PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Sisters of Battle

Aristocrap
11-24-2009, 05:22 PM
I don't expect to get very many replies on this list, but I decided to go ahead and make a SoB list for the fun of it. I'd say it looks cookie-cutter at first glance, and probably is. However, this seems perhaps one of the most (if not the most) competitive ways to outfit a Witch Hunters army in 5th Ed.

HQ- 81:
Canoness: Book of St. Lucius, Blessed Weapon, frag grenades

Elites- 158
Celestian Squad: 2 meltaguns, Immolator w/ extra armour, smoke launchers

Troops- 876
Battle Sisters Squad: meltagun, heavy flamer, Rhino w/ extra armour, smoke launchers
-Veteran Superior w/ Book of St. Lucius, bolter-flamer

Battle Sisters Squad: meltagun, heavy flamer, Rhino w/ extra armour, smoke launchers

Fast Attack- 230
Seraphim Squad: 2 twin hand flamers
Veteran Superior w/ Book of St. Lucius, Eviscerator

Heavy Support- 405:
Exorcist

Exorcist

Exorcist

Total: 1750

Melissia
11-24-2009, 05:25 PM
This is a decent list-- very similar to what I'd use actually-- but you'd be better off switching the celestians to being the canoness' retinue so that she can get some ablative wounds.

Aristocrap
11-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Ah, I should have made myself more clear when posting the list. The Celestians are inteded to be the Canoness's retinue. I should have typed it up like this:

HQ- 239:
Canoness: Book of St. Lucius, Blessed Weapon, frag grenades
Celestian Squad: 2 meltaguns, Immolator w/ extra armour, smoke launchers

RedScorpionsGirl
11-24-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm curious, as that list has about 75% of what is in my 2000pt list, other than I don't use seraphim. How well do they work for you? Also, what would you choose to add to it to flesh it to 2000 pts?

Aristocrap
11-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Well, I personally don't have much experience with SoB because I've never used them, nor played against them. However, I've had their Codex for a while, and I've studied them intensley. I find that Seraphim are quite good at mopping up enemy squads that have been weakened by normal Battle Sisters. The role of Seraphim is not neccesarially to win combats or dish out tons of damage. Instead, they tie-up units and halt them from attacking the vulnerable aspects of your army.

If I were to bump up my list to 2000, I might consider adding another squad of Seraphim for redundancy and/or adding Celestians in an Immolator to use as a dedicated anti-tank unit.

Chumbalaya
11-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Don't bother with Seraphim, they suffer from the same problems as any jump pack unit, being the only infantry unit in the open.

I'd look into more Celestians and Immolators, they give you more melta, more burny goodness, and more armor to scare people with.

If you drop the Seraphim and a unit of Battle Sisters, you could pick up 3 units of Celestians in Immolators.

Dwarflord17404
11-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Seraphim can hit and run to get out of protracted combats which combined with the fact that you can not consolidate into combats and must stop 1" short of any enemy unit works really well to strand ubber close combat threat before it swamps your lines . In addtion they move as fast as rhino 's and unlike celestians in Immolators they are surviable and can use divine guidance at 8 models. It is your personel taste but personley I would drop 2 combi-flames, an exorcist and add evisarators to your BSS to prevent dreadnought monsterous creatures wreaking your day. I would also beef up your Cannones with a jump pack and cloak of St. Aspira and add an inferno pistol toyour sraphim but otherwise I would say you have a strong list

Chumbalaya
11-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Yeah, no. T3 chicks in the open get gunned down, while T3 chicks hiding safely in durable armor don't. Rather simple really. Also meltas, bolters and Immolator flamer > bolt pistols.

Aristocrap
11-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Seraphim can hit and run to get out of protracted combats which combined with the fact that you can not consolidate into combats and must stop 1" short of any enemy unit works really well to strand ubber close combat threat before it swamps your lines . In addtion they move as fast as rhino 's and unlike celestians in Immolators they are surviable and can use divine guidance at 8 models. It is your personel taste but personley I would drop 2 combi-flames, an exorcist and add evisarators to your BSS to prevent dreadnought monsterous creatures wreaking your day. I would also beef up your Cannones with a jump pack and cloak of St. Aspira and add an inferno pistol toyour sraphim but otherwise I would say you have a strong list

I'd rather not throw my Canoness with Seraphim. If she joins the unit, all of the Seraphim loose their 'Hit and Run' ability. She can't hide in the unit without actually joining it, either. Additionaly, she costs you a whole kill point, which makes soloing her with a jump pack a bad idea.

@Chumbalaya: True, Seraphim lack the protection of being inside a transport, but they can also jump their way to cover while moving to a target. You can give two of the sisters pairs of hand flamers and they make a good unit to use with Divine Guidance. They're not for throwing out the most damage possible, but for finishing off what your other sisters don't kill. You can assault a weak unit, and they can do reasonably well, plus being in combat protects them from shooting.

Melissia
11-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Don't ignore seraphim. They are your only unit that can do non-standard deployment. Deep striking seraphim can very well win you the game by destroying arty and heavy weapons squads, or at least tying them up.

Aristocrap
11-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Don't ignore seraphim. They are your only unit that can do non-standard deployment. Deep striking seraphim can very well win you the game by destroying arty and heavy weapons squads, or at least tying them up.

That's true as well; I forgot about mentioning that. I think sometimes they can be your "ace in the hole" for tricky situations.