PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Space Vikings(Wolves)

bryce963
11-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Alright, so I have had a change in direction after seeing the 'thunderhoof' cavalry on 3+ blog. That is a conversion I can do. I am thinking of a more Space Viking than wolf. So any ideas on how to make a stronger Viking theme would be awesome.
On to the list. 1850
HQ
100 rune priest, living lightning and something else.

Elite
150 dread, multi melta, flamer drop pod
150 dread assault cannon flamer drop pod

Troops
210 10 GH 2x melta MoW rhino
205 10 GH melta flamer MoW rhino
205 10 GH 2x plasma drop pod
190 9 GH melta rhino

Fast Attack
260 4 TWC storm shield thunder hammer
70 speeder multi melta flamer
70 speeder multi melta flamer

Heavy Support
120 predator autocannon lascannon sponsons
120 predator autocannon lascannon sponsons

crazyredpraetorian
11-22-2009, 02:40 AM
That HQ is not very durable. You may want to add another HQ or atleast beef that one up with TDA. Atleast give him a chance to survive.

Chumbalaya
11-22-2009, 01:11 PM
HQ is doing his job: blast with lightning and protect against psykers. Rune Priests don't fight, they're utility characters. Good on you OP for not succumbing to the lure of pimped out superstars.

I'd give both Dreads multi-meltas for insurance.

Also, I'd lose out on lascannon sponsons (too pricey, not worth it).

Ld8 is going to be a huge problem for that unit of TWC. You may want a cheap WGBL just in there for the Ld buff.

bryce963
11-22-2009, 02:44 PM
I don't have another melta arm, I might try to get one though, in a previous list I had more speeders, but found a solution to get cav. So maybe switch a predator for another melta speeder, have 2 of those and one mm/hf one. I don't like not having any long range fire, especially without lascannons, and I think at least one 4 shot predator is a good idea, the twin linked gun is too expensive for sure though. But against anything not 14, 2 S9 and 2 S7 shots sounds good to me from most of the board. I was thinking of a wolf guard leader for the cav, but that would run close to a squad of troops or long fangs, for one guy. Though an iron priest and wolf squad is only 155.