PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolves Omnibus

Bigred
08-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi guys, here is the general Space Wolves Rumors Thread.

We'll start with this partial rundown from Warseer's The Dude and go from there.

GENERAL INFO
-To be released October 2009
-Codex written by Phil Kelly
-Space Wolves will supposedly be “even less Codex Astartes” than they were before. This would cover unusual squad sizes etc.

RULES
Army-wide Special Rules
Sagas – Characters can take special skills called Sagas. They are said to work similar to the Vampiric Powers used by Vampire Counts. 75hastings69 gave the example that a character with “Saga of the monster killer” (made up name) may be better at killing Monstrous Creatures, but would suffer a drawbacks such as needing to kill a certain number of them per game.

Wolf Claws – The Space Wolf version of Lightning Claws, allow you to choose to either re-roll “to hit” or “to wound”.

Special Characters
-Logan Grimnar: No news yet
-Ragnar Blackmane: No news yet
-Njal Stormcaller: No news yet, but would share the Rune Priest standard rules.
-Ulrik the Slayer: No news yet, but would share the Wolf Priest standard rules.
-Canis Wolfborn: Mounted on a large cybernetically enhanced Fenrisian wolf. Wears Power Armour and has a pair of Wolf Claws. Canis also allows you to take two cavalry choices, either wolves, or more Marines on wolves.
-Bjorn the Fellhanded: Early rumours reported Bjorn would have AV14 all around, but these have been thrown into disrepute recently.

Special Characters will likely have prescribed (maybe unique) Sagas attached to them.

HQ-Wolf Lords: May take up to two Sagas. They will have a wide variety of weapon options. May possibly be able to make one unit of Wolf Guard a Troops choice.
-Wolf Priests: Combines the skills of Codex Marines’ Chaplain and Apothacary. Armed with Power weapon, Iron Wolf Amulet (4+ Inv) and Healing Balms and Potions as standard. Will allow units to re-roll “to hit” and also confer Fearless and Feel no Pain on any unit they join. May take up to one saga.
-Rune Priests: Armed with Force Weapon and able to take Space Wolf Specific psychic powers. May take up to one Saga.
-Iron Priests: Will most likely be brought in line with Codex Techmarines. May take up to one Saga. It is unclear if they will be HQ or Elite.

ELITES
-Wolf Guard/Terminators: May take a Wolf Guard Battle Leader who will be able to take up to one Saga.
-Wolf Scouts: Will supposedly remain the same and gain the option be mounted in a Land Speeder Storm
-Lone Wolf: A one-man unit that will be “really strong” and act similar to Tyranid Lictors
-Wulfen: Possibly a "Legion of the Damned" style Unique choice, or maybe something based on HQ selection. It is unclear if they will appear at all.

TROOPS
-Blood Claws: Have supposedly been re-worked in respect to "Berserk Charge" to make them 5th Edition compatible. May take a Wolf Guard as a squad leader.
-Grey Hunters: Rumoured to be able to take a second special weapon in their squads. May take a Wolf Guard as a squad leader.

TRANSPORTS
-Rhino: No news yet
-Razorback: No news yet

FAST ATTACK
-Blood Claws Skyriders: Blood Claws with Jump Packs.
-Land Speeder: No news yet
-Land Speeder Storm: Likely Added
-Bikes/Attack Bikes: No news yet

HEAVY SUPPORT
-Long Fangs: May possibly receive some sort of special rule allowing them to move and fire, but not assault. May take a Wolf Guard as a squad leader.
-Land Raider: Crusader and Redeemer most likely added. Also rumours of a unique Land Raider variant, possibly with three twin-linked Assault Cannon.
-Predator: No news yet
-Whirlwind: No news yet
-Vindicator: No news yet
-Leman Russ Exterminator: Almost certainly removed

Magos
08-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Well, while this is all seeming awsome, I do hope their are some drawbacks for the wolves.

StrikerFox
08-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Well, while this is all seeming awsome, I do hope their are some drawbacks for the wolves.

well i just hope they dont neuter them ..

entendre_entendre
08-01-2009, 08:38 PM
i wonder if grey hunters will have the CSM loadout of bolter, bolt pistol, & CCW? would replace the true grit rule & streamline things a bit

Magos
08-02-2009, 12:14 AM
If they have an assault cannon land raider, that could be brutal.

Chiwie
08-02-2009, 03:51 AM

amen to that, i would love to see no power creep in this codex.... however that is unlikely imho.

