PDA

View Full Version : Play-by-Post Recruitment Thread

ElectricPaladin
08-28-2013, 12:03 AM
It looks like if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. So, I'm going to start a play-by-post game myself. If this inspires someone to want to run a game later, that would be awesome. But, since I have the biggest burn for this to happen, I am going to take point.

Here are the answers to a few questions you might have:

1. What's Play-by-Post?

Play-by-post is the slowest kind of roleplaying imaginable. Essentially, it takes the form of a roleplaying game run entirely via posts to a web forum, such as this one. Players will post with their character's actions. The GM (that's me) will post with requests for rolls and the like. Altogether, it will take a very long time... however - and you've got to trust me on this, because I've seen it - it can nevertheless be a very rewarding form of storytelling.

2. How Much of a Commitment Is It?

This is the beauty of play-by-post. The answer is "almost none at all." All I ask is that you be willing to post at least once a day. Of course, if everyone posts more often, the game will go faster, but once a day should keep everything going at a nice clip.

3. Ok, I'm Curious, But... What Kind of Game Are You Looking For?

I haven't decided yet. I want to see what kind of energy there is in my players.

Huh... you know, the more I talk about this, the more pumped I'm getting about running this. My players... this is going to be fun.

Anyway, I'm looking for a low degree of pvp action - though I'm not outlawing it altogether. I'd like to keep it to a limited degree. Additionally, I'm hoping to take this whole thing fairly seriously. Not 100% seriously, so feel free to pitch characters with flaws that are entertaining, but not completely silly, either. A happy (well, grimdark) medium.

4. I'm Interested! What Do I Do Next?

Go ahead and post to this thread. If you have a character concept - pitch it! If you don't, just watch this thread and we'll see if anyone else has any ideas that spark you up.

I think this could be a fun time. I hope some of you agree.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-28-2013, 01:28 AM
I have varying characters for different games in my head.
40k campaigns are pretty fun.

I'll put my name down.

DrLove42
08-28-2013, 01:41 AM
I may be interested, dependant on what game is being played!

ElectricPaladin
08-28-2013, 01:47 AM
I may be interested, dependant on what game is being played!

You're only the second person to respond to this thread - you may well get to help decide which game is being played!

For context, I'm likely to not use any of the systems. I only own Rogue Trader, which would sharply limit our options. I'd probably use a hack of the FATE system. It's easy, versatile - the basic mechanics are a free and totally legal download - and it generally creates a fun and cinematic experience, rather than a clunky and mechanical one. The FATE system is a lot less granular than most RPG systems, which will make it easier for us to use multiple character types side-by-side. Your Space Marine could have all sorts of Aspects and Skills related to his martial prowess and tactical brilliance, but that doesn't mean that TDA's Inquisitor couldn't have enough Aspects for psychic power and generalized sneakiness to make him competitive in the same game.

So, in other words, if there's a character type you want to play... just pitch it. Everyone who comes after you will have to adapt!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-28-2013, 02:08 AM
Inquisitor Silas Kane.
A jaded, and world-weary character who has a long standing career as an Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus. Neither a radical nor a puritan, Silas does what it takes to get the job done.
Silas has worked besides many Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes, and believes they are the only true way to stop the evils in the universe; from within, and without.
Silas possesses telepathic psychic powers, able to enter the minds of the weak-willed with ease to get the information he desires.

Wildeybeast
08-28-2013, 03:23 AM
Low time commitment and fun? Count me in.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-28-2013, 03:25 AM
YEY BEAST!

Dale is excite.

Wildeybeast
08-28-2013, 04:49 AM
d.

Wolfshade
08-28-2013, 04:54 AM
I am curious, I've never done this sort of thing before.

ly.

Wildeybeast
08-28-2013, 04:59 AM
Soren Locke, dispossessed Imperial Noble.
A sword for hire to the highest bidder, has and will work with pretty much anyone, so long as there is chance for adventure and profit. Inveterate womaniser, skilled swordsman, suburb conman, reckless risk taker and compulsive (borderline addict) gambler. Has a long standing resentment of Imperial bureaucracy and Imperial nobility who he blames for the mysterious downfall of his house when he was just a child. Willing to endanger the mission if a golden opportunity to 'stick it to the man' presents itself, be that sleeping with the Planetary Governors daughter or selling security codes for the Arbites courthouse to the local gang.
I'm thinking rogue class with persuasion, disguise, lock picking, swordplay skills. Probably some weaknesses to gamble and lack of trust from his teammates.

