PDA

View Full Version : Long Range mods to the rules

TSINI
09-23-2013, 07:11 AM
So I enjoy the game as it is, it's slick and fast paced and apart from the plethora of tokens and templates that make it a little messy, it looks damn good too (especially when you pull off cinematic moves like this)4931

But there's something odd about the missiles/torpedo rules that just don't sit right with me.

When I used to spend hours battling away on "X-Wing Vs TIE Fighter" on the PC, my usual tactic was to enter space, switch to torpedoes/missiles, lock onto some unsuspecting enemy ship, close, loose rockets, switch to lasers, and engage his wingmen at close quarters, the range on the rockets was excellent and always more likely to hit when fired at range as they had time to adjust direction.

Is there any simplified way that X-Wing could be modified to incorporate a way to allow a player to loose torpedoes into space, represented by a torpedo token (as is done in many other space games)?

This is merely an open ended idea for my own personal enjoyment but may be of use when putting together large scale engagements, where loosing bombs at range towards capital ships would be a viable tactic for the mission.

Any thoughts from budding games designers?