PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Scrap-pile question

Lednera
11-22-2009, 11:52 AM
can a lord/hero/champion take multiples of an item in the scrap pile like 2+ rat hounds, 2+ warplock pistols etc.... I am almost 100% sure the answer is no but just need to run it through you guys to be sure.

Goresmack
11-22-2009, 01:49 PM
That's a damn fine question,on page 33 it states:

"The following weapons and upgrades are common amongst the leaders and commanders of a Skaven army and so may be purchased by character and champion models as described in the army list (page 97 to 106). The same item may be purchased by more than one model in the army. Unless otherwise noted, these weapons are not magical."

Obviously it doesn't clearly state yes or no and the core rulebook isn't anymore helpful (weapon section pg 54), but if I was playing you I would not stop you from using more then on of the same thing on one model. Unfortunately it's a tough call because of the vagueness of the rules in question, I think this may be a "depending on who your playing" situation.

-Gore

Lednera
11-22-2009, 10:02 PM
sounds cool with me, I can just see my warlord with a pack of rat hounds on an ogre mount :)

adtr42
11-22-2009, 10:33 PM
you can't take more than one of each item per character.
the scrap-pile works much like the common magic items list, you can have multiples of each for different characters but can't take two for a single character[power stones and dispel scrolls being the obvious exception]

TheBitzBarn
11-23-2009, 09:27 AM
How do you justify that cause the army book does not qualify them as common magic Items and this quote

"The following weapons and upgrades are common amongst the leaders and commanders of a Skaven army and so may be purchased by character and champion models as described in the army list (page 97 to 106). The same item may be purchased by more than one model in the army. Unless otherwise noted, these weapons are not magical."

States they are not magical

Herald of Nurgle
11-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Non magical means non magical attacks.

I'd be fine with it due to the coolness - just don't abuse it!

adtr42
11-25-2009, 02:55 AM
i didn't claim they were magical. i just compared the list format.

anyway the items on the list can't be doubled up on any single model[except possibly the warplock pistol].

the rathound, for instance, is an upgrade not an item so can't be stacked.

L192837465
12-08-2009, 11:59 AM
It's absolutely perfectly rules-legal to purchase more than one of each. If I want my lord to have 8 warpmuskets, by god I will and can!

They are an exception to everything, which is why they are given their own section. The common magic items argument is crap, because you can't double up any magical item whatsoever besides dispel scrolls and power stones.

As the scrappile is not magical, and is in fact character upgrades, they are perfectly legal to purchase 6 of each or more. Just as it's legal to purchase 4 halberds for a lord, even though they do nothing after the first. For example, the scrappile that gives you the extra s3 poisoned attack? Yeah, take 12 of that. That would be awesome!