attempt to attack either unit Champions or Independent Characters when possible, and will hit on a 3+. They may select specific models in a unit to deal hits or wounds to in close combat.
Damned Pretty Boy: Angron never really likes the pretty ones. He has Preferred Enemy (Blood Angels), Preferred Enemy (Dark Angels), and Preferred Enemy (Emperors Children). This means he will hit on a 2+ against them WITH RE-ROLLS. (Toooormeeent)

person person
11-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Love it.

Now Fulgrim's gonna have some hits +2 re-roll preffered enemy World Eaters rule too.

Herald of Nurgle
11-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Sanguinius, the Angel of Blood: 850pts, Siege of Palace Mode
WS 9
BS 9
S 6
T 6(5)
W 5
I 9
A 6
Ld 10
Sv 3+

Wargear:
- Artificer Armour (reduced to 3+ due to Wings)
- The Angels Wings
- Sword of Blood
- Boltgun (may be fired as Bolt Pistol, benefits from Hellfire Rounds)
- Death Mask of Sanguinius (see C: BA)
- Exsanguinator (see C: BA)
- Frag Grenades

Special Rules:
And They Shall Know No Fear, Combat Tactics, Acute Senses, Independent Character/Jump Infantry, Fleet.
His Like will Never Be Again: All Space Marine units under an army led by Sanguinius fight with a fervor unequalled by any. This manifests as a 5+ Feel No Pain save, which may always be taken. In addition, all HQ choices and Unit Champions will gain the Eternal Warrior special rule while they are under their starting wounds.
The Angels Wings: Sanguinius is a beacon of hope, a warrior angel under the Emperor. These wings make Sanguinius Jump Infantry, however he may fly up to 18" in the Assault Phase, choose to run 2d6 (pick the highest) in the Shooting Phase, and charge 6+d6 inches. His Squad may also use this, but must take Difficult Terrain tests.
Come from the Heavens: All Assault Squads and Terminators in an army led by Sanguinius will gain the Heroic Intervention special rule. However, Scouts must become Elites and Vanguard Veterans replace Sternguard in the Elites. All Assault Squads are Scoring Units, and up to 3 squads may become Troops.
Weep Your Tears: If Sanguinius is killed, all Blood Angels will fly into an awesome rage. All Boltguns will become Bolt Pistols, and every model will gain the Rage, Fleet, Rending, and Stubborn special rules.

Fulgrim, the Prince of Pleasure: 800pts, Post Heresy
WS 9
BS 8
S 7
T 6
W 5
I 11 (note: ALWAYS STRIKES FIRST)
A 11
Ld 9
Sv 2+

Wargear:
- Artificer Armour
- Fireblade
- Power Sword
- Frag Grenades
- Breaching Charges (Meltabombs, which deal 4 hits instead of 1 in Close Combat)
- Teleport Homer

Special Rules:
Fearless, Eternal Warrior, Acute Senses, Independent Character/Infantry (note: only while in a unit), Rage, Psyker.
Fireblade: This is the last remnant of Fulgrim. It is a Relic Blade which gives +1 to Fulgrim's strength, and counts as a Power Weapon for the purposes of checking if Fulgrim has two close combat weapons.
Slithering Step: Fulgrim may choose to either fight on foot or ride his Steed of Slaanesh at the beginning of the game. If on Foot, he is Infantry. If on the Steed, he is Cavalry. See C: CSM for the Steed's effects.
Eternal Enemies: The Followers of Khorne will always be enemies of Slaanesh. All Marines in Fulgrim's army gain Preferred Enemy (Khornate Units), and re-roll all failed rolls to hit against them. In addition, all Iron Hands armies will ignore Emperors Children charge bonuses or Slaanesh icons, and always wound on a 3+.
Six Sacred Steps 'stilling Slaanesh's Stigma: Fulgrim may use up to 3 Psychic Powers per turn, chosen from those below at the beginning of any game. He ignores Psychic Hoods and similar effects.