How does that sound?

jgebi
08-28-2013, 05:00 AM
sure, sound good. I do live in Australia so time difference could be a pain but I'm in

DrLove42
08-28-2013, 05:21 AM
I've only ever played Dark Heresy, but i'm in for in

I'll likely be a Tech priest of some description...back story to follow :P

AirHorse
08-28-2013, 08:19 AM
I'm definitely interested in getting involved in this, so count me in!

I will post again when im home from work with a character idea :)

ElectricPaladin
08-28-2013, 09:35 AM
So, because this is my first play-by-post game... I'm going to close down entries (unless one of the six of you backs out).

AirHorse, jgebi, and Wolfshade - get me character concepts at your leisure.

I have the seed of an idea here... More to come when I have more time.

ElectricPaladin
08-28-2013, 09:57 AM
So, here are my thoughts:

At start, you are all the passengers on a tramp freighter called the St. DeGrasse Tyson, en route to one of the planets on the borders of the Equinox Stars. The Equinox Stars are a stellar cluster known for its rugged independence - although technically still part of the Imperium of Man, they view themselves as bold explorers and individualists who have rested their worlds from xenos by the sweat of their brow and the blood of their ancestors, and they tend to resent efforts by Holy Terra to exert too much control. They resent even more - sometimes to the point of violence - any efforts by their neighbors to infringe on what they view as "theirs." There are no Chapters of Astartes permanently operating in the area, though there are probably the usual random scattering of Forge Worlds and other "special" planets. Feel free to make one up if you want to be a local.

You aren't on a mission yet; you just happen to be in the same place at the same time. The events of the first plot will - hopefully, if I do this right - weld you together into a coherent group. The following stories, up until the dramatic climax (whenever that happens...) will take place over many (potentially many) years, kind of like the Caiphas Cain novels.

Now, regarding characters, there are a few things I'd like to see. View this as an inspiration, not a demand:
• Some chicks. I don't know how many of you are comfortable playing female characters, but if one of you chose to be a girl-type person that would be great. The human population of 40k is still roughly 51% female, after all (maybe less - do Tech-Priests still count as female if they were originally XX humans? :p).
• An Astartes would be an interesting challenge. I kind of want one represented in the game, but figuring out how to have one wandering around independently is rough. If you have a brilliant idea, it would be awesome to include such a person.
• A xenos of some kind. Remember - not all the Imperium is quite as zealously xenophobic as, say, the Space Marines, and this game will probably be set in the border realms, where even the faithful play fast and loose with the Imperial Creed. Not all xenos are maniacs. One of the more comprehensible xenos species, like a Tau a long way from home or an Eldar or even an unusually intelligent and erudite Ork, would be kind of neat.

Go to town!

Additionally, if anyone with a character wants to add more concept, that's cool.

Also, if you want to have previous association with someone else's character, feel free to pitch that as well. I'm prepared to tie you all together on my own, but it's not necessary.

Kyban
08-28-2013, 10:11 AM
I'd love to give it a shot, what materials would one need to participate?

ElectricPaladin
08-28-2013, 10:14 AM
I'd love to give it a shot, what materials would one need to participate?

Ooh... ok. Like I said, I don't want too many more players. Let's see what happens?

The system is super simple. Start by downloading FATE core. You can Google it. I'm at work and can't.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-28-2013, 10:18 AM
So, here are my thoughts:

At start, you are all the passengers on a tramp freighter called the St. DeGrasse Tyson, en route to one of the planets on the borders of the Equinox Stars. The Equinox Stars are a stellar cluster known for its rugged independence - although technically still part of the Imperium of Man, they view themselves as bold explorers and individualists who have rested their worlds from xenos by the sweat of their brow and the blood of their ancestors, and they tend to resent efforts by Holy Terra to exert too much control. They resent even more - sometimes to the point of violence - any efforts by their neighbors to infringe on what they view as "theirs." There are no Chapters of Astartes permanently operating in the area, though there are probably the usual random scattering of Forge Worlds and other "special" planets. Feel free to make one up if you want to be a local.

