PDA

View Full Version : things that should be revealed

08-01-2009, 09:23 PM
i think that the fates of the two unknown primarchs should be known
or whether conrad curze is actually alive or not?:confused:

ThePov
08-01-2009, 09:27 PM
i think that the fates of the two unknown primarchs should be known

Actually, I think that should never be "offically" revealed, because the mystery allows for too many awesome Fan armies and RPG stories and such

DuskRaider
08-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Konrade Kurze AKA Night Haunter, is in fact... Dead. Even Zsho Sahaal admits to it.

TheKingElessar
08-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Actually, I think that should never be "offically" revealed, because the mystery allows for too many awesome Fan armies and RPG stories and such

Plus, what if badly done?

08-01-2009, 11:45 PM
sorry the question is actually supposed to be if alpharius or omegon really died

RandomX
08-02-2009, 04:17 AM
Actually though the Horus Heresy I am getting a lot from the background that I personally want.

The nature of the Heresy era Imperial Fists, specifically Sigismund.
Same with the Death Guard.
The Primarchs.
The Emperor, and the half dozen times that he has been "seen" so far in the series.
Heresy Era Imperial Guard (That I want to use Vostroyans to represent)
The Mechanicum/Dark Mechanicum Civil War.

I can absolutely not wait for the Wolves of Fenris/Prospero Burns books. And eventually we will have full on Siege of the Emperor's Palace. There are a lot of Legions left to flesh out. The Ultras, White Scars, Raven Guard, Iron Warriors. We still have a long way to go, and a lot of good fluff to come out of it all.

-Eric

Emperorsmercy
08-02-2009, 06:23 AM
I Would like to know what happenedto Vulkan. Is he still out there, waiting for his artefacts to be found? or is he dead?

kitiara
08-02-2009, 07:57 AM
i would like to know what happened with Silent Sisters after heresy and the Lost Legions....

Inquisitor McSagington
08-02-2009, 08:20 AM
If a heretic is hit with an exterminatus and no one's around
to hear it, does it make a sound?

Also-What the Outsider is like. C'mon if even HIVE FLEETS go around him he's got to be scary.

Mindless-Focus
08-02-2009, 08:32 AM
The ONLY thing I REALLY want to know about is the lost legions. Who are they and why were they removed? I mean, it has to be really bad or a huge secret to remove them. They didn't even remove the heretics after the heresy... They really need to fill us in on that.

TheKingElessar
08-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Or, he's not a life-form they can devour, so a waste of resources. Evolution has a consciousness, and it's hungry...

Chiwie
08-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Cypher's goal....

Mindless-Focus
08-02-2009, 08:58 AM
He was consumed by a C'tan... dont think he's going to complete it...

TheKingElessar
08-02-2009, 09:07 AM
No he wasn't, he just lost the Knife. He teleported away, as per.

Andrew283
08-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Vulkan, Vulkan, Vulkan!

Mindless-Focus
08-02-2009, 09:17 AM
But Cypher wont be coming back since GW is surpressing his patron deity, Malal.

TheKingElessar
08-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Unless...his patron deity is actually the Emprah...

DevilUknow
08-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I kind of like the unknowns about 40k

The unknown legions, the Dark Founding, etc. It lets people's imaginations run wild.

IMHO, anytime something mysterious is explained it becomes completely boring (not just 40k, but pretty much everything).

My only beef is that there probably is NO real answer.

However, I would like them to move forward with the whole "Emprah's chair is going to stop working" hook but that would mean something actually happening and changing and that'll never happen (unless it is made for some kind of specilaist game or something).

Magos
08-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Well, in regards to the lost legions, it is possible they turned against botht he Emperor and Chaos...

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-02-2009, 05:02 PM
the unknowns are certainly the most appealing things to me. After owning all the codex books/rulebooks and fluff you find you get bored of all the established stuff and find the mysteries and untouched areas of 40k far more interesting and imagination-exciting..at least for me...

