PDA

View Full Version : What plastic kits would we like to see in the future?

j-orge-287
11-16-2009, 01:47 PM
I recently completed another high elf army list and I noticed that I would have a lot of metal (dragon princes, swordmasters and a great eagele etc). So what do you think they should do for plastic kits- or this rumored fantasy forge world could have resin.
I am personally in favor of dragon princes and ushabti-they would be awesome-and combo kits of all these elite infantry eg:swordmasters/phoenix guard kit.

What are your thoughts?

fuzzbuket
11-16-2009, 04:05 PM
WRAITHGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whole =][= range! (nice inq sculpts bad loadout!)
Most eldar (aka aspect warriors)
kans!
flayed ones
throne of judgement
inquisitor system (ah conversions)
and a whole load more!

My idea would be to make 1-3 plastic kits for each range and have resin upgrades! and a SW/BT/DA-esque command upgrade (fists)
e.g. marine frame, chainswords+bolt pistol upgrade, jetpack upgrade!= assault marine

Old_Paladin
11-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Hey Fuzz, you knew that this was the fantasy forum right?

Personally, I think all the rank-and-file special choices need plastics; for every army that doesn't have them.

Dwarves need: ironbreakers and slayers in plastic (and a plastic sprew for big hammers and heads with crown-like headbands to make warriors into hammerers).
Beasts need: bestigors (and options to make sub-types)
Both elves need like ALL their specials in plastic: witches, executioners, black guard, swordmasters, white lions, pheonix guard, dragon knights.
Tomb kings need tomb guard.
Vampires need black nights (badly! with an updated look).

I think a lot of these models already look great [DE executioners and black guard are one of the best looking models ever made by GW]. Even if the plastics were two-piece mold copies of the metal [kind of like the style of black reach or space hulk], and you only got a handfull different looks; I think a lot of people would be happy.

Lord Azaghul
11-16-2009, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=Old_Paladin;35433]Hey Fuzz, you knew that this was the fantasy forum right?

Personally, I think all the rank-and-file special choices need plastics; for every army that doesn't have them.

Dwarves need: ironbreakers and slayers in plastic (and a plastic sprew for big hammers and heads with crown-like headbands to make warriors into hammerers).

Both elves need like ALL their specials in plastic: witches, executioners, black guard, swordmasters, white lions, pheonix guard, dragon knights.
QUOTE]

Here! Here!
The problem I have however is GW charging the same price as the stupid metals - there is NO WAY I'm buying 10 plastic great swords for 42$ US -

Old_Paladin
11-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking with the greatswords.
Grave guard and Black orcs are pretty much the same, but much cheaper.
Now skaven Stormvermin came out; they're still costly (about $10 more then greatswords), but at least to get a huge unit of 20. I think people would pay the $50+ for 20 greatswords, but not for 10.

Whats worse is that you even get greatswords (the weapon) in the mordhiem box that makes free company militia; and another in the State Troops box. All you have to do is some mix-n-match (cuz you're going to be getting both anyways); the most armoured bodies with the most armoured heads plus those swords and you got greatswords on the cheap.

Chumbalaya
11-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Jezzails and Weapon Teams

Lord Azaghul
11-17-2009, 10:09 AM
I thought they moved the weapon teams into the new clan rat box?

Grabnutz
11-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Rhinox Cavalry :)

Kieranator K82
11-17-2009, 06:29 PM
I know they're not rank-and-file, but how about some Trolls?
The current range of metals is small at best. If you wanna take more than 2 Trolls, you are forced to have identical models; and let's face it, Trolls aren't supposed to look the same. I'm thinking a kit with varying arms, heads and bitz to turn Trolls into their River or Stone cousins.

Old_Paladin
11-17-2009, 09:44 PM
I know they're not rank-and-file, but how about some Trolls?
The current range of metals is small at best. If you wanna take more than 2 Trolls, you are forced to have identical models; and let's face it, Trolls aren't supposed to look the same. I'm thinking a kit with varying arms, heads and bitz to turn Trolls into their River or Stone cousins.

You can usually get the plastic troll from Skull Pass cheap on Ebay (so thats make 3 different kinds of regular trolls). There is also the LotR's troll kit, and the size fits pretty well.
Unfortuanately, I don't think trolls are popular enough to make back the cost of the injection mold unit. It's also a good bet that when they make a new metal model, plastics aren't coming; it's not always fair, but its true.

Aldramelech
11-18-2009, 12:45 AM
One of the staff at my local GW told me that plastic trolls were on the cards, along with plastic Minotaurs.