Psychic Powers:
Lash of Submission: As Codex Chaos Space Marines. This power may be tested for as many times as Fulgrim desires each turn.
Epidemic Ecstasy: Use in the Movement Phase. Select an enemy unit and friendly unit in line of sight. Each unit immediately moves d6 inches towards eachother, and then takes d6 armour saves. They must attempt to charge eachother and fight a combat during the Assault Phase this turn.
A Thousand Whispers: Use in the Enemy Assault Phase, when the first charge is declared. Select d3 units. If they were eligible for a charge this turn, YOU may choose the initial targets (the opponent still moves the models, but must primarily attempt to hit the declared unit).
Birth of a God: Use in the Assault Phase, when Fulgrim has personally killed at least 6 models in that combat. The enemy unit MUST hold, and takes No Retreat wounds instead of falling back. This overwrites Combat Tactics, by the way.

Master Bryss
11-24-2009, 10:30 AM
It seems OTT is the new black. Goodbye, sanity:

Horus (Heresy-era)

WS- BS- S- T- W- I- A- Ld- Sv- Inv
8 8 8 7 6 7 6 10 2+ 3+

Wargear- Mark of Chaos Ascended (included in profile), Talon of Horus+ Warmaster's Maul, teleport homer, frag+krak grenades, meltabombs

Talon and Maul- These combined have the same effect as Drach'nyen and the Talon of Horus, although+2D6 attacks are given in combat, and 2 1s must be rolled for a weapon failure. Any hit will cause Instant Death, and Horus may sacrifice his extra Attacks for his weapon to ignore Invulnerable Saves.

Rules: Same base rules as all my Primarchs, plus:
Greatest of all His Sons: Horus was able to fight mentally with the Emperor for hours on end. On a roll of 2+ any psychic power used against him will fail. Horus may use any power from Codex: Chaos Space Marines.

The Warmaster: Horus can give Orders as described in Codex: Imperial Guard. He has a command radius of 24". Note that any order he gives will always work because of the God of War rule.
His orders are as follows:
Bolter Drill: All bolters, bolt pistols, heavy bolters and storm bolters in the ordered squad count as twin-linked for that turn.
Bring It Down!: As in Codex: Imperial Guard.
Move Move Move!: As in Codex: Imperial Guard.
Fire On My Target: As in Codex: Imperial Guard.
For Chaos!: When this order is used, every model on the table on the same side as Horus gains the Fleet and Furious Charge rules, and gain +1 Attack in combat, however any squad that is capable of launching an assault in that turn must do instead of firing heavy or rapid-fire weapons. This order can only be used once.

Orbital Strike: Every turn that Horus is on the board you may fire an Orbital barrage at an enemy unit. Place the large blast template over an enemy unit and roll a single D6 scatter. The shot has a Strength of 9, AP2. It does not count as a shooting attack by Horus.

Herald of Nurgle
11-24-2009, 02:11 PM
OTT is a part of being a Primarch. It isn't enough to kill your opponent - your goal is to OBLITERATE them. Make them cease. END them.

My Horus:
Horus Lupercal, The Warmaster: 850pts, Pre Heresy
WS 8
BS 8
S 6
T 6
W 4
I 8
A 5
Ld 10
Sv 2+

Wargear:
- Luna Armour
- The Talon of Horus
- Foecracker, the Maul of Horus
- Frag Assault Launchers
- Signum
- Teleport Homer

Special Rules:
And They Shall Know No Fear, Eternal Warrior, Acute Senses, Independent Character, Ignores No Retreat
Warrior Diplomat: Horus always was one to offer Diplomacy above combat, unlike the Emperor. The controller of Horus may choose to request to their opponent that the game automatically ends on Turn 5 - if this is accepted, Horus will gain d3 Kill Points. It is customary to buy a drink for the opponent afterwards. :P
Lead by Example: All look towards the Warmaster for inspiration. If, during a combat involving Horus, all enemy units engaged in that combat are destroyed in the same turn, all combats within 12" of Horus' will gain +2 to their combat resolution (in the Luna Wolves' favour).
Luna Armour: Only the finest armour suits a warrior as great as Horus! This is a set of Terminator Armour that includes a vast force field. This gives Horus a 2+ Invulnerable save until it is first failed - after this first failure, the Invulnerable is reduced to a 4+.
Foecracker, the Maul of Horus: This is a great Thunder Hammer, which will only HALF Horus' Initiative. When combined with the Talon of Horus, Horus may re-roll failed rolls to Hit and Wound in Close Combat.
The Talon of Horus: This is a Lightning Claw which includes a built in Twin Linked Heavy Bolter. See Foecracker for additional effects.