ThePov
08-02-2009, 05:18 PM
the unknowns are certainly the most appealing things to me. After owning all the codex books/rulebooks and fluff you find you get bored of all the established stuff and find the mysteries and untouched areas of 40k far more interesting and imagination-exciting..at least for me...
I agree. It's the little, obscure things and the stories you have to make up yourself that really give the game it's great quality. As someone who's all for narrative gaming, and who tries to attach some sort of in-universe story (no matter how silly) to every game I play, if only for my own sake, I have to say that the unexplained, unrevealed, open-ended corners (wait, open-ended corners? ;p) of the 40K universe is the best part for me, and I basically spend most of my time there.

Now, that said, there was an interesting and tantalizing bit of Fulgrim in which Horus is tallying up the legions on his side, and he mentions that he wishes he could have "two more," but that whatever they did was unforgivable, even to him, so speculation galore.

entendre_entendre
08-02-2009, 08:21 PM
yeah, one of the baby primarchs was killed, or possibly injured/mutated by horus when he went back in time (the XI legion? i don't remember)
i always thought the forgotten legions were removed b/c they didn't choose a side in the heresy, i don't really have evidence for this and the passage from the HH series about "two more legions" may or may not defeat this.
the "two more legions" could be the imperial fists due to their favour w/ the emperor & the ultrasmurfs b/c gulliman was a chief rival of horus so would never join him. w/e it's just fun speculation :)

ThePov
08-02-2009, 10:36 PM
yeah, one of the baby primarchs was killed, or possibly injured/mutated by horus when he went back in time (the XI legion? i don't remember)
i always thought the forgotten legions were removed b/c they didn't choose a side in the heresy, i don't really have evidence for this and the passage from the HH series about "two more legions" may or may not defeat this.
the "two more legions" could be the imperial fists due to their favour w/ the emperor & the ultrasmurfs b/c gulliman was a chief rival of horus so would never join him. w/e it's just fun speculation :)
Well, no, he had just counted them as amoung his enemies. The passage is about as clear as I've ever seen anyone refer to the lost legions... I wish I could remember where I put that book so I could fin the page number, but it seemed to me that Horus thought that the Lost Legions would have sided with him, had they been in a position to. I'm not quite sure if it meant they had been destroyed or exiled in some way, but it did sound like he had fought alongside them before. It was only a paragraph, at most, but it was very provacative.

Lord Anubis
08-02-2009, 11:27 PM
There was a line in one of the Sandman books about how stories get forgotten but mysteries live on forever.

I was a bit disappointed when they started writing all the Horus Heresy books and telling us exactly what happened back then. Don't get me wrong, as an Alpha Legion player I loved learning about the primarch twins and I think Horus's fall was fairly well done. But one of the things I loved about this universe was all the mystery about how things ended up this way. There were all these various rumors and stories and some of them conflicted and some didn'tand so much of it was just left up to the players.

I'd rather see another hundred vague, mysterious hints than one hard "THIS is what Cypher is doing."

imperialsavant
08-02-2009, 11:44 PM
:confused:
sorry the question is actually supposed to be if alpharius or omegon really died

Well one of the 2 was supposed to be killed by Roboute Guilliman but who is to say which one.
You know the Alpha Legion all is "Air & Water, Mist & Misinformation!"

In regards to Konrad Curze he was assassanated by the Callidas Assassin M'Shen.:cool:

Regards Barry H.

imperialsavant
08-02-2009, 11:51 PM
I Would like to know what happenedto Vulkan. Is he still out there, waiting for his artefacts to be found? or is he dead?

According to the 40K Lexicanum Vulkan disappeared. I think it was chasing one of the Traitor Legions.

Regards Barry H.

Lord Anubis
08-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Well one of the 2 was supposed to be killed by Roboute Guilliman but who is to say which one.
You know the Alpha Legion all is "Air & Water, Mist & Misinformation!"

Ah, would that be the facts from the completely fabricated report an Alpha Legion agent submitted to the Inquisition? :D

Emperorsmercy
08-03-2009, 01:51 AM
in the space marine codex, it says that Vulkan is waiting for the salamanders to gather his artefacts.

ThePov
08-03-2009, 08:16 AM
in the space marine codex, it says that Vulkan is waiting for the salamanders to gather his artefacts.
And in several other sources, including the HH books, he was last seen sometime in the middle of the dropsite massacre, right before the entire combined force of the Traitor legions smashed into the Salamanders. Now, I'm a big fan of the Salamanders, they were my first army and they still hold a special place in my heart, but it's kind of hard to LOSE a 10 foot tall, black skinned super-being decked out in bright green armor. It's entirely possible the whole Salamander's Cult of Nocturne thing is just wishful thinking.

