PDA

View Full Version : 2.5k Demons of Chaos *help wanted*

White Tiger88
09-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Well i am really rusty but here is my first attempt at a fantasy army list any suggestions would be great guys!

Lord 500
=====
Bloodthirster 500
Greater Gift x2

Hero 600
=====
Herald of Slaanesh 200
lvl 1,Lesser Gift,Greater Locus of Swiftness

Herald of Slaanesh 200

Herald of Slaanesh 200

Core 750
=====
20 Demonettes 250
Bloodreaper, Musician,Standard

20 Demonettes 250

20 Demonettes 250

Special
========

Rare 610
=====
Soul Grinder 310
Demon of Slaanesh,Baleful Torrent

Soul Grinder 300
Demon of Nurgle,Pleghm bombardment

40pts left!

Delfin07
10-04-2013, 10:29 PM
I think one thing your army is missing are two things. One you really don't have an anvil unit, aka the tar pit unit. units of plague bearers with a herald that gives them regen, or beasts of nurgle do this very well. I recommend beasts pearly because they can take a hit, but also can dish it back. Another thing i see is no real hard hitting unit. your daemonette units yes can give some pain, but in reality, they wont do much against things with armor. and yes, you can say that the soul grinders can deal with armor, but most armies now a days have things to deal with monstrous creatures, and the soul grinder might just become cannon food. i think that the soul grinder is an over priced monster for what it is.
One thing i can think of to help with some hitting power are blood crushers with a herald. if you give the herald a juggernaut, he becomes a herald with 3 wounds! also, if you give him the frenzy locus, it affects all daemons in the unit, and even the mounts as the models count as Khorne! so if you take 5 juggernauts, full command with a herald on juggernaut, the frenzy locus, and the Always Strikes First Sword out of the rule book, he becomes anyone's nightmare! that unit alone, on the charge, will have 16 strength 6 attacks (herald always strikes first :) ), 8 strength 5 attacks, and stomps against infantry. now the one thing to remember is its a glass cannon unit, so use it wisely.
I hope i gave you some advice here, and good luck finding what you like :)

okeyigiveup
10-04-2013, 11:50 PM
...I'm not sure, but it seems to me only the cost of the Bloodthirster is correct...
...and how come Bloodreapers can join Demonettes...

For the army concept, I would suggest to stick with two gods only due to the Reign of Chaos, and mono god would be even better.
Unless you really want to run a list with three monsters, you may change one soul grinder to two hell cannons to raise the flexibility.
And if you really want the blocks to be your main force, better give them magic banners to boost a little bit more since they don't have good T & Ld.
Also since your blocks aren't fast units + you don't have lv.4 wizard(s), you should be prepared to be totally outmatched in magic phases by your opponent.