PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of Kings

lattd
08-22-2013, 02:46 AM
Has anyone seen/watched this kickstarter?

Fantastic looking models, well priced, settings is nice and different, and the rules look simple.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/wrath-of-kings?ref=users

Already funded 400% and barely started.

eldargal
08-22-2013, 03:13 AM
I saw it when it went up, not actually that keen on the models myself. Too many really sexualised female sculpts, those that aren't I don't like and the aesthetic for the most part seems like a weird mash up of anime and traditional fantasy with a bit of steampunk. I like some of the art though.

lattd
08-22-2013, 03:52 AM
I had the same thought about some of the females but the vampires and iron eye don't seem so bad.

SaveModifier
08-22-2013, 06:24 AM
Something about it just seems off to me, I don't know what it is, it just seems lacking in soul I think, its seems like its been thrown together to make a kickstarter while the band wagon is still filling up, rather than being a passion project that needed money to get off the ground

SaveModifier
08-22-2013, 06:27 AM
I had the same thought about some of the females but the vampires and iron eye don't seem so bad.

You mean the same Iron Eyes who is wearind her underwear and some ***-less chaps? That doesn't seem sexualised to you?

lattd
08-22-2013, 06:37 AM
I never said that I said she's not overly sexualised like some of the models. I know ill be green stuff some of the models to de sexualise them.

GrauGeist
08-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Has anyone seen/watched this kickstarter?

Fantastic looking models, well priced, settings is nice and different, and the rules look simple.

I found the models to be a mixed bag of things I liked, and things I didn't. The price is OK for a CMoN Kickstarter, and the rules are OK. The setting / theme doesn't work for me at all - it looks and feels kitchen-sinky, like each designer picked something they've had on the back burner and decided to push forward.

I'm not backing, as I can't even find starters for 2 faction that I'd really want to own. I stopped tracking yesterday, and will take another look when the campaign closes in a few weeks.

lattd
08-23-2013, 12:54 AM
Have a read of the stories if your undecided by the background, having read the nasier one it has changed my opinion on some of the models.

GrauGeist
08-23-2013, 01:08 AM
Thanks, but if the models don't attract me visually, the background is kinda irrelevant.

pauljc
08-30-2013, 07:27 AM
Kinda looks like Rackham all over again...

lattd
08-30-2013, 10:09 AM
The starter boxes on the pledge are now up to 50% extra, so amazing value for those sitting on the fence.

DarkDesigner
09-06-2013, 03:15 PM
The starter boxes on the pledge are now up to 50% extra, so amazing value for those sitting on the fence.

I was pretty meh about this one when I first saw the models - like most of the others I was (and still am) put off by the unnecessarily nude female models. There are a couple that I do like but it's probably easier to just pick them up when they come out for reals.

That said, I have since looked again, and read the Iron Eyes story, and I am interested in the background. And most of the factions do have at least a handful of models that I like. I can't stand Teknes, I just don't think they fit at all, but maybe their background explains their freaky porkyness. Shael Han looks like it would have some good models to mix in with my Relic Knights Noh (if the scale is right), Nasier I love the masks with horns, the vampires are very cool though I wish the Herald of Blood was more Harley Quinn like her art is. I do love the Hadross fishmen though, they are very cool.

lattd
09-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Some new models added very close to unlocking all the characters, there is now 3 infantry for each faction, although the newest ones are an extra 20 dollars but include 2 leaders with the troops. Plus who doesn't like sharkmen wielding swords http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/wrath-of-kings/posts

GrauGeist
09-15-2013, 11:59 PM
Hmm... $718k. Not bad, but well behind Relic Knights and Sedition Wars, to say nothing of Zombicide 2. I wonder if this is showing people to be somewhat more selective with Kickstarters?