PDA

View Full Version : 1001 pts SM List

Alvena
11-19-2009, 05:17 AM
Hello everybody.

I have made this quick list for a small game tonight.
I will be playing Vanilla Marines against Imp. Guard (Steel legion)

i'm expecting to encounter a list based on (more or less) heavy heapon platform, command squad, vet squad, Leman russ, LR Executioner, Troop with chimera and commissar.

Here is what i'm planning to use.

HQ: (120)
Master of the Forge with conversion beamer

Troop 1 116)
6 Scouts with camo-cloak, 5 Sniper, 1 Missile launcher.

Troop 2: (205)
10 SM Flammer, MultiMeta, Drop pod (for Wave 2)

Elite : (170)
"standard" IronClad + Drop Pod (For Wave 1)

Fast Attack : (105)
3 Scout bikes. Sergent with combi Melta and locator Beacon

Fast Attack : (200)
Assault squad (Without jump pack) 10 Men + 1 flammer + Drop Pod (For Wave 1)

Heavy Support: (85)
Whirlwind

Tactics:

This is guard, pinning is one weakpoint i will use. So Scout sniper and whirlwind are there to make them test. MotF provide to scout 2+ Cover save (Bolster defence) & stay at the back (with the wirlwind) and shoot on tank.
Scout Missile launcher may be also use to shoot at Tank.
Scout bike squad is to provide to get in the right place on turn 1 the locator beacon, and Combi melta is to shoot one Tank.
Ironclad, Land, shoot tank with melta, put a lot of pressure, and should assault Tank.
Assault Squad do the same as the ironclad IE: land, fry some guard, put presure on turn 1
Whirlwind stay at the back away from 18' of any table border, pinning and killing evrything i can get.
My last troop is for flexibilty , i'm expecting them to arrive on turn 3 (That would be great, maybe combat squadind them)
In case of objective game i'm expecting to have the scout on the first one
and to drop later one the tac squad.

What do you think about the list? the plan ?

I beleive that this would have been so much better with a damocles + Techy "in lieu" of the Motf but damocles is a non regular Hq unit.

Pi666
11-19-2009, 05:46 AM
If you want press the guard turn 1, put a heavy flamer on the Ironclad and drop the tactical squad.

IMO, it's pointless dropping an assault squad, 'cause they're in face on the enemy and cannot assault, so they're going to be shoot the hell out of the table without doing anything. Same for the scout bikes, 'cause, if i'm not wrong, you can't end your scout move closer than 18' of enemy, wich leaves you pods out of effective range anyway.

krispy
11-19-2009, 06:06 AM
same as pi666 says - the assault squad will be sitting ducks after podding in if you are wanting to try for this you should try vanguard veterans because of their special assault on deep strike turn rule (i forget the name)
/k

Alvena
11-19-2009, 10:50 AM
okay what about this

HQ: (120)
Master of the Forge with conversion beamer

Troop 1: (100)
5 Scouts with camo-cloak, 4 Sniper, 1 Missile launcher.

Troop 2: (205)
10 SM Flammer, MultiMeta, Drop pod (for Wave 2)

Troop 3: (125)
5 SM Flammer + Rhino

Elite : (170)
"standard" IronClad + Drop Pod (For Wave 1)

Fast Attack : (105)
2 Attack bike (1 Heavy bolter, 1 Multimeta)

Heavy Support 1 : (85)
Whirlwind

Heavy Support 2 : (85)
Whirlwind

and 5 points left.

Global Idea is:
I like scout & i would love to play a Motf: This part of the list is not changed.
I reduce scout to 5 man to save a little bit on points and if they pine, it's good if not, they will keep an objective safe.

5 SM squad is to be joined by the MoF and will act as an Wound pool for him and second line element in case of pb).

10 SM squad will come later in game: when the guard would have be soften a little (and if theyre is an objective to take they will take it)

The rhino is empty and will make cover for Whirlinds he not supposed to transport anyone but he might be able to do it.

Whirlwind kills and make the pinning test.

Ironclad put pressure and probably be destroyed early in the game
Assaut bike put pressure and should be shot after blowing a Tank

Pi666
11-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Drop the scouts' ML.
Buy a flamer for the Ironclad.
Make both bikes MM.

Chumbalaya
11-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Just Pod the solo suicide Dread and be done with it, your Tac would do better in a Rhino.

A normal MM/HF Dread would be cheaper too. Podding Dreads die anyway so paying more points seems kinda pointless.

Swap the Whirlies for dakka Preds (more versatile, better armor), bulk out your 2nd Tac like the 1st, and you should be set.

Dread drops in, annoys people for a turn until it dies, maybe killing something, then you roll up with 2 Rhinos full of marines, 2 Preds, and a Speeder if you can swing it.