If they have an assault cannon land raider, that could be brutal.

it would also look awesome :cool:

Erazoender
08-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Well you know how it goes, whenever a new codex is released, it's GW goal to break it... :rolleyes:

MoeDakka
08-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Is the rumor about the drop pod rule still in the mix?

For those that didn't see it here was the rumored rule:

Space Wolf Drop Pod Assault: If One unit is deployed via drop Pod, all units must deploy using drop pod.

This is a huge drawback for the Wolves as they don't teleport so the only way to deep strike is jump packs or drop pods, and if you use drop pods, you lose your armor. If you lose your armor, all the heavy weapons have to come from Long Fangs.

emperorsaxe
08-05-2009, 09:43 AM
I for one am looking very much to the new codicie coming out for these guys. One thing that I do believe is that this codex will be somewhat of a template for the chapter specific codexs to follow. While I know that there is a difference between the BA's and SW's I think that it will provide that basic structure for the chapter's to follow.

BTW would love to see a LR with three linked AC's that would be way cool.
Respects, Emperorsaxe

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-05-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm surprised nobodies posted this yet :

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa207/embodiedscrew/SpaceWolves.jpg

(thanks warseer people!)

emperorsaxe
08-05-2009, 10:31 AM
OMG that is one cool lookin' WD cover, man o man can't wait thanks for posting this up Xeno. Thumbs up on this brother.
Respects, Emperorsaxe

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-05-2009, 10:42 AM
OMG that is one cool lookin' WD cover, man o man can't wait thanks for posting this up Xeno. Thumbs up on this brother.
Respects, Emperorsaxe

I assume itll be codex artwork! in which case its awesome, way better than the imperial guard dex cover IMO, which I thought was pretty weak and forgettable. This one is great though, its clear, bold, detailed and realitic - im not a marine player, but I have to admit it makes me a bit tempted hehe..really shows how artwork can "sell" the army..

oni
08-05-2009, 01:35 PM
OH MAN... I hope that's the cover of the codex! :eek:

Durfast Spiritwolf
08-15-2009, 08:33 AM
OH MAN... I hope that's the cover of the codex! :eek:

That would follow the usual pattern :)

Sheldog
08-19-2009, 07:39 PM
It probably will be ,but ive seen alot of awesome pics that are cover worthy as im sure most of yall have.

Zigmunth
08-19-2009, 07:54 PM
They usually do that, what's on WD cover is on the Codex... same thing was with IG

Bikeninja
08-20-2009, 12:08 AM
This came from Slashgod on Warseer:

Ok,as promised i tell you now what Phill Kelly talked to me.

I asked him about Björn and the rumour about his AV14. He responded that he couldn´t tell,but Björn would be the most survivable Cybot in Game.
We also talked in general about Space Wolves and he said that Space Wolves would have extrem stats and some nice special rules but would pay with a lot of points. "You will be always outnumbered".
Logan Grimnar isn´t a fighting character,he is more like Creed, he gives you some special abilities like standing near a Long Fangs and saying you become tank hunter. He will also give even imperial guard special rules,because he is an amazing leader.
If you want a close combat monster you should choose Ragnar,he is young and berserker like.
All of the Special characters will be priced high over Gazhgul Thraka.

I also asked him about Wulfen and 13. company.
I was a little bit shocked when he said that Wulfen won´t come back as a unit. He wanted them more mysterious. You can still fill in some wulfen,but not as a unit costing 18 Points.

And last,i asked him about the Sagas. He confirmed that Sagas will give the complete army boni,not just a unit.

That´s all what i can remember, I hope GD uk will reveal more.

sorry for my bad english,but it isn´t my mother tongue

I get the feeling that they could end up being more like Grey Knights. You have a small compact army that has powerfull stuff but a low model count.

emperorsaxe
08-22-2009, 12:17 PM
As to the wulfen it sounds kinda like it did in the 3rd ed codex where one model in the army could take the mark of the wulfen. As to everything else I'll just take the wait and see road and enjoy reading all the rumors.
Respects, Emperorsaxe

Bigred
08-29-2009, 10:44 AM
These were posted by Zarahemna on Librarium Online.

"My brothers Njal the storm caller has granted me this vision so that you too may know the terrible might of the Space Wolves and howl as their heavy tread draws closer!

