PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Point Casual Play Lizardmen, Returning to Fantasy

Austin Becht
08-29-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm returning to Fantasy after a several year break playing 40K like there's no tomorrow. I'm new to Lizardmen, but I know relatively how they play. I had some professional help building this list, but I want more opinions. I haven't had any games yet, but here's my list. Note that this list is more for playing against people at my local store rather than tournaments.

Lords: 17.8%

Slann Mage-Priest: 445 points
-Becalming Cogitation
-Harmonic Convergence
-Focus of Mystery
-Channeling Staff
-Battle Standard Bearer
-Standard of Discipline

This guy is meant to act as the anchor to my army. Being my general and BSB along with being a level 4 caster, he's kinda my main man, I mean toad. The Standard of Discipline makes him Leadership 10. Leadership 10 with Cold Blooded? Count me in. The Becalming Cogitation helps me hamper my enemy magic, while Harmonic Convergence coupled with the Channeling Staff might give me some extra dice to help me dominate the magic phase. Plus, Loremaster of High Magic isn't bad, especially considering I will always have Hand of Glory to help buff my sluggish Saurus.

Heroes: 6.2%

Skink Priest: 90 points
-Dispel Scroll

Skink Priest: 65 points

These two are going to take the Lore of Beasts. ​These guys are meant to buff my Saurus units along with fill my requirement for a Skink Character to restrain my Saurus. They are also useful for allowing my Slann to gain threat range with his magic missile and direct damage spells. and, of course, one of these dudes acts as my Scroll caddy.

Core: 28.4%

50 Saurus Warriors: 570 points
-Musician and Standard
-Spears

My big block. This thing is just meant to be a blender when up against other enemy units, especially considering Predatory Fighter.

10 Skink Skirmishers: 70 points

10 Skink Skirmishers: 70 points

These units are meant to act as bunkers for my Skink Priests, and can use their shooting to whether down targets for the Saurus assaults. In desperate situations they can also be used as chaf.

Special: 26.9%

36 Temple Guard: 524
-Musician and Standard

This is my second block, also a good blender and a bunker for the Slann. While i don't really want my Slann in combat, considering my Skink Priests would hate it more, and the fact that I can send my damaging spells through them, it isn't really that bad.

Bastiladon: 150
-Solar Engine

This is meant to be a buffer for my Saurus as long as mobile "artillery" with its Beam of Chotec.

Rare: 20.7%

Ancient Stegadon: 300
-Sharpened Horns
-Engine of the Gods

This is also a Saurus buffer and also my counter to other monsters. The 6++ save it gives to units means that my Saurus basically have their parry save. The Sharpened Horns make this thing deadly on the charge against multi-wound models.

Troglodon: 215
-Divining Rod

My final buffer for my Saurus unit. The Primeval Roar turns my Saurus blenders into blenders on steroids, though only for one turn. Plus the Divining rod means that I have a better chance of getting a few extra dice to help me dominate the magic phase and hamper my opponent's magic phase. And its Spit Venom isn't a bad shooting attack. Plus, like my skink Priest, I can sent my damaging spells through him to gain threat range.

Total it comes to 2499. I have been thinking of possibly putting one of the Skink Priests to instead ride the Ancient Stegadon, allowing me to remove one of the Skink Skirmisher units, though I do not know what I would use the 70 points for.

Any and all comments welcome.

I also have this list posted on Librarium. (http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/lizardmen-army-lists/259841-2500-point-cassual-play-lizardmen.html#post2363273)

Allen Broussard
08-30-2013, 04:28 AM
if you pop your second skink priest into the ancient, your acctually getting 90 points back. taken as his mount, the ancient steggy is 20 points cheaper.

You could buy 2 razordons with 90 points........ They make excellent mid range fire support and are good at taking your opponents single model flying units.

Austin Becht
08-30-2013, 10:26 AM
I've got the book right in front of me now and the Ancient Stegadon is 230. With Engine of the Gods its 280 points, plus 20 for Sharpened Horns, for 300. The Skink Priest mount comes with the Engine for 280, plus 20 for Sharpened Horns, that makes it 300 plus the cost for the Priest. I could drop the horns, but the multiple wounds will make mincemeat of even a STank or Arachnarok. This saves me 70 points if I remove one of the Skink Skirmisher units, not 90. It would be 90 though if I dropped the horns.

As for Razordons, their 65 a piece, plus 4 points per extra Handler. If I do move the priest I could buy one, but not 2. That is an option and one worth considering, only notably I can't have 2 without finding the extra points somewhere else. Now If I could scratch another 10-15 points I could go with a Salamander instead.

Thanks though for the feedback, and I might consider the Razordon, or even a Salamander.

Allen Broussard
08-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Yeah sorry, didnt have the book in front of me so had forgotten a few of the point values.

I was thinking razordons were 45pts a piece for some reason.

mabye im thinking of swarm bases.

Also thought the stege was cheaper with skink because for one, he displaces one of the crew, and 2 its taking up hero points instead of rare points. If its not i apologize.

Austin Becht
08-30-2013, 11:27 AM
I get ya.

I could buy two swarms for 70 pts in fact, as their 35 a piece. A little hard to keep alive though, especially as I wouldn't take the Fail-ark of Sotek.

Yeah no, not cheaper by any means. there going a lot of that with the new books. No need to apologize though.