PDA

View Full Version : 2k High elves club tournament

TooMuchDakka
09-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Hay everyone, thanks for looking!

I'm due to start a knockout tournament at my club this saturday. There's a wide mix of armies, the only duplicate would be 2 Orc players. I'm playing high elves, using my wood elf models which everyone is cool with. I've had a couple test games and steamrolled a lizardmen saurus horde w/skink & stegadon list, but got wiped by a WoC monster list. So I'm having doubts about my build, I'm looking for ideas to make this more TAC

lvl 4 archmage, talisman of preservation, dispel scroll, lore of high magic

Noble on eagle, dragon armour, lance, enchanted shield, reaver bow, potion of strength, BSB

15 archers, musician
15 archers, musician
5 reavers, musician, bows and spears
5 reavers, musician, bows and spears

30 phoenix guard, full command, banner of the world dragon (mage goes here)
5 dragon princes, no command

frostheart phoenix
bolt thrower

My general plan is similar to how I would play wood elves (which I'm sure is obvious in the list) where the PG pin down the nastiest stuff and grind it with my phoenix. I've had great success with the reavers doing rear charges and generally cleaning up chaff left right and centre. I'm not too happy with the archers and maybe the dragon princes, archers tent to do nothing against high toughness or anything with a decent armour save, and the DPs I think I try and use them more as fast calvary. That's all I could fit into 2k and I would love to squeeze in more, like Dp command or another bolt thrower.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

TooMuchDakka
09-06-2013, 02:27 PM
I've had a good rethink and come up with the following list, should be a tad more competitive:

1 Archmage, Book of Hoeth, Talisman of Preservation, High magic, General

5 Ellyrian Reavers, bows & spears, Musician

5 Ellyrian Reavers, bows & spears, Musician

12 Silver Helms, full command, shields

33 Phoenix Guard, full command, Banner of the World Dragon

18 White Lions of Chrace, full command, Standard of Discipline

1 Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

1 Frostheart Phoenix

2k on the dot. Any comments are welcome!