I know not of the new range of miniature representations of the sons of Russ, but I have seen the awesomeness of their almighty codex. Gather round now and listen!

Characters:

Njal Stormcaller:

Njal is back in all of his glory. The cyber raven joins him and the most easy comparison is with Tigurius, except that he wears terminator armour and carries mighty runes which blaze and improve his invulnerable save to a 4+. Truly unstoppable he remains.

A storm now covers Njal and this affects enemy shooting and combat prowess (-1 to both within 18" or something like that) and at higher levels can destroy foes and cast them around the table with it's mighty winds. Njal is the master of all six Space Wolf Psychic powers and yes, he is really expensive. Think 250+ points.

Bjorn the Fell Handed. Bjorn is incredibly strong, AV13 to the front and of course venerable. Put those two factors together and he is an almighty warrior. He has four attacks basic and is strength seven. He is also very expensive.

There is also a Telion type upgrade for the Space Wolf equivalent to scouts. This hero, more than three centuries old is the equivalent of a captain and yet with his unruly manners cannot be accepted among the battle brothers, not least because he stole one of the Chapter's thunderhawks and then crashed it during his flight. He upgrades his squad, I cannot remember how.

Battle Brothers:

All Space Wolves have counter attack and acute senses.

Wolf Guard are deceptive, they start off at a little over thirty points but they get very expensive very quickly. A wolf guard with Thunder hammer and Storm Shield weighs in at just under seventy!

There is a character with a special storm shield who can get an extra attack which represents him slapping his opponent with the shield when he charges. He also has furious charge and a thunder hammer that he can throw in a shooting attack. yes, a thrown thunder hammer. When it hits the foe there is an explosion and it reappears with a flash in his hands... Not bad eh?

Blood Claws now come in three flavours, bikers, jump packers and infantry. They remain slightly less able than regualr marines in shooting and close combat but are still really deadly...

Wulfen are gone as a unit.

There is a character who rides a Fenrisian wolf in to battle. It's a bit He-Man esque, but in a good way.

Long Fangs, Heavy Bolters for only a handful of points, you know about the same as a meltagun for regular marines... Also you can carry five heavy weapons... It's brilliant.

How much is a regular Space Wolf? xx points? Oh and you get a special weapon for free. Oh, and if you take ten you get a second special weapon for free... Ten men, and two special weapons for 150 points? Sounds good eh?

Kit? Oh yeah, every space wolf carries a chainsword, bolt pistol and boltgun. Extra attacks, I think so. You can kiss good bye to true grit though.

Oh and one last thing. Dark Angels are now not alone in being able to field Terminator only armies! SW's can field all terminator armies as one of their characters makes it possible to field T's as troops choices!"

Sergeant Horse
08-30-2009, 01:36 PM
I hope the part with the terminator troop armies isn't true. Its basically a double finger to Dark Angel armies

Flummer
08-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Termies as troops?! Whats next, you gonna tell me there bikers have skilled rider too, Dark Angels suuuuuuuck.

=Angel=
08-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Termies as troops?! Whats next, you gonna tell me there bikers have skilled rider too, Dark Angels suuuuuuuck.

Relax man. I'm a Thousand Sons player (the other legion the SW had a problem with, because of all those psychic powers we liked to use) and i just looked at the rumoured powers of Stormcaller. Then I looked at Ahriman. Then Stormcaller's rumours. Then Ahriman. And so on.

StrikerFox
08-30-2009, 04:49 PM
i wonder how things are gonna turn out.. atleast by the looks of things, i dont have to convert or raelly buy any new models.. except of course the new hq's.. but for them to be THAT pricy... idk if i would ever use them.. (as it is i dont use any)... so we shall see.. i just hope (although we may be out numbered) that they would atleast HAVE the staying power for such small "elite" units...

Durfast Spiritwolf
08-31-2009, 02:55 AM
On Russ's frozen tagnuts, this is going to be the start of many a great saga.

shabbadoo
08-31-2009, 04:33 AM
If the rumors are true, it sounds like basic troops will be the way to go. All of the stuff a regular space marine has, and then quite a bit more, and for 20 points less to boot. :rolleyes:

Other than that, everything else sounds interesting.

R3con
08-31-2009, 07:33 AM
Hopefully GWS would have learned its lesson about "outnumbered" troops from the Grey Knights.

To be slightly outnumbered is ok, but to massively outnumbered is a sure way to lose against weak horde armies.