You aren't on a mission yet; you just happen to be in the same place at the same time. The events of the first plot will - hopefully, if I do this right - weld you together into a coherent group. The following stories, up until the dramatic climax (whenever that happens...) will take place over many (potentially many) years, kind of like the Caiphas Cain novels.

Now, regarding characters, there are a few things I'd like to see. View this as an inspiration, not a demand:
• Some chicks. I don't know how many of you are comfortable playing female characters, but if one of you chose to be a girl-type person that would be great. The human population of 40k is still roughly 51% female, after all (maybe less - do Tech-Priests still count as female if they were originally XX humans? :p).
• An Astartes would be an interesting challenge. I kind of want one represented in the game, but figuring out how to have one wandering around independently is rough. If you have a brilliant idea, it would be awesome to include such a person.
• A xenos of some kind. Remember - not all the Imperium is quite as zealously xenophobic as, say, the Space Marines, and this game will probably be set in the border realms, where even the faithful play fast and loose with the Imperial Creed. Not all xenos are maniacs. One of the more comprehensible xenos species, like a Tau a long way from home or an Eldar or even an unusually intelligent and erudite Ork, would be kind of neat.

Go to town!

Additionally, if anyone with a character wants to add more concept, that's cool.

Also, if you want to have previous association with someone else's character, feel free to pitch that as well. I'm prepared to tie you all together on my own, but it's not necessary.

I can be any of those 3 character concepts. I would even be a female Eldar or maybe a Kroot. I've been playing an Astartes for 3 years, but I can continue to play one if needs be.

Though the Eldar is the most tempting option right now.

Kyban
08-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Ooh... ok. Like I said, I don't want too many more players. Let's see what happens?

The system is super simple. Start by downloading FATE core. You can Google it. I'm at work and can't.

No problem, just let me know if there's room!

ElectricPaladin
08-28-2013, 10:21 AM
I can be any of those 3 character concepts. I would even be a female Eldar or maybe a Kroot. I've been playing an Astartes for 3 years, but I can continue to play one if needs be.

Though the Eldar is the most tempting option right now.

But, man, I'm totally loving on your Inquisitor!

UrielVentris
08-28-2013, 10:59 AM
I'd be interested in this, as no one around my area plays and of the DH games.

I've played DH before, but not RT. Is it possible to play an Eldar ranger?

AirHorse
08-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Is there a particular reason we arent using the actual 40k rulesets and using fate instead? I had assumed this was a DH/RT/DW/BC game!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-28-2013, 11:15 AM
But, man, I'm totally loving on your Inquisitor!

Okie dokie. :p

ElectricPaladin
08-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Is there a particular reason we arent using the actual 40k rulesets and using fate instead? I had assumed this was a DH/RT/DW/BC game!

Honestly? Because...
1) I only own Rogue Trader, but don't really feel like running a "Rogue Trader" game.
2) The books are so expensive that I'm not going to buy the rest of them :( in order to run a more varied game.
3) The DH/RT/DW/BC ruleset is crunchy and combat-oriented. This is totally cool... except that this is not going to be crunchy and combat-oriented game. Trust me, if you think social/investigation plots are slow in play-by-post, then you will not believe how slow combat will go. There will be (blood) combat, but it will not be the focus of the game. So, I want to go with a system that is as light and "one roll" as possible.

If this is a deal-breaker for anyone currently playing, feel free to back out. I'm confident that reading the thread of the game will be so awesome that it will blow you away and convince you to join the next game!

Wildeybeast
08-28-2013, 12:29 PM
My character could easily be changed to female without any changes to background so happy to play as such.

ElectricPaladin
08-28-2013, 12:33 PM
My character could easily be changed to female without any changes to background so happy to play as such.

Your call. As long as we can keep it tasteful, I'd be particularly entertained by a dispossessed noblewoman going around gambling and being irresponsible and seducing the sons and daughters of planetary governors. It would be a nice change of pace, and 40k is the future, after all.

AirHorse
08-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Its not a deal breaker dont worry, I just wanted to see if there was a particular reason, those are pretty reasonable reasons!

Wildeybeast
08-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Your call. As long as we can keep it tasteful, I'd be particularly entertained by a dispossessed noblewoman going around gambling and being irresponsible and seducing the sons and daughters of planetary governors. It would be a nice change of pace, and 40k is the future, after all.