Magos
08-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Or that for whatever reason the Salamanders didnt want to say that Vulkan was still alive....

Concentrate More
08-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Who the Tau Ethereals are.

Emperorsmercy
08-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Now, I'm a big fan of the Salamanders, they were my first army and they still hold a special place in my heart, but it's kind of hard to LOSE a 10 foot tall, black skinned super-being decked out in bright green armor. It's entirely possible the whole Salamander's Cult of Nocturne thing is just wishful thinking.

yes, i suppose.:(

poor salamanders

Andrew283
08-03-2009, 02:27 PM
I play the sallies and I find it pretty odd that Vulkan just "Dissapeared". Maybe he was teleported away by some deamon into the warp and is searching for a way back??

Karrik
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Well, in regards to the lost legions, it is possible they turned against botht he Emperor and Chaos...

More probably they declined to join the Crusade when the Emperor rediscovered them. And so they were killed.

Dorn hints at as much in the chapbook - it is certainly clear that they are dead and their Legions dissolved.

imperialsavant
08-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Actually though the Horus Heresy I am getting a lot from the background that I personally want.

The nature of the Heresy era Imperial Fists, specifically Sigismund.
-Eric

Well I too, as a BT player, would like to know more about Sigismund & how he finally died or was killed.
I presume we will know more about him when the HH Book is written about the defence of the Palace on Terra. He does make a small appearance in Mechanicus when he goes to Mars to remove supplies before the Forge is destroyed.

Regards Barry H.

Steakhouse
08-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Who the Tau Ethereals are.

The truth about the Ethereals was revealed in Xenology. They were created by the Harlequins to guide the Tau race (who were also likely a Harlequin creation) as an uncorruptable force in the coming war against Chaos. The Ethereals' ability to guide large groups via pheromone based mind control and the Tau's negligible reflection in the warp makes them the ideal candidates to unite and guide the galaxy against Chaos.

Thiselton
08-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Did they ever actually flesh out what happened to the lost founding of Space Marines?

08-05-2009, 10:56 AM
isnt the exorcists included in the dark founding

Has any one been reading a fan fiction novel at black library: rise of the tau (amazing story and will change your view on 40k as a whole) well in the story the lost legions were pariahs and there primarchs were pariahs too (lost to the C'tan)

ChaosLord127
08-06-2009, 12:43 AM
I think that the other two c'tan should be revealed... I know that they couldn't, as the Void Dragon *might* be on Mars (hahaha.... might be....), but it would still be cool to see what the VD and the Outsider look like.... or maybe some rules/models for them. I know it would never happen though, as it would change too much established fluff...

Magos
08-06-2009, 10:56 AM
If I've understood it, if the Outsider wakes up, everyone dies.

DarcChipmunk
08-06-2009, 08:59 PM
I agree with the Cypher comment. I'd love for them to reveal his story and motives. If the Malal thing is true, this would be a great way for them to close the story on him without brushing him under the carpet.

Just my two cents.

cheers,

Steakhouse
08-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Why does everyone keep refering to Cypher as "him"? It's a title. The Imperium has killed 'Cypher' on several occasions, only to have him pop up someplace else. It's a title being used and passed on to individuals a mantle taken up when the only one dies, just like Commander Farsight.

Magos
08-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Where did you get that idea? I dont know if thats true, but still an interesting idea.

You know what would be interesting, if Cypher was L'Johnson....

Grumpy Ripper
08-07-2009, 02:21 AM
Big E`s shoe size ??

how nids react to necrons so far iam not aware of any interaction between two ultimate killing races

Steakhouse
08-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Where did you get that idea? I dont know if thats true, but still an interesting idea.

You know what would be interesting, if Cypher was L'Johnson....

I was really keen on the L'Johnson concept, but after having a conversation with my local GW shop owner I realized if it was him, he would be like twice the size. Primarchs tower above other space marines like space marines tower over the average human.

