4. Normal

Heavy Support

Ac/Las Pred - 120
Ac/Las Pred - 120
Ac/Las Pred - 120

Thanks for the replies in advance :)

Chumbalaya
11-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Dropping the 2nd storm shields and lascannons nets you 135 points, almost enough for 2 MM/HF Speeders. They'll give you some extra oomph against tanks and infantry.

You could also drop one unit of TWC to run those Speeders solo and use 2 Iron Priests on Thunderwolves with cyberwolves as your backup cav unit.

All it really needs is a little extra armor busting.

Earthen
11-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Dropping the 2nd storm shields and lascannons nets you 135 points, almost enough for 2 MM/HF Speeders. They'll give you some extra oomph against tanks and infantry.

You could also drop one unit of TWC to run those Speeders solo and use 2 Iron Priests on Thunderwolves with cyberwolves as your backup cav unit.

All it really needs is a little extra armor busting.

Thanks for the reply again!

Ah yeah, solid point. Im not sure i want to downgrade from combi-preds to dakka preds, i feel that I'll be alot better off against a fast mech (my biggest worry right now) if i stay combi.
But you're right, definitely need an AV14 solution.

Trading 6 lascannon shots in for 2 melta shots make me a bit leery considering light armor spam scares me quite a bit. I think id prefer to trade 2 lascannon shots and 2 AC shots for 2 melta shots.

What do you think about trading 1 combi pred for 2 MM speeders? Pretty even trade in my book considering the maneuverability bonus. Wish there was a way to pick up an attack bike squadron though :(

After playing a few games, im definitely going to keep 2 stormshields per unit of 4 Twolves, its really helped avoid heavy losses.

List 2.1

Wolf Lord - 235
- thunder wolf, frost blade, storm shield, Saga of the Warrior born,

Rune Priest - 100
- Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane

Elite

Lone Wolf - 85
- terminator armor, chainfist, stormshield

Troops

10 Grey Hunters - 190
- 2 meltaguns, rhino

10 Grey Hunters - 190
- 2 meltaguns, rhino

5 Grey Hunters - 110
- rhino

Fast Attack
Thunderwolf Calvary - 290
1. Power Fist
2. Storm Shield
3. Storm Shield, melta bombs
4. Normal

Thunderwolf Calvary - 290
1. Power Fist
2. Storm Shield
3. Storm Shield, Melta Bombs
4. Normal

Landspeeder Squadron
2 MM speeders - 120

Heavy Support

Ac/Las Pred - 120
Ac/Las Pred - 120

Chumbalaya
11-20-2009, 03:45 PM
If light mech is a problem locally, I'd look into Rifleman Dreads. 2 TLACs for 5 points more than a combi-Pred. Instead of 2 AC and LC shots, you get 4 TLAC shots that can all fire on the move.

Earthen
11-20-2009, 05:04 PM
yeah, its definitely a fantastic dread build and i can actually field 2 right now. I really do like them alot.

In the case of the odd land raider or out-of-towners comming in for tournaments though, i might feel safer being able to engage armor 14 as well as light mech, and here i think the combi pred wins out.

Chumbalaya
11-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Don't hold your breath for lascannons to nail AV14 reliably, meltas do it better.

Earthen
11-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Don't hold your breath for lascannons to nail AV14 reliably, meltas do it better.

yeah, agreed.