Hey, I'd always assumed that other people would think guys playing girls characters is weird, but I'm cool with it. Noblewoman she is. I will need to think of a new first name though.

ElectricPaladin
08-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Here is the way this system is going to work. It's a FATE hack, largely lifted from John Wick's excellent Houses of the Blooded RPG, with a few alterations of my own.

Characters

Firstly, every character has five Virtues. The Virtues are: Strength, Compassion, Cunning, Beauty, Integrity, and Wisdom. You will note that I have listed six Virtues. You can only have five of them; one is your Fatal Flaw. You have a rating of zero in this Virtue and can never have any dice. You will need to rely on other sources whenever you need to create a dice pool in that area of life.

Every Virtue is associated with one of the things you can be in this game. Strength is associated with Astartes and Orks. Compassion is associated with Humans and Tau. Cunning is associated with the Mechanicus. Beauty is associated with the Eldar. Integrity is associated with Psykers. Wisdom is associated with the Inquisition. If you belong to that group, you can not have that Virtue as your Fatal Flaw. It's possible to belong to more than one group. You can be an Astartes Psyker, for example. In that case, you are simply more limited; there are two Virtues you can't chose as your Fatal Flaw. You also get a bonus point in that Virtue for being a part of that group. If you belong to multiple groups, you only get one bonus point, but you can choose which of your Group Virtues you get.

Virtues have the following functions:
• Strength: Killing things, performing feats of physical prowess.
• Compassion: Connecting to your fellows, understanding them, empathy.
• Cunning: Gathering information, deceiving people with your sneakiness.
• Beauty: Manipulating people with your charisma, creating art, communicating
• Integrity: Holding your ground against temptation and the horrors of the Warp
• Wisdom: Knowing things

You also have two Aspects. An Aspect is a descriptive phrase that tells the world something about your character. Aspects should be descriptive and tasty. You want to pick things like "For the Emperor and Sanguinus!" or "Big guns never tire." Honestly, a lot of the shorter quotes in 40k books could be Aspects.

You also have a Name, a Family (for Astartes, this is probably his Chapter; for Eldar, it might be his noble family, or it might be a reference to her Craftworld, and a Concept, which are also Aspects.

The way you use Aspects is this: you spend a FATE point (more on those later) and get either +2 bonus dice or a reroll. This is called Invoking the Aspect. You can also do this to someone else's Aspect to give yourself the same benefit. This is called Tagging an Aspect.

The trouble with Aspects is that anyone else - including the GM - can bribe you with FATE points to do something in character, but bad for you. For example, if you have the Aspect "Honored son of Dorn," and some Space Wolf is trash-talking on Dorn and what a wuss he was compared to Russ, I can offer you a FATE point to get up in his face about it. If you refuse, you have to pay me off with a FATE point.

Aspects are also given to you by Maneuvers. Basically, anyone can make a roll to put an Aspect on you (or anything else, including an object, or the scene). They can then do all that stuff we just described with this new Aspect. So, for example, if I make a roll to hit you with a flamer (and take a penalty for the complexity of putting an Aspect on you instead of just hurting you) I can put the "on fire" Aspect on you. Then I can, say, tag that aspect to make you either bleed a FATE point or lose your action putting the fire out. Normally, Aspects someone puts on you fall off after one use, but there are ways to make them "stickier." Additionally, injuries and other negative conditions? They're also Aspects.

You start each chapter with three FATE points. You will get FATE points back when bad things happen to you. You will spend them for bonus dice. You store extra FATE points in awesome and stylish gear - a tattered red cloak for a Magus, an awesome hat for a foppish young Imperial lord, a purity seal for an Astartes.

Finally, you will get some Skills - which add to dice pools . You'll get some Stunts, attached to your Skills, which are special talents. Psychic powers will work this way.

And then there's how your character will advance:

After a chapter
• Tweak Aspect
• Move one skill point
• Recover one condition one rank
• FATE refreshes.

