PDA

View Full Version : Killing Blow and Ridden Monsters

pgarfunkle
07-28-2013, 09:45 AM
After reading this month's WD I had a question about how killing blow interacts with ridden monsters. I had thought that the rider of a monster gets monster as its unit type and would therefore be immune to basic killing blow. Is this right or have I missed something?

Cheers

Wildeybeast
07-29-2013, 05:38 AM
You are correct. However, the Necrosphinx (which is what I assume you are referring to in this months battle report) has Heroic Killing Blow and so can take out anything. On reflection they probably didn't make that abundantly clear. I'm also unclear why they gave the Tomb Prince Fencer's Blades when the FAQ makes clear that the WS10 will not pass on to his unit. I noticed as well that from the pictures of units in combat, there is no way they could have over run into other units from the angles they were positioned.
I have to say, I'm not at all impressed with the current format of Battle Reports. The lack of points values in units mean we have no idea how balanced the two sides are, or indeed whether they are intended to be balanced. The conversational style of reporting lacks both any in depth personal insight from the players and any real guidance as to how rules work, particularly on new models. In the past they had detailed turn by turn summaries along with box outs explaining new rules. Rant over.

pgarfunkle
07-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Cheers wildey, I thought it might have been something like that. Yeah I miss the more detailed reports with maps showing movement