-Powerfist
-Storm Shield

HEAVY SUPPORT
*LR
-MM

HEAVY SUPPORT
*LR
-MM

on the Wolf Lord: i know Canis is cheaper, but i wanted a unit that could not be killed by Instant Death. of course, he's joined by the TW Cavalry

the WG with jump packs tag along as ablative wounds for the RP. the RP + flying WG are meant to put the RP in position for a better JotWW: 12" movement + 24" range on JotWW.

the 2nd WG (no jump packs) joins the GH squads.

i got the inspiration for this list from goatboy.

i also know i should take 4 Troop choices at 2K points, but SW seem inclined not to be about balance IMO, so i'm giving my theory a try.

Chumbalaya
11-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Very much a rock list, 3 big targets and not much between them.

You don't have much of anything to nail armor from range, knocking out transports so your assaults can get the job done. If those Land Raiders are sitting back, then they aren't getting those GH into assault and leaving the TWC on their own.

A single unit of 4 jump packers isn't a very good idea, they'll be fairly easy to pop out of the sky. You would be better off Podding them for suicide Jaws plus combi-meltas or sticking him in the GH Rhino and using the saved points to pick up some Speeders or Rifleman Dreads to give you more firepower at range.