After a story
• Tweak Aspect
• Move one skill point
• FATE refreshes
• +1 Skill Point
• Recover all conditions one rank

After a novel
• Tweak Aspect
• Move one skill point
• FATE refreshes
• +1 Skill Point
• Recover all conditions
• +1 Aspect OR +1 Virtue

System

The way it works is this:

1. Normally, we're going to keep the mechanical stuff to a minimum. Lots of narrating, playing out lines of conversation post by post, stuff like that.
2. When I ask for a roll - or you ask for a roll - you assemble your dice pool. You add up the appropriate Virtue (or none, if it's your Fatal Flaw) with your Skills, any bonuses from Stunts or special gear, and decide if you're going to spend FATE points to get bonuses from Aspects. This gives you a number of dice.
3. Then, you decide if you are going to make a wager. This means reducing your dice pool by groups of two dice at a time. For every two dice you remove, the reward if you succeed goes up by one.
4. Roll the dice.
5. Every 5 or 6 is a success. If you get less than 3, you fail. I - or whoever you're dealing with - gets to narrate what happens. If you get 3 or more - it doesn't matter how many - you succeed to a degree based on how many dice you wagered.

Now, here's how wagering works.

In general, when you succeed at a roll, you either get to answer a yes or no question, or you get the answer to a yes or no question, depending on how important it is to the plot. This means that I have a lot of freedom to let you do the narrative work for me.

For every point of wager, you get to add one more fact.

For example

You walk into your chambers. You ask me: "is there anyone lurking within."

I say: "I dunno, roll your Cunning" (Cunning is the Virtue of gathering information from your environment).

You roll, and succeed, with three points of wager. I reply with "I don't have any particular ides, so go for it" (in order to streamline the process, I will probably package this information with another post I make earlier in the process).

You say: "someone is in the room, it's a woman, she is tainted by Chaos, and she steps forward saying 'I have a message for you, Magos.'"

I say "damn… I'd better get to creating some plot here!"

Some of the dice rolling will be handled in PMs, but in general, it's open. This is one of those games where I want you to metagame in order to produce better plot!

I will compile this - and all the details I left out - into a document and post it later.

Any questions?

Also, feel free to start dreaming up those Aspects!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Seems pretty simple to me.
Virtues: Strength, Compassion (I wanted this to be my flaw), Cunning, Integrity, and Wisdom.
Flaw: Beauty

Aspects:
Personal: "Through faith; suspicion."
Bonuses to resist Charm tests made by NPCs
Name: "By the Ordo Malleus, I condemn you."
Bonuses to damaging Daemonic/Chaotic NPCs

Did I do that right?

ElectricPaladin
08-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Seems pretty simple to me.
Virtues: Strength, Compassion (I wanted this to be my flaw), Cunning, Integrity, and Wisdom.
Flaw: Beauty

Aspects:
Personal: "Through faith; suspicion."
Bonuses to resist Charm tests made by NPCs
Name: "By the Ordo Malleus, I condemn you."
Bonuses to damaging Daemonic/Chaotic NPCs

Did I do that right?

Basically... yes.

First of all, I would allow you to have Compassion as your flaw. I wasn't perfectly clear - you can drop a "species" Virtue from your groups. The "Human" and "Ork" and "Eldar" groups are only mandatory for "everyman" Human, Ork, and Eldar characters. If your character is really strongly something else (ie. a Fire Warrior, an Ethereal, a Weirdboy, whatever), then you can drop the species affiliation.

Also, your name should include an actual name, and an explanation for why that name grants that bonus (ie. you are named after a famous hero, you were named by someone who had certain intentions for your life, etc.)

ElectricPaladin
08-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Here is a revised Virtue description:

All Virtues have a group association:

Strength – Aspect-Warriors, Astartes, Fire-Caste, and Orks
Compassion – Ethereal-Caste, Humans and Tau
Cunning – Air Caste, Mechanicus
Beauty – Eldar, Water-Caste
Integrity – Psykers
Wisdom – Earth-Caste, Inquisition

Groups in italics are "weak" associations. They represent "everyman" characters. If your character is really strongly defined by another part of his concept (ie. more defined by being, say, an Inquisitor than being Human), then you can drop it.

