(7) GKs in vets Chimera, incinerator
(7) GKs in vets Chimera, 2 psycannons

Fast Attack
(7) GKs deep strike, incinerator
(2) Vendettas

Heavy
Leman Russ standard
Leman Russ Demolisher, plasma sponsons

Basically a fun list build. The idea is to deliver PAGKs in Chimeras along with Straken, supported with the demo. 5 GKs shooting out of chimeras sounds like a fun way to rumble down the table. Then if they get popped, the GKs have cover, and Straken with them.

Vendettas are for the Vets, so I can deploy their special weapons better. Instead of Vendettas carrying GKs who need to get into the mix faster, Vets can actually be deployed more reactively.

I actually think this will be a good list in addition to fun. My only question is, what is the best chimera weapons buildout to compliment GKs? The GK squad with 2 psycannons is obviously expensive, but I still like the idea since I can pump out 6 shots at least two turns before disembarking. Is 2 heavy bolters the way to go? Or should I toss in a flamer?

burning crome
11-19-2009, 08:21 PM
I have to go off and read the BBB on this one. I'm not to sure about details about deployment rules for dedicated transport. I think GK in chime’s as far as I’m aware is fine (in vendettas is a no-no I think or is that just term there was some thing in the FAQ about allies using them) but your main problem is if your looking to start the vet in the vend or not. If I got it right then if the squad start in reserve the transport also has to be in reserve which stop you using outflank on the vend and letting the GK go on their merry way. The worst case scenario is that you have to deploy ever thing separate (you’ll have to do the chim and GK this way) and have them leap into their preferred transport first turn. This would leave you very venerable first turn if you go second and stop you using turbo boast on the vend’s even if you when first.

bonedale
11-20-2009, 08:01 AM
If I have the rules right on this one, I have to deploy everything on the table, then the units can switch transports so to speak. Since the Vendettas are anti tank, I won't be boosting until late game.

It doesn't seem like it would slow me down really, GKs deploying next to Chims, embark and take off. Same with Vets next to VEndettas. Problem is I have all my troops exposed on turn one if I don't go first. No inquisitor means I am probably not going first. So deployment is a issue.

Rule question: I know the squad and their transport must be deployed at the same time, but do they have to be within 6" or something from eachother. Or can a vet squad be deployed on one side of the table and their chim on the other?

From a theme/style point of view. I would convert my Inquisitorial rhinos to have a more WH Repressor look complete wiith plow fronts to represent 12 armor. GKs coming out of Chims would look funny.