PDA

View Full Version : pedro 1500 list

angel of the emperor
11-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Pedro
2x 5 sniper scouts with camo cloaks
2x 10 sternguard with 2 lascannons a powersword and razorback with storm bolter
5 assault termies 2 with claws 3 with th/ss with a land raider

The termies and pedro deploy in the landraider and are obviously the heavy assault unit.

The sternguard combat squad and work as a mini dev squad and the other deploys in the razorbacks and moves to objectives.

The snipers sit and snipe. (Duh)

Let me know if there is anything that could be improved on.

mercer
11-26-2009, 06:55 AM
You've got two units which benefit from pedro well, assault terminators as having 5 lightning claw attacks on the charge is nasty and sternguard - which count as scoring. Thats all gravy.

Though snipers aren't that good as they need 4+ to hit and then to wound also. Two squads of five as troop choices isn't a lot. I would get some tactical marines instead.

I don't rate sternguard with heavy weapons, this should be left to armour, tactical or dev squads. Your sternguard has that nice funky ammo, so why waste it? Also the lascannon has a 48" range so will be sitting at the back of the table and all the other different ammo rounds will be out of range. They also don't really need a power sword as they are primarily a shooting unit, though they have two attacks in combat if needed. A few combi meltas wouldn't go a-miss to take out armour.

Ming
11-27-2009, 06:15 PM
This list needs a bit of work. You have some good units, but in a decent round of games you may have some problems.

Kantor's inspiring benefit only works out to a certain distance, and your army becomes stubborn.

Razorbacks can be converted to rhinos, so try a game with them as rhinos. You can sit still and double lascannon out the firing points as an option that way. Consider subbing in a drop pod for one. Experiment with power fists rather than the power swords. Combi-meltas or plasmacannons instead of lascannons...

Earthen
11-29-2009, 10:41 AM
drop the lascannons, give the sternguard 6+ combi-meltas each and put them in drop pods.

More reliable anti tank, gets them in range for special weapons and probably within the kantor bubble by turn 2