PDA

View Full Version : 2400 HE competitve

Alex
10-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Hi all. Normally i'm into my dragon lists but decided to change it up for my next battle. I don't play as often as I would like so still lack overall experience so all advise is more than welcome.

Alarielle the radiant

Mage lvl 1, scroll Nobel,
Bsb, armour of Caledor, Halberd

x30 spearmen, FC
X5 Ellyrian reavers, bows, spears, musician
x5 Ellyrian reavers, bows, spears, musician

X19 Swordmasters, FC, Banner of the world dragon
x20 Phoenix guard, FC, Razor standard

Frost Phoenix
Frost Phoenix

I make it 2404 but am assuming their will be changes anyway*:)

I'm not fantasy tactical genius but the list is designed for desirable hammer and anvil tactics with frosty support. Alarielle with the swordmasters and mage with the Phoenix guard. I am aware there is little shooting. Originally I was planning 2-3 bolt throwers but would have sacrifice a frosty for it

Chronowraith
10-13-2013, 07:18 PM
What Lore will you be using on Alarielle and the Lv1? I'd assume Light but with this list either Light or Life is viable.

If you are looking for redirects/deployment drops I'd go with Giant Eagles instead. They are cheaper and actually more maneuverable.

Personally, I think you'd find more bang for your buck with White Lions rather than Swordmasters.

angrybear
10-14-2013, 01:43 AM
Personally, I think you'd find more bang for your buck with White Lions rather than Swordmasters.

Have to agree here with strength 5 as your best anti armor unit you will struggle against the 1+ as enemies. I also prefer archers over spearmen.

Alex
10-14-2013, 04:13 AM
What Lore will you be using on Alarielle and the Lv1? I'd assume Light but with this list either Light or Life is viable.

If you are looking for redirects/deployment drops I'd go with Giant Eagles instead. They are cheaper and actually more maneuverable.

I was going to go 2 life 2 high on Arielle. Reasons I went for reavers is more wounds, shooting and they are in core. On the lions front I will be missing the extra strength but will be gaining alot more attacks also was thinking about dropping a frosty to get some sisters and a couple of bolt throwers to help with magical and high toughness.

Have to agree here with strength 5 as your best anti armor unit you will struggle against the 1+ as enemies. I also prefer archers over spearmen.

I've always considered spears or archer core just down to personal preference more so in the last book, as everybody now uses helms. I've tried archers and really never liked them. Also the don't fit the hammer anvil tactica very well.

Thanks for both replys though. Some things to consider. :)

Alex
11-04-2013, 04:31 AM
After going back to have slight rethink on the list came up with this.

Alarielle in the SM with mono high for the 4++\3++. Lvl 2 and bsb with PG. Noble with the ring for MM and 3++ on PG. While the lvl 2 won't be going for mindrazor, their are plenty of good lower cost buffing spells that would work really well. Sister for regen and bolt thrower for monsters and raged threat. Revers redirect and good old frosty for support.

Alarielle the radiant, high

Mage lvl 2, shadow, scroll
Nobel, BSB, dragon armour, shield of merwyrm, khaines ring of fury

x30 seaguard, FC

x19 Swordmasters, FC, Banner of the world dragon
x18 Phoenix guard, FC, Razor standard

x8 sisters of avelorn
bolt thrower
bolt thrower
Frost Phoenix

Alex Kivelstadt
11-11-2013, 02:28 PM
How are you getting the +1 AS on the SM?

Alex
11-12-2013, 12:44 PM
How are you getting the +1 AS on the SM?

I'm not. The best ward I can get on the SM is 3 from the queen with high lore.