Horus, The Master of Chaos: 1000pts, Pre Heresy
WS 10
BS 10
S 7
T 7
W 5
I 9
A 6
Ld 10
Sv 2+

Wargear:
- Luna Armour
- The Talon of Horus
- Foecracker, the Maul of Horus
- Mark of Chaos Ascendant
- Mark of Malal (Psychic Powers do not work on Horus)
- Teleport Homer
- Breaching Charges (see Angron)

Special Rules:
And They Shall Know No Fear, Eternal Warrior, Acute Senses, Independent Character, Ignores No Retreat
Accept no Mercy!: The past is gone... look to the future. All units with line of sight to Horus are Fearless - friend or foe. However, all Chaos units within line of sight will gain +1 Attack.
Perfect Tactician: Horus wielded the legions for centuries - he knows them! Horus has Preferred Enemy (Loyalists), and may not be wounded on better than a 3+. This ability extends to all in his retinue.
Lead by Example: All look towards the Warmaster for inspiration. If, during a combat involving Horus, all enemy units engaged in that combat are destroyed in the same turn, all combats within 12" of Horus' will gain +2 to their combat resolution (in the Luna Wolves' favour).
Luna Armour: Only the finest armour suits a warrior as great as Horus! This is a set of Terminator Armour that includes a vast force field. This gives Horus a 2+ Invulnerable save until it is first failed - after this first failure, the Invulnerable is reduced to a 3+.
Foecracker, the Maul of Horus: This is a great Thunder Hammer, which will only HALF Horus' Initiative. When combined with the Talon of Horus, Horus may re-roll failed rolls to Hit and Wound in Close Combat.
The Talon of Horus: This is a Lightning Claw which includes a built in Twin Linked Heavy Bolter with Inferno Bolts. See Foecracker for additional effects.
Psyker: Horus is a Psyker, and may use up to two psychic powers per turn. The powers are described later in this section. He also counts as equipped with a Psychic Hood with unlimited range on THAT Battlefield.

Psychic Powers:
In addition to those in Codex: Chaos Space Marines, Horus has the following powers/alterations:
Doombolt: Horus uses it as Assault 4, Strength 5.
Gift of Chaos: Use a Large Blast, placed within 3 inches of Horus in line of sight. All models - friend or foe - under this are affected as usual. You may choose to turn people into Chaos Spawn, Lesser Daemons, or Nurgling Swarms.
Wind of Chaos: Wounds on a 5+, but NO SAVES WHATSOEVER may be taken. A single model may be 'spawned.
Warptime: This gives Horus +d3 attacks instead of the standard effect.
Nurgle's Rot: Affects all except those with a Mark of Nurgle or another Mark of Chaos Ascendant.
Bolt of Change: Horus uses it as Assault 2.
Lash of Submission: The unit affected is automatically Pinned.
Flay Soul: Not even the most sacred of wards can protect you from this. This is a psychic shooting attack, which may be used in combat. Select a target unit. Both players will roll off - Horus uses d6+d3, and the opponent uses d6. Continue rolling until the opponent beats Horus, and keep count of the amounts both players roll. At the end, the target unit will take 2 Strength X AP 1 ' Poisoned attacks (4+), Template' hits for each time Horus beat them divided by 2. (so if Horus rolls 20 in total and the Foe rolls 10, that's 20 hits). This potentially has no limits. Use it against another Primarch for maximum hilarity.
Ordain to the Stars: This is a psychic power used in the Movement Phase. Each side places 2d6 Markers anywhere on the table - up to d6 may be moved by Horus after this is finished. At the end of the Opponent's turn, place a single large blast template on every single one of these markers, and scatter it d6 inches (a hit means that the Opponent may move it the distance on the dice). All models hit by this will take a single Strength D, AP 2 hit.
Diabolic Grace: This is a psychic power used in the Movement Phase. Select 3 friendly units within line of sight. These units may all roll on the Daemonkin table within the C: CSM book, and retain this power until the end of your opponent's next turn.

