PDA

View Full Version : 1500 PT Air Assault List

Unholy_Martyr
11-18-2009, 10:26 PM
So I was toying with the thought the other day of making an Air Assault list. The following is the result with some explanation afterwards.
[List below created using Army Builder]

HQ: Company Command Squad (8#, 165 pts)
4 Company Command Squad @ 165 pts (Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x4; Lasgun x4; Carapace Armour; Vox Caster; Astropath; Master of Ordnance; Officer of the Fleet)
1 Company Commander (Frag Grenades; Refractor Field; Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon; Carapace Armour; Senior Officer)
1 Astropath (Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon; Laspistol; Carapace Armour; Telepathic Relay)
1 Master of Ordnance (Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon; Laspistol; Carapace Armour; Artillery Bombardment)
1 Officer of the Fleet (Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon; Laspistol; Carapace Armour; Intercept Reserves)

Troops: Infantry Platoon (35#, 240 pts)
1 Infantry Platoon @ 240 pts (Infantry Squad)
4 Platoon Command Squad (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x4; Lasgun x4; Vox Caster)
1 Platoon Commander (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon; Junior Officer)
7 Infantry Squad (Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x6; Flak Armour; Lasgun x7; Vox Caster; Flamer x1; Heavy Weapons Team)
1 Heavy Weapons Team (Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x1; Flak Armour; Lasgun x1; Autocannon)
1 Sergeant (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon)
7 Infantry Squad (Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x6; Flak Armour; Lasgun x7; Vox Caster; Flamer x1; Heavy Weapons Team)
1 Heavy Weapons Team (Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x1; Flak Armour; Lasgun x1; Autocannon)
7 Infantry Squad (Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x6; Flak Armour; Lasgun x7; Flamer x1; Heavy Weapons Team)

Troops: Veteran Squad (10#, 130 pts)
9 Veteran Squad @ 130 pts (Carapace Armour; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x9; Lasgun x6; Meltagun x3; Grenadiers)
1 Veteran Sergeant (Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Laspistol; Carapace Armour; Close Combat Weapon)

9 Veteran Squad @ 130 pts (Carapace Armour; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x9; Lasgun x6; Meltagun x3; Grenadiers)
1 Veteran Sergeant (Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Laspistol; Carapace Armour; Close Combat Weapon)

Fast Attack: Vendetta Gunship Squadron (1#, 140 pts)
1 Vendetta Gunship Squadron @ 140 pts
1 Vendetta (Extra Armor; Searchlight; Twin-linked Lascannon x3; Heavy Bolter Sponsons x2)

1 Vendetta (Extra Armor; Searchlight; Twin-linked Lascannon x3; Heavy Bolter Sponsons x2)

Heavy Support: Ordnance Battery (1#, 135 pts)
1 Ordnance Battery @ 135 pts (Medusa)
1 Medusa (Heavy Bolter; Medusa Siege Cannon; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers)

Heavy Support: Ordnance Battery (1#, 135 pts)
1 Ordnance Battery @ 135 pts (Medusa)
1 Medusa (Heavy Bolter; Medusa Siege Cannon; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers)

Total Roster Cost: 1485

The idea behind this is that the infantry platoon along with the Medusas remain stationary and pour fire down range while the veterans outflank in the vendettas gunning for objectives, popping tanks, doing whatever needs being done. I realize that against hordes or armies that contain units that can outflank I can run into some problems but then again, this is just iteration number 1.

Let me know what you think.

vutall
11-19-2009, 02:13 AM
I would say whatever your using to transport your Vets you turn into rocket pod valks. Moving 12 and still able to fire 2 blast and a multilaser is much more valuale for the troops manuverability without sacrificing firepower..

So really, only change I see if swap FA 1 and FA 2 from Vendetta squadrons to Rocket Pod Valkyrie squadons.

Unholy_Martyr
11-19-2009, 11:21 AM
That would work, I actually skimmed over the list and realised it is really tooled out for facing large amounts of armor and such. I'll play around with the list this afternoon after work and see what changes would leave me where.

vutall
11-19-2009, 12:07 PM
One other thing to think about, and I know its quite hard, as I like it to..

With 4+ cover saves being so vast, your points spent on carapace armor isn't always necessary. I need to play a few more games with or without it, but from what I have seen..

-If I pay and have the carapace, I am almost always getting 4+ cover anyways, so it was wasted points
OR
-If I don't pay for the carapace, I find myself on tables with little cover and high amounts of AP weapons (especially since most players here are Marines)

It's about 50/50

Unholy_Martyr
11-19-2009, 12:20 PM
That's something to consider as well; however, around here, most of the boards have sparse terrain. In addition, alot of players LOVE to place objectives out in the middle (most of them play Marines so you can only wonder why).

I could drop the carapce and almost afford an entire other infantry squad; but again, something I'll play with at home.

Chumbalaya
11-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Carapace does seems kinda expensive for not much benefit, taking it out nets you 110 points.

MoO and OotF are meh. The blast is too random and helping reserve armies is not good. Go for camo and a flag.

Autocannons don't need orders. Get up a lascannon battery (2 squads joined up with 1 vox between them) and autocannon HWS, maybe a buffer squad or two for protection.

Valks would be better than Vends for outflanking/scouting. Add Demoltions if you want to do some fun tricks with assaulting immobile vehicles turn 1.