Also the Title part comes from the Dark Angel's books in the Horus Heresy series. It's a title bestowed to an individual who keeps the order's traditions and mysteries alive. He is the living embodiment of what it means to be a Knight of Caliban. He's also not likely the same person from one appearance to the next.

Lord Anubis
08-08-2009, 02:21 AM
It's a title bestowed to an individual who keeps the order's traditions and mysteries alive. He is the living embodiment of what it means to be a Knight of Caliban.

Soooooo... this is why he's always on the run trying to bring down the Imperium and the Dark Angels are so desperate to catch him? Because he's a living embodiment of their ideals?

Something doesn't quite line up there...;)

4thCompanyMasterCorvus
08-08-2009, 02:34 AM

From What I know. That never happened, it was just a vision of the past that Erebus created with the help of Chaos?

4thCompanyMasterCorvus
08-08-2009, 02:36 AM
Why does everyone keep refering to Cypher as "him"? It's a title. The Imperium has killed 'Cypher' on several occasions, only to have him pop up someplace else. It's a title being used and passed on to individuals a mantle taken up when the only one dies, just like Commander Farsight.

I had bean told that about Cypher, but I didnt know that about Commander Farsight?

4thCompanyMasterCorvus
08-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Soooooo... this is why he's always on the run trying to bring down the Imperium and the Dark Angels are so desperate to catch him? Because he's a living embodiment of their ideals?

Something doesn't quite line up there...;)

Yeah agreed. Oh and when the Dark Angels catch him, he always manages to disappear. Oh and how would his famous combination of Plasma Pistol and Bolt Pistol get passed on (magic XD) oh and The Lion Sword he is supposed to disappear? It makes more sense for him to be one of the Fallen Angel's (who is also a "Cypher"), but has some pact with one of the many gods of the warp? (if not all :S)

4thCompanyMasterCorvus
08-08-2009, 02:43 AM
Makes sense as he is supposed to have the Lion Sword. But size is a problem :)

Andrew283
08-08-2009, 05:43 AM
Farsight is not a title that is passed on. Tau commanders are named after their skills and each have different names

4thCompanyMasterCorvus
08-08-2009, 06:30 AM
Thats what I thought, as he has like 5 seperate names :)

Magos
08-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Actually if I remember right, Faresight is way older then a Tau aught to be, and so some suspect its a title.,

Steakhouse
08-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Farsight is not a title that is passed on. Tau commanders are named after their skills and each have different names

Right, but take a look at the time lines involved. From what I remember Farsight was introduced in M9... wait no. Hmm. It appears that the GW employee that ran me through this particular theory was incorrect. Farsight went rogue in M988, and it's now only M999, just barely 11 years later. Long enough for death on a battlefield, but not nearly long enough for there to be a noticeable discrepancy, such as death by old age. Farsight could still be a title the enclave is passing around, but since there's been no specific fluff, beyond what the GW employee believes, to point to, this theory is moot.

Cypher still stands though, unless I'm proven wrong, which as you can see I'm more then willing to be. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Andrew283
08-08-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't see where people are getting the rumour about Farsight being a title passed on as there is no evidence anywhere of this

Steakhouse
08-10-2009, 04:08 PM
I don't see where people are getting the rumour about Farsight being a title passed on as there is no evidence anywhere of this

Well as I proved all it takes is someone who sounds like they know enough of what their talking about to get an idea passed on.

DevilUknow
08-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Has it ever been stated definitvely if the WFB world is in the 40k U?

I remember hearing rumors that Sigmar was a lost primarch and that the WFB world is a medievil world in 40k.

ThePov
08-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Has it ever been stated definitvely if the WFB world is in the 40k U?

I remember hearing rumors that Sigmar was a lost primarch and that the WFB world is a medievil world in 40k.
The story I head is that technically the WFB world IS in the 40K universe, but is surrounded by and impenatrable warp storm that isolates it from the rest of the galaxy.

wittdooley
08-11-2009, 09:32 AM

Amen, brother! We need to hear more about all the poor souls that got betrayed at the Dropsite Massacre.

Dan-e
08-11-2009, 12:51 PM
The story I head is that technically the WFB world IS in the 40K universe, but is surrounded by and impenatrable warp storm that isolates it from the rest of the galaxy.

yeah, and the only thing that can make its way through is Daemons, which why they are in both WFB and WH40k... that was just what i was told when i ask why they are in both games... and why there is an Chaos God made by the sins of eldar in the WFB world.