This means that you are the kind of person who has given him/herself over completely to a cause and abandoned the principles of your species. Think about how ordinary humans react to Astartes or Inquisitors who give up on Compassion or how Eldar society reacts to an aspect warrior who is so dedicated to violence that he gives up on beauty. You are probably a jerk or (at least a little bit) crazy.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-28-2013, 02:54 PM
In which case, Compassion will be my flaw. :D

So...
"By the House of Kane I denounce you!"
Kane is the surname of a very famous Rogue Trader family in the Exquinox Sector, known for their cut throat methods and demand for tribute.
Due to this, the Family is extremely wealthy, able to pay any warrior or diplomat to side with them.
To earn the wrath of House Kane is almost certainly a death sentence.

Silas is definitely not sound of mind. :p

ElectricPaladin
08-28-2013, 02:58 PM
In which case, Compassion will be my flaw. :D

So...
"By the House of Kane I denounce you!"
Kane is the surname of a very famous Rogue Trader family in the Exquinox Sector, known for their cut throat methods and demand for tribute.
Due to this, the Family is extremely wealthy, able to pay any warrior or diplomat to side with them.
To earn the wrath of House Kane is almost certainly a death sentence.

Silas is definitely not sound of mind. :p

Yes, yes, YES! EXACTLY!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Boom. :p

jgebi
08-28-2013, 03:58 PM
well I have two ideas for mine.

I was a night lord I served under the primarch Konrad Curze, after his death our chapter split like our home world into a million pieces. My Brothers and I left and tried to fulfill his last request, but the years of condemned me as I am the last left of our brother hood of a hundred marines under my command and I am now left with out a ship, a crew, my weapons or armor. I am hated and hunted of my own chapter so I hunt them in turn and try to find allies where I can to help me teach the imperial how dangerous the dark is and why they should fear what lives there. Before the chapters split I was a 2nd company commander
of The Wings in the Night chapter, I was specialized in tactile combat and my battle brothers would joke that I was as good a tatican as Rogal Dorn.

Virtues: Strength, Cunning, Wisdom, lived a thousand lives (bonus with all sagly advice, knows most/all types of xenos and there weapons and their standard tactics ), Scavenger (I get extra gear when Scavenging),
Flaws: Lack of compasion, lone wolf (might go off on his own), lost in the past (sometimes I will forget where I am), own objectives (I have my own objectives and goals)

Think thats how you want it.

Secound.

I'm an Ex-guard Vet of the Strong arm 1st company 2nd Battalion , I shot our commissar in the middle of base camp after he shot our company commander for keeping his men alive or atlest thats what the story says, I was sent to a penal world and given a chance to serve the emperor once more so I took it. We were on some hell hole forge world where the orks had dug in and dug in hard after 30 days of bombardment they couldn't be moved so we got sent in with the promise of if you survive you get set free. So we were given out stims and told to charge and by the emperor did we charge when your the fraking high on combat stims that all you see is red we felt like gods as we hit there ranks we smashed them through and jumped into there trench networks giving chase with flamers up the front burning their fraking ***** as we went. Then out of no where 12 Astartes in midnight clad with lighting strikes on their armor came from the drop pods about 10 meters away from us and started to take there man hole with in the hours the orks broke and fell back and some how these gods in midnight clad were gone again once we were caught up with the 10,000 of us that were left from the 1 mill that had rushed were all set free and offered a chance to re-join our former armies or leave and go to a fronter world which is what I have chosen...

Virtues: Cunning, compasion, Gifted with a las-weapon (gets extra shots in combat), Marksmen ( re-roll miss shots and higher crit chance)
Flaws: Stimm addicted, broken trust (doesn't trust easily), Lost his love (broken heart so will fall for the damsel in distressed stuff), despises the commissariat

take your pick

ElectricPaladin
08-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Ok, guys, so I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but somehow - despite having a ridiculous ******* job - I managed to write something like 4/5ths of a first draft of a roleplaying game. I'm going to go ahead and share it with you here (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5UEBlRXA6BSeU45N0YtVEFRZWs/edit?usp=sharing). It's still a work in progress, so feel free to post with any comments or concerns you might have.

As you can see, I still need to finish up the Skills and Stunts, and I have to write the Psyker system. Spoiler: it's basically just a bunch of Skills that always get used with the Integrity Virtue, and if you fail a roll, bad things happen to you proportionate with how big your wager was.

ElectricPaladin
08-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Probably the second is a better fit. I still think it's possible for an Astartes to fit, but a renegade Night Lord would be a lot harder to keep engaged with the plot, cool as it is.