Lord Azaghul
11-18-2009, 08:03 AM
You can usually get the plastic troll from Skull Pass cheap on Ebay (so thats make 3 different kinds of regular trolls). There is also the LotR's troll kit, and the size fits pretty well.
Unfortuanately, I don't think trolls are popular enough to make back the cost of the injection mold unit. It's also a good bet that when they make a new metal model, plastics aren't coming; it's not always fair, but its true.

Well given GW bad habit of giving a unit with crappy rules in the current edition stupid good rules in the new ed...Trolls might gain in popularity. Right now though its more economical to buy a box of ogres and convert 'em up.

edit:
I also want to see plastic savage orcs, both boar and on foot. I would love to be able to built a cheap savaged-themed greenskin army.

Old_Paladin
11-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Well given GW bad habit of giving a unit with crappy rules in the current edition stupid good rules in the new ed...Trolls might gain in popularity. Right now though its more economical to buy a box of ogres and convert 'em up.

edit:
I also want to see plastic savage orcs, both boar and on foot. I would love to be able to built a cheap savaged-themed greenskin army.

Savage Orcs really should be done; they look good, are a fun idea, and have good rules on the table top. Maybe they'll be done with the new orcs that may or may not be coming out next summer.
If they do release an 8th ed. box set; it should be savage orcs and tomb kings; both are common enemies in the badlands and tomb kings really need to be updated.

j-orge-287
11-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Rhinox Cavalry :)

You can get cool rhinox cavalry off forge world. But they aren't in the army list to show off as much as you might like (or are they)

Lerra
11-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Horrors of Tzeentch and Plaguebearers

It would be nice to get a model for Seekers of Slaanesh and an updated Lord of Change, too. Oh, and if they could release the new Demon Prince plastic set that is already finished. What ever happened to that, anyway?

Grabnutz
11-18-2009, 01:38 PM
You can get cool rhinox cavalry off forge world. But they aren't in the army list to show off as much as you might like (or are they)

Yeah, but I'm married with kids, so short of selling a kidney I can't afford Forgeworld :(

I'm sure there was an article on the GW Website about Rhinox Cavalry...?

Lord Azaghul
11-18-2009, 01:59 PM
It was in a WD article, but they are one of the most broken units in the game!
I think they may even have been banned at a few local ard boyz...

j-orge-287
11-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah, but I'm married with kids, so short of selling a kidney I can't afford Forgeworld :(

Fair enough

Grabnutz
11-19-2009, 12:31 PM
It was in a WD article, but they are one of the most broken units in the game!
I think they may even have been banned at a few local ard boyz...

Is that broken because they don't work, or broken because they do?

Really I don't care - I just want to see the look on my mates' faces when I plonk them on the table :D

Lord Azaghul
11-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Do!
Prior to the nasty 08 book it was the only single unit that would front charge and break full ranked 4t infantry block! But they are expensive!

j-orge-287
12-05-2009, 03:56 AM
Never mind the rules just metal units you use the most that should be plastic-or ones that you really like

rustbucket
12-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I can only hope that with the next updated Empire knights, that they at least give them newer styled legs with stirups and better heads to make them more in line with the other head styles in the army range and less Edwardian English/Tudor knight style. Current'y they look out of place compared to other models. I also agree and wouldn't mind seeing plastics individually or a combined kit of the High Elf Swordmaster/Pheonix Guard/White Lions.

rustbucket
12-05-2009, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=Grabnutz;35917]Yeah, but I'm married with kids, so short of selling a kidney I can't afford Forgeworld :(QUOTE]

I hear ya on that!! In my case, I have 3 little girls, so I'm destined to be broke for the rest of my life, as my wife doesn't feel that any of my "little toys" are as much as a priority as the need for new Christmas dresses and the like... no love for the crackhammer addiction!

cybertuna
12-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Horrors of Tzeentch and Plaguebearers

It would be nice to get a model for Seekers of Slaanesh and an updated Lord of Change, too. Oh, and if they could release the new Demon Prince plastic set that is already finished. What ever happened to that, anyway?
I am TOTALLY with the Horrors idea! GOD! I hate the arms on the metal Horrors. I have 60 (!!!) of them, and they are falling apart ALL THE TIME! I have finally just given up fixing them. I am just puttying and painting the arm sockets and saying "forget it!"

Along the same vein, I would also like to see other plastic daemons...like Bloodcrushers, Flamers, Daemonic Chariots, Screamers, Khorne Hounds...and ESPECIALLY Greater Daemons! A plastic Lord of Change would be so TOTALLY hot, with options to make him two-headed.

The other guy
01-05-2010, 10:49 AM
How about plastic Tyrant / Bruiser / Butcher / Slaughtermaster for Ogres? Im sure they could do a plastic sprue with options for all of those, instead of paying £20 >£30 for each as a lump of metal.

Just a thought