rockgod
09-11-2013, 12:58 PM
hi all

its been longer than i thought but heres a preview of the reboot kickstarter

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1419757724/220714005?token=26fba8a2

all feedback will be welcome

el_tigre
09-11-2013, 08:15 PM
It looks great, nicely modular and would be perfect for representing the innards of a hiveworld or open air factories/fortresses.

lobster-overlord
09-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Iam ready to play some Necromunda now....

Some of these would be perfect for the mining colony table I am hoarding pieces for. Ithink the magnets make this unique over many other mdf projects out there.

White Tiger88
09-12-2013, 12:21 AM
So you get nothing for pledging other then the ability to buy more stuff.....?

SaveModifier
09-12-2013, 05:56 AM
So you get nothing for pledging other then the ability to buy more stuff.....?

Pretty sure the prices are just place holders as this is a draft, if you read the descriptions it says what you get with each level

theHman
09-12-2013, 05:49 PM
$500 British Pounds for the complete 4'x4' table of terrain??? HOLY CRAP!
That's $774.41 USD... + S&H of another $39.51 for a total of $813.92
Yeah, no way Jose.
Talk about markup. Damn.

What you've done is nice but no different than the dozen other guys in the US/Can & UK doing this type of terrain.
Now you're probably gonna say something like "well I'm taking my time to add extra details etc..."
And that may in fact be true, but the kickstarter doesn't do a very good job of highlighting or showing what makes it worthwhile to buy your terrain over anyone else's.

Things to consider before you go live:
1. Do the math on your costs etc... If you can lower them, then do it now not later. If you're trying to start a terrain making business then what you really need is customers and people to be your guinea pigs and then preach your awesomeness. Give the kickstarter crowd an insanely awesome deal. Make some money, don't get me wrong, but be cool and give away some fun stuff with each level.

2. Where are the ladders/ramps to get up levels? Small but important detail.

3. Check these guys out
http://store.urbanlasercraft.com/scifiterrain.html

Prices are a bit steep for my liking (but they are in USD for what it's worth), but they've done some pretty cool things. If you can make some of the smaller things, I'd do it and add them to each pledge level and/or as some low cost add-ons.

I'll try and come back with some more feedback for you.

Best of luck to ya!

rockgod
09-13-2013, 12:41 AM
hi theHman
2. Where are the ladders/ramps to get up levels? Small but important detail.are all in the towers.if you have a look at the interial pic on the ks you can see the ladders run up the middle of each tower
the corner towers have 2 ladders in them

cheers for the feedback

SaveModifier
09-13-2013, 02:28 AM
$500 British Pounds for the complete 4'x4' table of terrain??? HOLY CRAP!
That's $774.41 USD... + S&H of another $39.51 for a total of $813.92
Yeah, no way Jose.
Talk about markup. Damn.

What you've done is nice but no different than the dozen other guys in the US/Can & UK doing this type of terrain.
Now you're probably gonna say something like "well I'm taking my time to add extra details etc..."
And that may in fact be true, but the kickstarter doesn't do a very good job of highlighting or showing what makes it worthwhile to buy your terrain over anyone else's.

Things to consider before you go live:
1. Do the math on your costs etc... If you can lower them, then do it now not later. If you're trying to start a terrain making business then what you really need is customers and people to be your guinea pigs and then preach your awesomeness. Give the kickstarter crowd an insanely awesome deal. Make some money, don't get me wrong, but be cool and give away some fun stuff with each level.

2. Where are the ladders/ramps to get up levels? Small but important detail.

3. Check these guys out
http://store.urbanlasercraft.com/scifiterrain.html

Prices are a bit steep for my liking (but they are in USD for what it's worth), but they've done some pretty cool things. If you can make some of the smaller things, I'd do it and add them to each pledge level and/or as some low cost add-ons.

I'll try and come back with some more feedback for you.

Best of luck to ya!

These are at the pricey end for laser cut terrain but, look at the level of detail, the link you've given shows why there is such a price difference, those things are all literally boxes with a doodle on it, the walkways and towers are all really fantastic looking, out of my price range personally but its really impressive.