Duke
08-31-2009, 10:46 AM
That is the problem, killy and outnumbered still dies just as fast as any other marine who isn't outnumbered.

This is the same problem with sternguard/ vanguard... they kill fine, but they die just as easily as any other marine.

Hopefully the sagas make SW a little tougher.

Duke

RogueMarine
09-01-2009, 09:50 AM
being out numbered won't be a big deal, most marine armies live by being outnumbered. but the biggest mistake i've seen in the rumors period is giving the wolf priest the ability to confer FNP to any squad...that is if his rumor comes to light. That will be a huge mistake. even Bjorn being AV 14 won't be as bad as that one.

HighLordUlrik
09-01-2009, 01:02 PM
I just can't wait for the release date. Also I was just thinking how different this release is compared to the Imperial Guard Codex. Comparatively we already have seen the data sheet and the stats on the tanks and some characters. We as well we have seen more pictures of Imperial Guard at the time of there codex.

Ninthplain
09-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I would suspect that GW is keeping this release closed because the IG release was leaked. Based on the amount of buzz over just the rumors it seems to be just as effective.

Ninthplain

Twilit
09-01-2009, 01:17 PM
I dunno about some of these rumours. I mean the wolf rider has been mentioned repeatedly, so I guess I can reconcile him being in the codex. But the thunderhammer thrower? Really? I thought we were playing 40k, not D&D.

The scout character's fluff seems appropriately wolfy, but comparisons to Telion are probably going too far. SW scouts operate entirely differently from SM scouts.

CaptainSinon
09-01-2009, 01:37 PM
perhaps but they wont be the exact same rules - he might have 2 powerfists and 5 attacks for all we know

(my bet is he wont though)

DreadlordRo
09-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Even if you could field a SW Termie list at 75pts each it would be pretty small. Less effective too if they still have the aversion to teleporting.

burning crome
09-01-2009, 03:50 PM
"Long Fangs, Heavy Bolters for only a handful of points, you know about the same as a meltagun for regular marines... Also you can carry five heavy weapons... It's brilliant."

as a none SW player (I have got a few some where mind that might get dusted of for a game or two) this is the thing that most interests me. In the vanilla codex deviators took a big hit playing for both the unneeded sergeant and increase of squad cost to cover the “free” weapons without getting access to them. Add to that the slight nerffing of HB and ML because of the new cover rules and damage table and you now only ever see dev in newbie lists. So getting heavy bolters cheap would be a good move that will hopefully peculate down into the other SM codex. Hopefully the iron father gets a bit of a boast compared to the standard tec priest as well them back into regular play.

Kanaellars
09-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I dont get it. How come we dont know more yet?

Most codexes by a month before we have the page by page.

This one seems strangely kept secret.

Mike Dunford
09-01-2009, 04:39 PM
The scout character's fluff seems appropriately wolfy, but comparisons to Telion are probably going too far. SW scouts operate entirely differently from SM scouts.

Just as an uneducated guess from that tiny bit of fluff, I'm expecting him to be more Sly Marbo/Lone Wolf-ish than Telion like.

WolfAramis
09-01-2009, 05:00 PM
D'no about you guys, but I'm really looking forward to this Codex. To be honest, I never liked our existing codex....nice 'n fluffy, but not wolf enough.

*chuckles at the image of Wolves assaulting a Land raider* FOR RUSS!!!!

2wierd
09-01-2009, 05:26 PM
I am looking forward to packs of wolves as fast attack. I have a theme for my Winter Wolves army, and bikes/jump packs/hover vehicles didn't quite mesh with it. I was using the EoT Codex for the wolf packs as my fast attack. Looking forward to seeing if you need a Saga or not to access them, and what the Saga may be. Though, I'm not too keen on the SW riding wolves. Maybe it's just me...

CaptainSinon
09-02-2009, 01:43 PM
dunno about you guys but if i want to some wolf riders ill just use lions from high elf chariots some green stuff and a little imagination:)

MaidenManiac
09-02-2009, 02:10 PM
I dont get it. How come we dont know more yet?

Most codexes by a month before we have the page by page.

This one seems strangely kept secret.

This might become the future Im afraid. It seems that the design studio has grown tired of having the next codex accessible on the net months before its release. They tried harder on Lizardmen and IG but to no real result. There were black and white PDFs available on the net anyway at least 1 month ahead...