Drew da Destroya
08-11-2009, 03:56 PM
I remember that the WFB used to be part of the 40k universe, just separated by the aforementioned Warp Storms (possibly in the Maelstrom, or even the Eye), which is why Sigmar was a rumored Primarch.

I think at some point, GW announced that the WFB and 40k universes were totally separate, though. I can't remember where or when the announcement was made, though. Possibly in a White Dwarf? Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Magos
08-11-2009, 04:11 PM
I do, but I cant recall where it was said either. Its to bad, becouse Sigmar works for a Primarch really well.

Xas
08-11-2009, 04:27 PM
I'd like to know who the tyranids really are...

or who pulls the strings behind their curtain.

like if it's the old ones or some other intelligent race from another galaxy. because I simply can't believe that what "we" now see is all of the secret. the nids are too much of a biological weapon to not be "whielded" by someone....

wittdooley
08-11-2009, 05:19 PM
I remember that the WFB used to be part of the 40k universe, just separated by the aforementioned Warp Storms (possibly in the Maelstrom, or even the Eye), which is why Sigmar was a rumored Primarch.

I think at some point, GW announced that the WFB and 40k universes were totally separate, though. I can't remember where or when the announcement was made, though. Possibly in a White Dwarf? Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Too bad. I say eff em. I love the notion that the WHFB universe is on an isolated planet in the same galaxy as everything else and that Sigmar is a Primarch. Bad *** notion if you ask me.

ThePov
08-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Agreed. Regardless of what the party line, I still hold on to the notion that the WFB world lurks somewhere in the 40K galaxy, blissfully unaware of the horrors around them and yet gleefully partaking in the same sort of butchery. The irony is just too delicious.

Lord Anubis
08-11-2009, 06:31 PM
I seem to remember hearing/reading somewhere once that the WFB world is actually Warhammer 50,000. The numerous races essentially bombed themselves back into the iron age and the few survivors are still fighting it out on one measly little planet...

Don't know if it's true, but I always loved the irony of that idea. :)

DangerouslyGeeky
08-11-2009, 08:11 PM
I think that the other two c'tan should be revealed... I know that they couldn't, as the Void Dragon *might* be on Mars (hahaha.... might be....), but it would still be cool to see what the VD and the Outsider look like.... or maybe some rules/models for them. I know it would never happen though, as it would change too much established fluff...

Yes! Have the Void Dragon wake up and leave Mars. Decimating most of the Adeptus Mechanicus and revealing that they have been worshiping him all this time and that all Imperial technology is based off of him. :D

Forhekset
08-12-2009, 05:29 AM
I hate to burst anyones bubble, as it would be cool if they really did exist (the 2 missing legions), but I'm pretty sure they only existed to provide players with a clean slate to make up their own stories, one for Imperial, and one for Chaos.

Although it has been mentioned twice so far in the HH stuff, once during Horus' hallucinations (or time travel, depends how you want to look at it) guided by Erebus, and once between Malcador and Dorn. I don't know of that passage someone said Horus said, something about wanting 2 more? I recently reread the first 4 books and I didn't notice it.

Personally I've loved all the mystery and lore involved in the 40k story, but it's also unbelievably awesome to pick up these new books and know you're about to discover answers that have been forgotten for 10 thousand years. Some of the stories might suck but the word 'epic' fits the atmosphere pretty well. Treading in the footsteps of legends.

ebbwar
08-12-2009, 05:49 AM
On the subject of the 2 missing Primarchs/Legions, I remember when it used to be 3 ;) I think the Raven Guard were retconned in afterwards to make it an even 9v9 in the HH.

After the Dorn and Malcador conversation olong the lines of 'We don't talk about that' in reference to the last 2 Primarchs/Legions, maybe the 2 missing Primarchs lost their round of [Primarch] Fight Club? :D

ThePov
08-12-2009, 09:46 AM
I hate to burst anyones bubble, as it would be cool if they really did exist (the 2 missing legions), but I'm pretty sure they only existed to provide players with a clean slate to make up their own stories, one for Imperial, and one for Chaos.

