PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone still play Dust Warfare?

BitterGrunt92
09-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Like the title says, do people still play this game or has the game died off? Also, Is there any groups in the El Paso, TX area that play Dust Warfare? I have over 300 points of Allies and around 200 points of Axis and I don't want all that cash I dished to be a waste. (Even though I got them cheap and I still love having them for the sake of how much I love these models. Even still, I bought so I could play the game.)

If the game is still alive, what is new?

Thanks in advance.

Dierig
09-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Our group in 29 palms Ca. Play weekly we are actually dropping games workshop cause thier price being out rages. Poeple need to play dust cause how cheap it is and the models look great

Lightcavalier
09-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Having been demoing Dust Tactics and Warfare here in Atlantic Canada for about a year now. People have much preferred Warfare, and my community is growing steadily.

BitterGrunt92
09-04-2013, 09:32 PM
My store back in Miami, FL had a group that was playing Dust Warfare and was growing. When I got back after 14 weeks, I found they focused more on Warmachine(Not a bad game at all. I wanted to play it). From what people told me, Warfare is dead there.

The Green Git
09-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Still got a core of players in Atlanta area, and it's drawing enough for events and tournaments here and there. Knowing you had some players there you could probably bring your stuff in and demo it to get some interest piqued. That's the nature of the Wargame beast anyway, games ebb and flow. Was playing a bit of Flames of War but now and getting more interested in Dust Warfare again.

Cannor
09-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Dust Warfare is very much still alive. I'm working on getting a group started in London, UK, and ran a table at a convention not so long ago which got a very positive response. I plan to run more demos in the UK in the future.

On the online side, the DDI lists posts and fronts (http://dust-devils.com/welcome-to-the-dust-world-coalition-code-name-dust-devils/fronts-posts) all over the world run by players, and the NA Championships just took place at GenCon. Additionally, sites like Dust War (http://www.dust-war.com/) and Unit Forward (http://www.unitforward.com/) (my site) regularly post articles and news, there's a Google+ community (https://plus.google.com/communities/100078086235161041258), and Facebook groups, too.

Oh, and there's also the new stuff for Operation Babylon (http://dust-devils.com/ddi-gen-con-coverage/gen-con-2013-gallery) (the next wave after Achilles) which will shift focus to the desert, and the Japanese should start appearing in the next 9 months or so. Things are happening in the world of Dust. :)

Frantic
10-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Hey Bitter, you must be talking about Sunshine!
Our group that played there stopped playing at the store for a while since there was never any table space on Thursdays but most of us are still playing. Now that he's got more space in the store you should see more people playing Dust these days. In fact, a few of us are going to play there tomorrow. (I'll be there after 6pm).

Maelstorm
11-25-2013, 12:16 PM
There is a growing, dedicated group here in Utah for Dust Warfare.

The big bonus: You can collect 1 of every infantry model kit in your DUST army for less than the price of 2 boxes of GW Space Marine Centurians. And they come built and primed out of the box!

Bigred
11-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Very cool Maelstrom.

We would love to see you guys show off your armies, tactics and more on here. DUST really is a well designed game and more people need to be exposed to it.

-Larry

Lightcavalier
12-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Hey,

Once we are through the transition (read early next year). I (and some others) would gladly arrange to provide some Dust related content for you guys.

Sadly with the BF forum, and a few other forums and such a small but growing community, I dont think that much will come out of the BOLS Dust Subforum for some time.

But I will endeavour to get some content out there for you!

OldHat
12-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Plenty of folks still play and the community will only grow now that it has an official website and forum. The latest Campaign Book is in Open Beta on their forums, while fan-run sites are still going pretty strong. Dust-War and UnitForward are and Dust Chronicles just changed hands and will be out with something new in the near future too.

Battlefront just unveiled Faction Decks, too. That is promising, as it helps cement their support of Warfare as its own game. While the new Tactics starter boxes are for Warfare, they are still a reasonably good deal, too.

And I hope to have an article up here on BoLS soon on getting into Dust Warfare, with some future articles in the works. I am hoping against hope to get time to do up a battle report. I think those can help show why Warfare is such a solid game.

Himé Gonzalez
05-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Like the title says, do people still play this game or has the game died off? Also, Is there any groups in the El Paso, TX area that play Dust Warfare? I have over 300 points of Allies and around 200 points of Axis and I don't want all that cash I dished to be a waste. (Even though I got them cheap and I still love having them for the sake of how much I love these models. Even still, I bought so I could play the game.)

If the game is still alive, what is new?

Thanks in advance.

I dunno how to reply here bahahahaha! But I saw ur post even though its old. Im from el paso and im trying to learn dust tactics and warfare but dont know anyone who plays. I have ssu and axis email me if ur still in el paso @ [email protected]

Himé Gonzalez
05-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Im in el paso if your still trying to play or if you found someone to play shoot me a email at [email protected]. lolz thats if you're still in el paso I know this is an old post but I just started collecting ssu and axis and need ppl who would like to play. Either way email me if ur still interested

Guidebot
11-21-2014, 10:56 PM
We're playing Dust in the UK some =)