PDA

View Full Version : Infinity "Boot Leg" range

energongoodie
07-31-2013, 01:31 AM
Here are the first models in the new Infinity "Boot Leg" range.
I've been looking forward to these but I am not very taken with them at all :(

http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/MontadorNovedad_Julio20131.jpg

"Infinity Bootleg is the new collector’s brand of Infinity miniatures. Infinity Bootleg will provide a reduced range of models, all of the finest quality but totally separate from the main Infinity catalog.

Why this name? Because these are the models the concept designers always wanted to design, the miniatures all the Infinity modelers always wanted to sculpt, and the figures Infinity fandom always wanted to get, but none of them could have as those models have no room in a game-focused catalog.

Even though most of the Infinity Bootleg figures have a troop profile to play with, and they can be used in an Infinity game, this is not the main purpose of this new brand.

Infinity Bootleg has been conceived for painters and miniature lovers. Top notch, high quality figures with attitude. Believe it or not, but even more than regular Infinity models. This is the connoisseur brand of Infinity!

Infinity Bootleg. These are not toys!"

Psychosplodge
07-31-2013, 03:24 AM
IDK lizard squad pilot might be my first infinity model...

Bigred
07-31-2013, 10:35 AM
Here's some more closeups:

ElectricPaladin
07-31-2013, 11:27 AM
Can't say I'm terribly interested. I have enough trouble affording the models I want to play with and the models I could theoretically play with, but mostly want to paint/convert around. I don't have the cash for models that I could never play with at all.

Levitas
08-09-2013, 08:38 AM
These are aimed at collectors and painters, and the Infinity range is very popular with hobbyists like that. So it's a good move for them.

I agree with you though ElectricPaladin. I like models that will see game time and be useful. Very nice range of models though, and I do like them all. Look forward to seeing more, specially ones than can be easily adapted for use on the board.

chromedog
12-03-2013, 12:44 AM
I actually bought the lizard squadron pilot.
I have her on a 40mm base as an objective marker (she's checking something out in a holo - possibly doing a pre-combat check list or something.) - but I also painted her up so that she was wearing a skinsuit, not buttfloss (I don't find butt-floss to be particularly alluring).