Although it has been mentioned twice so far in the HH stuff, once during Horus' hallucinations (or time travel, depends how you want to look at it) guided by Erebus, and once between Malcador and Dorn. I don't know of that passage someone said Horus said, something about wanting 2 more? I recently reread the first 4 books and I didn't notice it.

Personally I've loved all the mystery and lore involved in the 40k story, but it's also unbelievably awesome to pick up these new books and know you're about to discover answers that have been forgotten for 10 thousand years. Some of the stories might suck but the word 'epic' fits the atmosphere pretty well. Treading in the footsteps of legends.
Ahhh... that was my bad. Hadn't read the book in a while. It was Dorn and Malcador, my bad.

And yes, I totally agree, that from GW's standpoint, the only reason to have two missing legions would be to allow players to come up with them. Otherwise we would have had definitive answers long ago.

08-12-2009, 06:37 PM
you got to love fan fiction (has anybody been reading rise of the tau, they fill in all the cracks that gw has left...the two primarchs and so on...amazing story)

(yay 4 stars)

GPrime
08-24-2009, 04:36 AM
My Vote is for the Outsider.

We've all seen the picture of the hivefleet changing course to avoid it.

Also maybe its just me, but looking at the grainy picture of the "anomally" in that area of space, the Outsider has gone and made himself a "Deathstar"

ALso i think someone asked about the fallen phoenix lord Arthra a few pages back. Didnt he found the incubi for the Dark Eldar?

My 2 cents anyway

GPrime

eldargal
08-24-2009, 04:59 AM
Why did Nurgle take pity on Isha and save her from Slaanesh? Hardly in character for a Chaos god. I'd like to see some explanation to this.

Drew da Destroya
08-24-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm pretty sure that the fallen Striking Scorpion founded the Incubi for the Dark Eldar, too. I mean, both "aspects" use heavy armor, chin-pistols, and are close combat specialists. I'm really hoping that he shows up in the Dark Eldar codex (at least background information on him). It would be pretty cool if he was an upgrade special character for an Incubi unit, or a full on HQ choice.

Eldargal, admittedly Nurgle is the "nicest" of the Chaos Gods. Maybe he just thought she was cute?

ThePov
08-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Why did Nurgle take pity on Isha and save her from Slaanesh? Hardly in character for a Chaos god. I'd like to see some explanation to this.
Not being terribly familair with the story, (so I could be horribly off the mark), maybe it was just to screw with Slaanesh? The Chaos gods aren't always on friendly terms, and I could seem them making mischeif with one another for the pure fun of it.

Faultie
08-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Opposites attract?

Pyro-enthusiast
08-24-2009, 11:59 AM

Men do crazy things for members of the opposite sex sometimes. Chalk it up to hormones.

eldargal
08-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Men do crazy things for members of the opposite sex sometimes. Chalk it up to hormones.

So Nurgle is the apotheosis of the unhygienic gamer stereotype and Isha is the ideal girl gamer perhaps?;)

gwensdad
08-24-2009, 08:28 PM
So Nurgle is the apotheosis of the unhygienic gamer stereotype and Isha is the ideal girl gamer perhaps?;)

Well, at our store we lovingly call someone who (almost) fits the first description "Nurgle" so I think you're onto something there.

(And Isha, clearly the "nurse fantasy" of males)

Drew da Destroya
08-24-2009, 08:34 PM

Oddly enough, I did have the thought that Nurgle was the most stereotypical of a "gamer guy"... overweight, a bit smelly, totally fascinated by things that other people find repulsive, but with a good attitude and his heart in the right place.

Not that I think gamers are overweight or have poor personal hygiene. But Comic Book Guy is a hard image to shake.

Lord Anubis
08-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Oddly enough, I did have the thought that Nurgle was the most stereotypical of a "gamer guy"... overweight, a bit smelly, totally fascinated by things that other people find repulsive, but with a good attitude and his heart in the right place.

Not that I think gamers are overweight or have poor personal hygiene. But Comic Book Guy is a hard image to shake.

"Worst. Space Marine Chapter. Ever! I found your combat tactics to be lacking and your chaplain's speeches uninspired. Now you must be swept from this world in time for the Doctor Who marathon!!"

:)