PDA

View Full Version : RUMORS: Rebel Rogue Squadron Set

Bigred
09-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Word on the street says the following:

A 2-ship Rebel set is coming soon to match the Imperial Aces set just announced.

Same Price (@$29)

Alternate paint X-Wing
Alternate paint A-Wing

Have Rogue Squadron stripes on wings

4 new Rogue Squadron pilots:
-Corran Horn
-3 others

New upgrades:
-Whistler, Corran's astromech
-others

Patrick Boyle
09-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Just imagine the Fry 'shut up and take my money' image here. Just fingers crossed Corran has useful card text. Yeah he turns into a bit of a Mary Sue, especially in 'I, Jedi', but damn if those books weren't awesome way back in middle school. I'm somewhat afraid to go back and read them now...

Houghten
09-20-2013, 02:24 PM
I can't say I'm at all surprised that there'll be a Rebel aces set.

Mr.Pickelz
09-20-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm hoping theres more than just X and A wing Ace pilot cards. But, probably not. :(

eldargal
09-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Seems logical. I hope they include Plourr Ilo (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Isplourrdacartha_Estillo).:) Or Shira Brie. One of the female pilots anyway...

Edit: Actually I'd be more surprised if we didn't see a rogue Squadron set at some point to be honest, rather surprised we are getting the Imperial elite pack first. Then again rebels are getting a corvette and transport.

pgarfunkle
09-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Will definitely pick up a set or two of any rogue squad box if it's released as I loved the books back in the day!

Alex Knight
09-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Edit: Actually I'd be more surprised if we didn't see a rogue Squadron set at some point to be honest, rather surprised we are getting the Imperial elite pack first. Then again rebels are getting a corvette and transport.

I'm sure the Imperials would have recieved a large vessel too... if they had them small enough. Star Destroyer still would be the size of a gaming table, even if scaled down to the Corvette...

Houghten
09-27-2013, 02:54 PM
Lancer frigate would work beautifully, though.

D6Damager
10-14-2013, 01:01 PM
A-Wing cards would be great as then they will hopefully get more useful abilities. They are hardly taken for anything except maybe a cheap (for Rebels) missile delivery.