Looking at SW and Skavens, out 1 and 2 months from now, they seem to have succeeded a bit better. The SW might still be fairly accounted for, but them rats are still hiding good in their holes, that book is still clouded in smokebombs:eek:

Carlsson
09-02-2009, 06:36 PM
As a longtime wolf player, I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes out. I'm less concerned with awesome stats and rules but more concerned they keep the awesome feel of the Wolves!

emperorsaxe
09-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Personally myself I just wait until the codex has been released it makes for a better read than someone going "hey did you see the SW codex yet?" "It was posted by some guy in france." Just my two bolter rounds worth.
Respects, Emperorsaxe

2wierd
09-04-2009, 07:14 PM
I've seen the dex. I am a very happy puppy player, i think Phil captured the spirit of the wolves.

Bjorn and Canis are by far my favorite HQ's. Ragnar is a combat monster!!!

Bjorn is armour 13/12/10 with a built in 5+ inv. save he is also a ven dread. he comes with a assault cannon but u can give him a plasma cannon for FREE with a BS 0f 6!!!! he has 4 base attacks at I3 and WS6. he allows all frendly ubits with (iirc) 12" to reroll moral. if he is killed all SW become feerless and becomes a new objective to be captured.

Canis is riding a HUGe wolf ... and the model looks great. he allows Fen. Wolf pack to become Troops. and there is a unit of wolf riders . Canis has 5 base attacks but if he gets surounded he goes crazy and get one attck for evry model in base contact.he has a pair of wolf claws. hes S5 T5 bc he is riding the wolf.

Ragnar gives himself and the unit he joins d3 extra attacks on the charge. he already has 5 built in. with WS6 and S5 thanks to his Sword hes a tornado in combat. Put Ragnar in a unit of Blood Claws and it a distructive combo because the BC get +2 attack on the charge.

Ulrik is back and hes pissed LOL hes gives the unit he joins prefered enemy angainst a unit type he chooses at the start of the game.

Logan is a true comander. he gives special rules to any unit he joins i cant remember them all but one of the is relentless. othe then that he has not changed much.

The trickster is a BC uite upgrade. And he could be a lot of fun.

The Thammer thrower is S10. he throws the hammer 6" at S10 AP1 assault 1. and he gets an extra attack for his shield.

that all i can remember at the moment ill try and get us some more!!!!

As stated, I found this on the Warseer forums. Thought I would pull it over. The link is below.
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3921809&postcount=879

Big Jim
09-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Hot off the presses! Courtesy of Rabianegra at Warseer. They are Frakin' Awesome!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/EasyEight/04092009181.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/EasyEight/04092009182.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/EasyEight/04092009183.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/EasyEight/04092009184.jpg

Big Jim
09-06-2009, 01:43 PM
one more

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/EasyEight/04092009185.jpg

wittdooley
09-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Sweet mother of god that wolf rider looks badass.

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-06-2009, 04:32 PM
mostly looks awesome to me, the only crit I have is the mohawk and top-knot heads..which look more like london punks than space wolves, the rest is great though - and the giant wolf with rider looks awesome especially, I had a feeling it would be despite the naysayers. I'm sure this will make my viking-marine buddy happy :)

miteyheroes
09-06-2009, 04:42 PM
The new heads are awesome, I'm loving the facial hair. Had a look at a them in a local GW, and they're wonderful.

That wolf-rider... The rider himself looks cool, I admit. But the wolf? Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.

bryce963
09-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Son of a *****, should have saved the money I spent on warriors of chaos for space wolves....

Drax
09-06-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm a salamanders player and after looking at those scans I really like the look of those models there great looking

The West Coast Knight
09-06-2009, 11:12 PM
I must paint another 60 guard to finish my armies in the next 4 weeks cause after that its all wolves all the time.;););)

I think alll the new models are some of the best GW has ever done.

El Scotcho
09-07-2009, 01:12 AM
I can't wait. The best part of all of this is that my birthday is in october, and everyone thinks I'm too hard to buy presents fo, so they just give/send cash.

energongoodie
09-07-2009, 04:36 AM
Love it all!
EXCEPT!! The Mick Hucknell look alike fella with the plasma pistol. That miniature looks absolutely bobbins!!! Awful. Who did it?
Fire them.

