PDA

View Full Version : You know you play to much warhammer when

Kefka
11-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Yesterday, I got blood work done for the first time. I'm normally fine with needles,but seeing my own blood drawn freaked me out.
When I came to, on the floor, one of the nurses told me I said "I failed my terror check" before I blacked out.

I'm starting to reference warhammer to my life and well-being...

Any other "Too much warhammer" life stories?

Lerra
11-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Hah that's great. Painkillers and passing out make people say the darndest things.

I've started to measure finances in Warhammer models. "That steak dinner costs one chaos hounds box, but the pasta only costs half a box. I think I'll get the pasta." "Jeez that car repair costs four doomwheels!"

McMurdoc
11-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Sometimes I think an organisation like the AA would be rather succesful...

The AW : anonymous wargamers :p

Grabnutz
11-22-2009, 06:30 AM
"My name is Grabnutz and I am a Gamer" [light applause, muttered "Hello Grabnutz"]

"Would you like to try that again Craig?"

"Sorry? Oh I see... my name is Daemon Prince T'kreel Ursei and I am a Gamer".

"Craig?".

"Ok, I got it honest... my name is Uriel the Dispossessed and I am a Gamer".

"Nurse, prepare 25mL of lithium and tighten those straps...".

Kefka
11-30-2009, 11:31 AM
The problem I see is with AW is all the hordes and warmachine players booing any of the warhammer players, and then fights break out.

Lord Azaghul
11-30-2009, 01:42 PM

I think it should be called WA.

But then the Orc/Ork players might get carried away a try to call the waaghh during snack time.

Steelbull
11-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Wargamers Anonymous And Always Greatly Hungry!

Subject Keyword
12-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Ah, jeezus. I measure things in miniatures too. *sigh*

My worst "too much Warhams" moment wasn't mine. It was my girlfriend, a wood elves player.
During an extremely intimate moment she said something about me "rolling irresistible force."
When the Hobby starts working its way into your bedroom, you know its time to take a break. :D

cybertuna
12-11-2009, 09:35 AM

Actually, it's WA, Wargamers Anonymous...and it also corresponds to the sound we make when our armies get crushed by our enemies... "WA!" :(

cybertuna
12-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Ah, jeezus. I measure things in miniatures too. *sigh*

My worst "too much Warhams" moment wasn't mine. It was my girlfriend, a wood elves player.
During an extremely intimate moment she said something about me "rolling irresistible force."
When the Hobby starts working its way into your bedroom, you know its time to take a break. :D

ARE YOU KIDDING? That's OUTSTANDING! You should ENCOURAGE such nerditude! ;)

Subject Keyword
12-14-2009, 07:14 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING? That's OUTSTANDING! You should ENCOURAGE such nerditude! ;)

Good point. But she's starting a 40k Daemons army currently. Once I teach her about armor penetration it will reach whole new levels.:eek:

Renegade
12-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Good point. But she's starting a 40k Daemons army currently. Once I teach her about armor penetration it will reach whole new levels.:eek:

Not as bad as when she learns about the 4, could be worse though, could be Dark Elves.

I generally refer to little kids as nurglings and the sick as nurgle blessed.

Subject Keyword
12-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Heh. Yeah, my roommate was blowing his nose in his bed last night and going "thank you Poppa Nurgle, for this gift. I shall cherish it."

Craftworlds_Voice
12-18-2009, 05:28 AM
You know you play to much warhammer when ... when you spend every day a big chunk of your free time at wahrmmer forums, roster ideas and all other similar activities... yes... i'm addicted