Herald of Nurgle
11-25-2009, 01:50 PM
The Avatar of Magnus: 1234 Points, 42nd Millenium
The Forme - WS - BS - S - T - W - I - A - Ld - Sv
Sanctuary - 1 - 10 - 1 - 10 - X - 1 - 1 - 10 - 2+
The Anger - 6 - 5 - 3 - 8 - X - 4 - 4 - 8 - 3+
The Sage - 5 - 6 - 5 - 6 - X - 3 - 4 - 10 - 3+
A Sorrow - 1 - 5 - 10 - 8 - X - 5 - 3 - 8 - 3+
A Hatred - X - 5 - X - 4 - X - 5 - 5 - 8 - 3+
Sorcerer - 9 - 9 - 5 - 5 - X - 4 - 2 - 10 - 2+
Diplomat - 1 - 1 - 9 - 9 - X - 1 - 4 - 10 - 2+
The Ark - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - X - 1 - 0 - 10 - 1+
Revival - 9 - 9 - 9 - 9 - X - 9 - 9 - 9 - 3+

Note: X is equal to 18. That's right - he has to take 18 wounds in total before he FINALLY dies. Taking a transformation takes 1 wound off.

Unit Type: Planetary Creature (Gargantuan +). Magnus does, however, have a Bodyguard (see below)

Wargear:
- Eye of Wrath (may be fired as Twin Linked Multi-Melta once per turn, in addition to other shooting attacks)
- Tome of the Thousand Sons
- Nine Force Weapons (gives +2 attacks in any form)

Special Rules:
Fearless, Psyker (counts as 9 models), Mark of Tzeentch (giving him a 3+ Invulnerable Save), Daemonic (May choose whether to Deep Strike)
Psyker: In most forms, Magnus counts as a psyker. Excluding his Sorcerer form, he may use up to 2 powers per turn. This is in addition to his force weapon hits.
Tome of the Thousand Sons: This powerful book contains every psychic power ever witnessed by Magnus or his chosen warriors. It gives him access to all the Psychic Abilities in the Codexes: Space Wolves, Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines (Nurgle and Slaanesh powers are tested against leadership 6), Eldar, and the Imperial Guard.
The Many Forms of Tzeentch: At the start of each game turn, Magnus may transform into a new form - this removes 1 wound from his total (shown above as X). Each has their own statline, but also their own unique rule:
- Sanctuary: Magnus cannot make any actions in this form except from use Psychic Powers. He is hit automatically in close combat, and will always be wounded on a 6+ (except against Strength D, which always wounds on a 3+)
- The Anger: Magnus gains d6+d3 attacks in each Close Combat, and these automatically hit. However, he does not have any Psychic Powers in this mode.
- The Sage: Magnus and his retinue may not charge, however, all Psykers within d3+d6 x 9 inches will count all of their Psychic Powers as Strength 10 while Magnus is in this form - Magnus and Retinue do NOT benefit from this.
- A Sorrow: Magnus may not be wounded in this form, however he may only spend 1 turn in a row in this.
- A Hatred: Magnus automatically wounds in close combat, and may re-roll failed rolls to hit. However, he may not use any non-Assault psychic powers.
- Sorcerer: This is the ONLY form which benefits from 'The Great Sorcerer' special rule below. However, opponents will always hit Magnus on a 3+ in this form.
- Diplomat: Enemy units may not allocate wounds caused by Shooting or Combat to Magnus while he is in this form.
- The Ark: Magnus counts as a Superheavy Flyer with a transport capacity of 998 models this turn, but may not use any other attacks this turn.
- Revival: In this form, Magnus may not do anything. However, he will regain d6+d3 wounds each turn he remains like this.
The Great Sorcerer: When Magnus begins casting, he will not stop until Tzeentch makes a sign that his actions are enough. Keep making Psychic Tests until either all of Magnus' powers have been used once or until a Perils of the Warp test is forced.
Daemon Primarch: All members of an army against Magnus will gain the Preferred Enemy (Chaos) special rule. However, their hate only empowers him - Magnus has Eternal Warrior, and is immune to the effects of Psychic Hoods and Runic Weapons.
Daemonic Instability: While great in power, Magnus needs to focus all his might on existence, or he will become like the great eye of the Sorcerer's Planet again. Magnus and his unit are all Fearless, however Magnus will take 9-d6 Instability saves instead of No Retreat whenever he and his side are involved in a combat. Note that this overwrites No Retreat - only Magnus will be required to take saves. If Magnus is destroyed by Instability, he will immediately transform into his Revival form and remain on a single wound for the rest of that player turn.
Bodyguard: Magnus is accompanied by a great host of his Sons - a thousand of them. If used in Apocalypse, Magnus must have a Thousand Sons Warcoven. However, the Chosen unit purchased through this will have a unit strength of 8 to 998, and must be purchased in multiples of 9 for the standard cost. Each model only costs 50pts, and gets a single Psychic Power for FREE.
Vast Depository: All Thousand Sons and Thousand Sons Terminators units within 18" of Magnus ignore The Sorcerer Commands. All Thousand Sons and Thousand Sons Terminators within 9" of Magnus will trade Slow and Purposeful for Relentless instead.

