PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Daemons Tourney list

Delfin07
10-18-2013, 07:47 AM
Well after playing many games of warhammer, and loving the new daemon book, i think i have an idea for an army id like to play in a tourney with. let me know what you think!

Heroes:

(135) Herald of Nurgle: Greater Locus

(235) Herald of Khorne: Greater Locus, ASF Sword, Juggernaut

(125) Herald of Tzeentch: LV2 (metal)

total: 620pts

Core:

(552) Plague Bearers: (39) FC, Standard of Discipline

(214) Pink Horrors: (13) FC, MR(1) banner

total: 766pts

Special:

(365) Bloodcrushers: (5) FC, Flaming banner

(240) Beasts of Nurgle: (4)

total: 845

Rare:

(135) Skull Cannon

(135) Skull Cannon

total: 270pts

Grand Total:

okay, yes.... I'm one point over.... but prob just take a plague bearer out, and put something in i guess?
but i would like to break it down for ya
First off, my favorite unit in the army is the pink horrors with the 2 lv2's. first off, daemons lack the ability to get rid of armored units.... aka, steam tanks, and warriors of chaos. with that said, that unit gets 4 spells out of the lore of metal, which btw every spell is beneficial to the army, and second i get 3 channels in one! the MR(1) banner is there for miscasts on the unit, and enemy magic, that way i get a 4+ ward!
Next, i love the beasts of nurgle! hard not to. they can take a beating with 4 wounds! and can dish it with d6+1 poison attacks! man i love those units!
my favorite hard hitter/ glass cannon unit is the crushers! with the frenzy locus, and a herald who can dish it, that unit alone gets; 16 S(6) attacks (4 of which are the Heralds ASF attacks), and 8 S(5) attacks! not to mention 3 stomps if the front rank lives! by far the hardest hitting CC combo i could find. would love to take 2 more juggernauts to make it 8, but oh well. I like to keep units cheap so if they POOOOOF for stupid luck, then im not as mad :)
and as for the rest of the army, the cannons are there for monsters/steam tanks. and i like the plague bearers unit for the fact they can take a beeeeeeeeeeating!
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

MAVV
10-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Well after playing many games of warhammer, and loving the new daemon book, i think i have an idea for an army id like to play in a tourney with. let me know what you think!

Heroes:

(135) Herald of Nurgle: Greater Locus

(235) Herald of Khorne: Greater Locus, ASF Sword, Juggernaut

total: 620pts

Core:

(552) Plague Bearers: (39) FC, Standard of Discipline

(214) Pink Horrors: (13) FC, MR(1) banner

total: 766pts

Special:

(365) Bloodcrushers: (5) FC, Flaming banner

total: 845

Rare:

(135) Skull Cannon

(135) Skull Cannon

total: 270pts

Grand Total:

okay, yes.... I'm one point over.... but prob just take a plague bearer out, and put something in i guess?
but i would like to break it down for ya
First off, my favorite unit in the army is the pink horrors with the 2 lv2's. first off, daemons lack the ability to get rid of armored units.... aka, steam tanks, and warriors of chaos. with that said, that unit gets 4 spells out of the lore of metal, which btw every spell is beneficial to the army, and second i get 3 channels in one! the MR(1) banner is there for miscasts on the unit, and enemy magic, that way i get a 4+ ward!
Next, i love the beasts of nurgle! hard not to. they can take a beating with 4 wounds! and can dish it with d6+1 poison attacks! man i love those units!
my favorite hard hitter/ glass cannon unit is the crushers! with the frenzy locus, and a herald who can dish it, that unit alone gets; 16 S(6) attacks (4 of which are the Heralds ASF attacks), and 8 S(5) attacks! not to mention 3 stomps if the front rank lives! by far the hardest hitting CC combo i could find. would love to take 2 more juggernauts to make it 8, but oh well. I like to keep units cheap so if they POOOOOF for stupid luck, then im not as mad :)
and as for the rest of the army, the cannons are there for monsters/steam tanks. and i like the plague bearers unit for the fact they can take a beeeeeeeeeeating!
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Looks like a great list! I've only run Daemons a few times (with my WoC proxy) and they destroyed everything. I haven't done it myself, but I guess running the Beasts of Nurgle as single model units works really well, and messes up the enemy really bad. Maybe try running one unit of 4, and 4 running around on their own? Unless you don't like making your opponent cry :)
A funny thing happened to me in once game, where my Skullcrushers got charged by Kroxigors (unlucky failed charge on my part) and survived the first round with only one dead crusher. This opened the door for the Skullcannon to charge in the next turn, and it destroyed the entire unit :D glorious times when a cannon beats monstrous infantry in combat.

Delfin07
10-18-2013, 02:49 PM
I agree! the skull cannons are lethal at range, and in combat! best thing is they get S(6) impact hits! and they heal! lol
Have you had any luck running greater daemons, or daemon princes? i think I've found that a herald list is the way to go, and also, i have to gripe at the people that hate the new winds of magic chart for the daemons.
Daemons were waaaaaaay to powerful before, and Matt knew that going into the new book. to be honest, the "negative" affects never really do anything anyways. anyways, that's my rant about people being mad at the new book :)
Does anyone else have units they absolutely love to run?

Political Puppet MAster
02-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Didn't you post a mono-nurgle list a while back? Turns out those other guys were right eh...? mono-nurgle wasn't the may to go, LOL!

Aside from the jesting, what happens if the opponent doesn't run at you & instead lets you come to him, your list seems pretty defensive. With no winged DP to pressure opponents nor any slaanesh stuff, you're hoping the #6 spell from metal & your cannons can kill/weaken enough for your slow stuff to get there to fight. 1-2 rounds of shooting/magic will kill your crushers, nurgle PB can't kill stuff. So that leaves your beast of nurgle to kill almost the whole enemy army to the looks of me...

im guessing youve only played against armies/lists that have thronw themselves into you & suicided...

Delfin07
02-22-2014, 02:07 AM
chad i have to say you are one awesome guy :)