PDA

View Full Version : Rulebook Question

Pi666
11-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Hi, I'm going to get a lot of LOTR minis and i have a doubt.

I Have the Return of the King Rulebook, and probably play with a Rohirrim army (love 'em!). Do i need the WOTR rulebook?

Cryl
11-17-2009, 05:47 AM
To play WotR you do need the WotR rulebook, it contains all the rules and army lists for the game. It's a nice book with some great photos, scenarios and background in as well as the rules section, army lists, painting guide etc

You're all set to play the SBG with the rules you have, the latest version of the book is slightly different (I believe) but if you're going to get a WotR size army collection you'll have plenty of models for the SBG!

Pi666
11-17-2009, 06:10 AM
Sorry, SBG?

Cryl
11-17-2009, 06:30 AM
Strategy Battle Game. My fault, should have explained my acronym.

WotR is good fun and the rulebook is well worth the money (in my opinion) as it's really everything you need to play the game in one book!

Pi666
11-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Thanx for the explanation. I'm going to get probably almost all the minis that came in the 3 boxed sets, some (maybe many) heroes and monsters. That's because a very good friend of mine needs more room in his house and is going to give 'em to me, so I think I'm a very lucky guy right now XD

Cryl
11-17-2009, 06:38 AM
I'd say so! Post some pics when you get your armies started, would be nice to see some more WotR forces on here]

that said, I really should get round to some pics of my own forces