Additional Psychic Powers
In addition to those in the Tome of the Thousand Sons, Magnus has a number of additional powers. These are literally game breaking, so up to one of these may be used per turn, and they will immediately remove d3 wounds from Magnus upon use.
Gift of Tzeentch: Magnus looks down poorly at the mewling psykers below him. Make a psychic test in the Movement phase. If passed, all enemy Psykers within 3d6x6 inches will take d3 Perils of the Warp tests. Psykers which usually do not have an Invulnerable Save count as having a 6+. These tests cause Instant Death to models under Toughness 5.
Vampiric Vitality: This is a psychic shooting attack, which is used upon any unit in line of sight to Magnus. The unit immediately takes d3xd6 strength 6 hits, with an AP of 1 (the AP counts as - against vehicles). For each casualty dealt by this attack, Magnus regains 1 wound to his profile.
Crawling Madness: Don't piss Magnus off. This is a psychic shooting attack. If passed, place an Apocalyptic 10" blast template on top of any point on the board (this scatters 2d6-9 inches as usual afterward, and MAY touch friendly models). All models under this template must take a Toughness Test, which if failed will turn them into a Pink Horror (see codex: Chaos Daemons). These Horrors may NOT shoot in that turn, but may choose to Run or Assault.
Wrath of a God: Make a psychic test at the beginning of the Assault Phase. If passed, Magnus gains d6+d3 Attacks in this turn which are struck at Initiative 9 (regardless of his current I stat). These are used at Strength 4, but count as Force Weapon hits.
Metallic Curse: Use against a Super Heavy Vehicle. This is a Psychic Shooting Attack. If passed, a single Super Heavy in line of sight takes d3 Destroyer hits per Structure Point lost - plus 1 basic Destroyer Hit. If the Vehicle is destroyed, it immediately makes an Apocalyptic Explosion - however, Magnus will NOT be affected by this - and spawns 18 Pink Horrors where the tank once was. These horrors may choose to Shoot, but may not Assault or Move any further that turn.

person person
11-26-2009, 09:45 PM
:O

T

T

OTOH, I think Magnus should cost a bit more due to his many forms and knowing ALOT of psychic powers.

Herald of Nurgle
12-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Lorgar, Master of the Word - 805pts, technically Heresy, but Lorgar was always weird
WS 7
BS 7
S 6
T 6
W 5
A 6
I 7+d3 (roll at beginning of each combat)
Ld 10
Sv 3+

Unit Type: Infantry, Independent Character (Unique)

Wargear:
- Power Armour
- Crozius Arcanium (see C:SM)
- Teleport Homer (see C:SM)
- Master Crafted Bolt Pistol, with attached Flamer. Both use Hellfire Rounds.
- Frag Grenades
- Krak Grenades
- Cerebrus Launcher (see C:SM)

Daemonic Gifts: see Codex: CD
- We Are Legion
- Daemonic Gaze
- Master of Sorcery
- Transfixing Gaze
- Blessing of the Blood God
- Aura of Decay

