PDA

View Full Version : Golem Arcana

Caius
10-04-2013, 05:38 AM
I'm a little suprised that this hasn't appeared somewhere on this website because it seems like a pretty cool type of game to be kickstarted. I'd recommend watching the kickstarter videos to get a look for how this will work. I kind of wish they could do something like this for Warmachine actually. It would make resolving attacks against Warjacks/Warbeasts a lot faster.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/golem-arcana

"The Golem Arcana App knows where all your figures are because each figure’s base and the game board are covered with invisible microdots. When you touch a figure with the stylus, information is transferred to the app via Bluetooth technology. The App immediately identifies which figure it is, all its capabilities, and its position on the game board. When you touch the stylus to a new region of the game board, the app instantly knows whether the move is valid or not.

When you touch an enemy figure, the App automatically can tell if the attack is blocked by intervening terrain, what the range modifiers are, what the terrain modifiers are, and applies the benefits or drawbacks from characters’ active magical abilities.

The Golem Arcana App knows all the game rules so you can’t accidentally break them. You don’t need to read a rulebook because everything you need to know is available on screen or with a tap of your finger or your stylus. New players learn the game quickly by following the onscreen prompts and listening to the audio feedback. Record keeping is a snap because the App tracks everything for you. It’s a referee, rule book, and tracking device all-in-one. Together, the TDI stylus and App allow you to focus on what's important: face-to-face tabletop gaming in the exciting new game world of Golem Arcana (more on that later)."

GrauGeist
10-04-2013, 06:07 PM
It's the Skylanders meets Stratego of wargaming!

GrauGeist
10-13-2013, 12:21 AM
With just over 2 days to go, it's still over $100k short of the $500k funding goal.

It doesn't look like it'll fund, but we'll see...

GrauGeist
10-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Wow, this actually funded! Barely, but funded is funded!