Aenir
08-29-2013, 02:56 AM
Is this still open? I just came across it. My idea would be a Dark Angel Apothecary (perhaps of the deathwing) seperated from the chapter and having my sus-an membrane going putting me into a deep sleep until the other guys find me at which point i join them until i can rejoin my battle brothers.

AirHorse
08-29-2013, 04:35 AM
Apologies for not getting you my character last night, had a busier night at home than at work!

I will get the full version finished during the day(if work is anything like yesterday I should have time!), but here is the basic version:

Cillan Villein - Born to a farming family on an quiet agri-world, he was pressed into service in the imperial guard as part of the imperial tithe and ended up fighting a long drawn out war against Orks on his homeworld. He watched his world burn and eventually the imperium pulled out of his home system, abandoning it rather than waste resources taking it back.

His regiment was disbanded following this due to the high number of casualties and due to the state of morale amongst the soliders of the regiment they were simply retired from service. Handed a measly payout and gifted the tools he used as a guardsmen Cillan stayed out in the Equinox Stars, after the imperial fleet left the region to move onto more important sectors, and now seeks a new life. He is currently traveling to a border world in the region to see what path his life will take next.

Despite all he has been through Cillan has an unshakable faith in the emperor, he has witnessed certain events which have removed all doubt from his mind, and strives to help his fellow humans where he can. Material wealth and possession's are of no real interest to him beyond being tools to accomplish more meaningful things. Despite his faith, Cillan is open minded, he is no xenophobe(though he has no love for the Orks he still holds no grudge against them as a race, though perhaps deep down he does against the clan that took his world) and his view of wealth and possession's extends to methods as well, he would not oppose methods others might question, but only if he views it as an acceptable offset to the outcome he is trying to achieve.

I will do the virtues etc properly over the day, but that should give you basic version of my character! Seem okay?

Wildeybeast
08-29-2013, 05:56 AM
So:

Lady (former) Aventina Gloria Artemis Serendipita Locke IV (though frequently uses variations and contractions of this, along with a great many aliases.
Virtues: Stength, Compassion, Cunning, Beauty, Wisdom
Fatal Flaw: Integrity

Family motto (aspect): Safe as a Locke - For millennia House Locke were guardians of the Helios Sector, renowned as loyal servants of the Emperor, respected, admired and feared by those they protected. Thanks to their downfall, amongst the noble classes this phrase is now a byword for the fragility of power in the Imperium and used to mock those who think in their arrogance think themselves untouchable. Amongst the lower classes the name of House Locke still carries connotations of reliability and trustworthiness, as for all they exploited their power amongst the rich, they were always careful to maintain the love of the people.

Unofficial family motto (aspect): Money is the key to every Locke - This phrase has been used by and against the family Locke, signifying both their (former) immense wealth and the connections and power it brings, along with the weaknesses many family members have had for money over the generations.

Personal motto (aspect): Only the Emperor shall judge me - Does what it says on the tin. Aventina feels that only the Emperor himself is fit to stand above her and will bow to no authority save his. Since he hasn't sent her any personal commands (yet...) she will damn well do what she pleases.

How does that sound?

AirHorse
08-29-2013, 06:12 AM
I think my simple farmer thrust into the wider world is going to get on well with your money grubbing aristocrat LOL! :D

ElectricPaladin
08-29-2013, 07:06 AM
You guys are brilliant.

Aenir - at the moment, I'm keeping it to the first six players, because this is my first game. However, if players drop out, or I decide to make it larger, I'll open it up again.

Wolfshade
08-29-2013, 07:09 AM
Just had the ok from EP so if it isn't ok blame him ;)

Chunk Mournfang - abhuman
Served in the Imperial Guard in the Orgyns before being discharged after a slight misconduct, allegedly eating an NCO. Chunk's impressive size and strength has not left him without employement as a bodyguard/heavy for various underhive gangs. He is loyal to those who he thinks of as friends, which has left him being caught red handed for various crimes as he waits for the boss to "come back". Slow witted and lacking an finesse yet able to jury rig things together that work despite to the abject horror of any tech priest.