Special Rules:
Stubborn, Hit and Run, And They Shall Know No Fear, Combat Tactics, Combat Squads, Invulnerable!
The Relentless Horde: While Lorgar survives, all Cultists, Scouts, Scout Bikes, and Sternguard Veterans in an army led by Lorgar gain the 'Sustained Attack' special rule. This means that when the entire squad has been killed by the enemy, they are instead placed back into reserve (counting as a new unit). For purposes of kill points, the new unit counts as a new point.
Righteous Zeal: Lorgar and his force use the Black Templars codex for the purposes of options etc. However, Scouts may also be taken as a separate unit, and 'Crusader Bike Squads' are available. These simply mix the BT Bikers with the C:SM Scout Bikes to form a 'Crusader' unit. The same restrictions apply to this unit as they do to the standard Troops version. In addition to THIS, Scouts may be taken as a Troops Choice - however, there cannot be more Scout squads than Crusaders.
Emperor's Champion: Yes, you may take an Emperor's Champion. And yes, this does give you a vow. And no, you cannot take cheesy Librarians YET...
Fight without End!: Lorgar and whatever unit that he joins counts as Fearless while out of Close Combat.

Alpharius Omegon, The Hydra's Maw - 825pts
WS 7
BS 7
S 5
T 5
W 4
A 5
I 7 (roll at beginning of each combat)
Ld 10
Sv 3+

Unit Type: Infantry

Wargear:
As the unit he has joined, however, he gains Artificer Armour, an Iron Halo (this does not have to be indicated in any way), and a Power Weapon. All of his wargear is automatically Master Crafted, and all weaponry gains the Poisoned Attacks (3+) and Template special rules (note: Template only for the purposes of Cover Saves).
He also has a single Macharian Cross - well, the Pre Heresy equivilent at least. This Cross is also given to each HQ choice in Alpharius' army.

Daemonic Gifts: see Codex: CD
- Pavane of Slaanesh (may be used up to twice per turn, in the enemy Movement Phase. Should this be your choice, then the unit may not move further that phase or run that turn)
- Transfixing Gaze (all enemy models in base contact with a member of Alpharius' unit are affected)

Special Rules:
Stubborn, Hit and Run, And They Shall Know No Fear, Combat Tactics, Combat Squads, Invulnerable!, Infiltrate, Scouts, Move Through Cover, Independent Character (once revealed)
Fear the Hydra: At the beginning of the game, your opponent may not look at your army list if you are using Alpharius - all you need to do is inform him that Alpharius is being used. The contents of each transport must be named by all opponents which share the same board as Alpharius is on. Alpharius' side may CHOOSE which player goes first and CHOOSE which player chooses their deployment zone first.
Hidden Deployment: Alpharius is hidden within a single unit of your army, chosen after deployment but before the first turn is taken. In order to make this effective, it is recommended to both model all or most of your units which would be candidates for this rule the same way - e.g. using Vanguard Veterans on foot. All units of the type that Alpharius has joined will gain the Behind Enemy Lines (see C: SW), Move Through Cover, Infiltrate, and Scouts special rules, and the Sergeant will gain the 'Pavane of Slaanesh' Daemonic Gift. Alpharius replaces the Sergeant in any unit he is hidden in, but may not use his Transfixing Gaze until revealed.
Alpharius may either be revealed voluntarily - in which case there isn't anything bad I guess. He may also be revealed by the opponent, either by charging Alpharius' unit (forcing a 'Shadow Flicker' move below) or by investigating further by the Opponent - or to put it simply, the opponent perhaps playing 20 Questions. :P
If Alpharius' unit is destroyed before he is revealed, you may immediately attempt to make a Shadow Flicker move (below).
Alpharius counts as an upgrade character for all intents and purposes, and does NOT count towards your HQ choices.
Shadow Flicker: Even when on the field of battle, Alpharius is swift and skilled enough to never be caught except by the most attentive foes. Shadow Flicker may be used up to once per player turn. Secretly roll a d6 when this ability is used - it is recommended to have a neutral party survey this. On a d6 roll of 3+, Alpharius is immediately switched with a single Sergeant in a unit of the same unit type within 18". If this flicker is caused by a 'force reveal', the reveal is CANCELLED.
If Alpharius is forced to use Shadow Flicker more than three times that game turn, he may no longer use it for the rest of the game - the snake, it appears, has been caught.
Stealth Experts: All members of an Alpha Legion army which are modelled identically to Alpharius gain this rule. Stealth Experts roll 2d6+6 for Krak Grenades against vehicles, and also gain the Scouts and Infiltrate special rules.
Macharian Cross: A Macharian Cross allows the user to redeploy a single enemy unit up to 6+d6 inches before the game begins - the standard deployment rules still apply, and dangerous terrain tests may be forced if the unit is redeployed into dangerous terrain.