Diagnosis Ninja
09-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Hmm... i think the wolf would look better as a Daemonic Steed for Warriors of Chaos. I mostly like the look of the Wolf Guard Terminators there, which might tempt me into a box of them. The real question is simple: Space Hulk or some more marines to top up to the codex? :P

emperorsaxe
09-07-2009, 09:38 AM
As I stated in another thread I think all the minis are aces love the looks of them all, can't wait. October and November will be two fine months. :)
Respects, Emperorsaxe

pingo
09-07-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm loving these new models. Just the sheer number of options on the sprues is amazing. I can see these tempting me away from Ultramarines. Perhaps a joint Macragge–Fenris strike force is in order.

They're up for preorder at Wayland Games (http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/pre-orders/3rd-oct-2009-space-wolves/cat_387.html), I noticed. My shopping cart my fill up soon...

Batman
09-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Have to say I'm really looking forward to the new codex and the new models. Not too keen on Lukas and Canis but everything else looks great. People say the hairstyles are over the top, but with 30+ heads it shouldn't be too hard to avoid using the mohawk heads.
Grab your horned helmets and your oars, we're getting on the longship and raiding GW headquarters :P

Dia
09-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Current plans for the Wolf Rider involve extending the beast's muzzle, shortening the tail, and maybe shaving down the chest. I want it to look more big, bad wolf than noble steed.

RocketRollRebel
09-08-2009, 09:36 PM
*Drooool

I dont play SW and I dont plan to...yet. But I gotta get the codex when it comes out. Looks like its going to be a good time for sure!

Tigerguy
09-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Space Wolves were my first 40k army, and it looks like they'll be my newest army as well. The models look great, and the rules look amazing. Can't wait to run 4 HQ's and be greatly outnumbered.

Big Jim
09-09-2009, 01:39 AM
This was posted by Scuddman over on Dakka.

I'm glad I made a second pass at the book, there's a bunch of things I missed the first time or was wrong about.

Long fangs are 15 points per model and are leadership 9. Heavy bolters are 5 points, missiles 10, plasma 20, lascannons 25

Venerable dreads can take saga of majesty (reroll failed morale if unit within 6")
Dreads and ven dreads can take wolftail talisman (mulifies psychic power targetting model on 5+_ and wolftooth necklace (hit on 3+ in hth)

Wolf lords, rune priests, and their version of the chaplain are all base 100 points. Their equipment options vary quite a bit.

Bc's may have a wolf guard. They are very similar to grey hunters in this regard.

Wolf priests have a different rule where you pick a unit type(such as infantry or bikes) at the start of the game. THe unit he is joined with and himself gain preferred enemy towards that unit. Everything else is the exact same as chaplains but has different names.

Rhinos, like vindi's and speeders are exactly the same as space marines.

One attack bike per bike squad.

All blood claw units, whether bikes, jump packs, or whatever, have headstrong as a rule. If an enemy unit in your SHOOTING phase is within 6", you may not shoot and must charge in the assault phase.

No land speeder storm

Mark of the wulfen just gives d6+1 attacks to one model. It does not give rending .

Drop pods still ahve the droppod assault rules, so half of the pods must show up first turn.

A rune priests runic weapon doubles as a special kind of psychic hood. 24" range like hood, but on a 4+ power fails.

The initiative test psychic power is specified as a shooting psychic power...implies you would get cover saves. Monstrous creatures subtract 1 to their roll, but a 6 always fails.

Sagas:
Bear: eternal warrior. Funny, only the wolf lord can take this saga, and all the normal characters can only take one saga
Majesty: Unit within 6" may reroll failed morale tests.
Hunter: Character has outflank and stealth. Wolfpriest only
Warriorborn: # models killed in last assault phase give a bonus attack in this assault phase for every model killed last assault phase.
Beastslayer: Reroll hth hits vs. walkers, monstrous creatures, or things with toughness 5 or higher.
Ironwolf:: Character in vehicle moves extra d3"

StrikerFox
09-09-2009, 03:00 AM
wow.. new rules so far seem very interesting.. and im atleast pleased that some things remained the same and didnt get totally neutered! one thing i do NOT like however is a couple of the new models.. especially that damned cybernetic "wolf".... the rider is awsome.... the wolf itself....... eggh..

in anycase, im still waiting patiently... my wolves are starting to stirr from hybernation!!!

Kanaellars
09-10-2009, 09:27 AM
I have seen the book and it is AMAZING!

I posted comments on the other thread where someone else had posted some updates on the rules and such... but it is truely awe inspiring.

The only downside is no new Ragnar model..... but eh, its still an amazing book.