Virtues:
Strength - Genemutation has left him as huge
Compassion - Loyal to his friends
Beauty - Engenders an almost child like feeling amongst others
Integrity - Too thick to be decietful
Wisdom - Intuition or dumbluck Chunk knows what makes it work

Flaw:
Cunning - A subtle as a brick

Aspect:
"Hit it with a hammer, hit it with a bigger hammer"
"Bigger is better"

Aenir
08-29-2013, 07:15 AM
You guys are brilliant.

Aenir - at the moment, I'm keeping it to the first six players, because this is my first game. However, if players drop out, or I decide to make it larger, I'll open it up again.

Cool! Let me know if/when it happens! :D

jgebi
08-29-2013, 02:36 PM
well I'm going with my night lord :P

ElectricPaladin
08-30-2013, 09:37 AM
well I'm going with my night lord :P

Well... that's your prerogative, I guess. I'll do as much as I can to make it fun for you, but I take no responsibility for you falling off the plot or getting killed. I guess this is the grim dark future, and all...

Wildeybeast
08-30-2013, 09:54 AM
Would TDA's character not automatically try to kill him on sight?

ElectricPaladin
08-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Would TDA's character not automatically try to kill him on sight?

We'll work it out. Remember that he's a renegade Night Lord. Presumably he's got some kind of disguise going on.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Heresy! *blam*

jgebi
08-30-2013, 03:37 PM
well I am the hunted hunter (dem deer got guns now) my own brothers hate me. So I am just trying to hurt them now as revenge

Aegwymourn
08-30-2013, 05:13 PM
If you guys are ever looking for another player let me know. Just noticed this and tickle me interested.

Wildeybeast
09-04-2013, 12:09 PM
What's happening?

ElectricPaladin
09-04-2013, 12:15 PM
What's happening?

I'm working on finishing up the game rules document. I'll have it done in another week at the latest.

Wildeybeast
09-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Cool. Sorry if that came across as ungratefully impatient, just really excited!

ElectricPaladin
09-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Cool. Sorry if that came across as ungratefully impatient, just really excited!

Nah, it's cool. I'm glad you're excited!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Heresy! This thread is full of heresy! *blam blam blam*

AirHorse
09-05-2013, 05:23 AM
Brilliant, that gives me a bit more time to elaborate on the background for my simple honest imperial farmer(with a lasgun). :D

jgebi
09-05-2013, 06:31 AM
I really should have been doing my back ground while I have had some down time XD oh well and I have had to stop my self from spamming this Wild so I know the feels

Wolfshade
10-10-2013, 05:29 AM
*Nudge*

ElectricPaladin
10-10-2013, 06:58 AM
*Nudge*

Ah! What?

Sorry guys. This will happen. Let me just get my head out from under this pile of lab reports.

Wolfshade
10-10-2013, 07:00 AM
No worries, I don't want to be *that* guy.

Aenir
10-17-2013, 02:51 AM
How goes this? Im still interested in reading as it goes!

Sitnam
11-25-2013, 09:05 AM
Is recruitment still available? I've never done an rpg before but id like to rry if possible

ElectricPaladin
11-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Is recruitment still available? I've never done an rpg before but id like to rry if possible

I'm full up at the moment, but if a place opens up, I'll post about it.

Aenir
02-20-2014, 12:46 AM
Just seeing if this ever got off the ground, i am still interested in playing it

ElectricPaladin
02-20-2014, 12:48 AM
So, the long story is that this is my first year at a new site, and my first year moving from one school to another, and I have learned - the hard way - that this is incredibly challenging. I had no idea that moving to a new site would be this hard.

I hope to get this off the ground eventually. I hope.

Aenir
02-20-2014, 12:52 AM
Completely understand, just keep us posted

AirHorse
02-20-2014, 06:27 AM
Yeah, definitely keep us posted! I'm certainly still interested!

Wildeybeast
02-20-2014, 11:17 AM
So, the long story is that this is my first year at a new site, and my first year moving from one school to another, and I have learned - the hard way - that this is incredibly challenging. I had no idea that moving to a new site would be this hard.

I hope to get this off the ground eventually. I hope.

Yep, one of the reasons I'm staying put for now.

Aenir
08-01-2014, 12:20 AM
Warning: Necropost ahead!

Hey Electric, how is it going, any news on life and stuffs?

jeannie
01-04-2017, 06:24 AM
No worries, I don't want to be *that* guy.
บาคาร่า (https://www.vegas-th.com/baccarat.html)