Bard of Twilight
12-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Isn't as harsh as what I was first going to do. Magnus was going to begin as the giant floating Fiery Eye as he is on the Planet of Sorcerers, and then morph each player turn into one of his 8 other forms :P
Also - he IS 999 points for a reason. This guy takes the place of the new Lord of Change on the FW website.

Leman Russ: 700pts, Pre Heresy
WS 9
BS 8
S 6
T 6
W 5
I 9
A 10
Ld 10
Sv 2+

Wargear:
- Relic Blade 'Jaws of Russ'
- Wolf Helm of Russ (see Ulrik the Slayer in C: SW)
- Runic Armour
- Twin Linked Storm Bolter (counts as Close Combat Weapon, fires at AP 4)
- The Axe Morkai (see Logan Grimnar in C: SW)
- Frag Grenades
- Meltabombs
- Wolf Tail Talisman
- Wolf Necklace

Special Rules:
Fearless, And They Shall Know No Fear, Acute Senses, Counter Attack, Independent Character/Infantry (note: only while in a unit), Berserk Charge.
Jaws of Russ: This is a great sword which is dual-wielded with The Axe Morkai. Instead of the usual Frost Blade, Russ may split his attacks between a Relic Blade and Power Fist. However, the Relic Blade is one handed, and the Jaws count as a second Axe Morkai - meaning he gets +1 attack for having 2 identical special close combat weapons.
Big Damn Heroes: The Wolves have come to save you all. Commissars will not use the Summary Execution ability in an army including Russ. All un-successful Imperial Guard Orders may be re-rolled, including Double 6s. Such is the respect Russ has in the common man that Space Wolves may benefit from Imperial Guard Orders - however, orders which have a test of Double 1 do NOT allow an additional one to be made.
One Too Many: Strong of mind, strong of body... strong of bowels. All units with line of sight to Leman Russ will not fall back and ignore Pinning. However, Russ' unit gains Rage - they took our keg!
Saga of the Primarch: This is a single supreme saga unequalled by any. Russ has the Saga of the Warrior Born, Saga of the Hunter, and Saga of the Beastslayer. In addition, such is his hardiness that Russ may always take his armour save, and ignores Instant Death.
Exists in Spirit: A Wolf Guard Battle Leader - named Bjorn the Fell Handed - must be in the same army as Russ, and will join the same unit as Russ. This Leader has the Saga of Majesty, as well as WS and BS of 6. He also gains the Bodyguard special rule from Codex: Imperial Guard.
MAGNUSSSS: It is well known that Russ and Magnus certainly do not get along - even more than the standard brothers! Russ and all of his army have Preferred Enemy (Thousand Sons), and Preferred Enemy (Dark Angels).

It's very good, but Russ was supposed to carry the Legendary "Spear of Russ"

Herald of Nurgle
12-05-2009, 04:07 AM
It's very good, but Russ was supposed to carry the Legendary "Spear of Russ"
Spear of Russ? Mkay - i'll update now :P

The Spear may be thrown, but otherwise still works as The Axe Morkai (because i'm boring liek that).
His arm was battered, and it shook. His brow was covered with blood, but he focussed. His men were dying, but he stood true. Russ took the chance...

saringb
12-20-2011, 05:03 PM
All his standard gear that Vulkan He'Stan has. Also something like a combi-storm bolter like Dorns Arrow. Assault 4 St 4 AP 4. But it also has 2 melta gun shots.

Exceptions: Armor counts as Primarch Armor 1+, 3+ invul.

Special Rules: Feel no Pain 3+ no exceptions, Rites of Battle, Stubborn-makes whole army stubborn.

Chapter Tactics__ Vulkans pride allows all flamers, melta's and thunderhammers as twin linked.

Artificer Chapter allows all war gear for 3-5 points less and 1 extra support weapon in each squad.

Look to Your Wargear: allows all veterans access to the SMC vanguard Sgt list. Allows all HQ's access to any other chapters NON_UNIQUE wargear lists at cost.

IE Look to your Wargear: example Assault Terminators can take lightning claws, Thunder hammer and storm shields, or something like storm shield and relic blade.