PDA

View Full Version : Hekarti's Blessing

Wildeybeast
11-02-2013, 02:07 PM
First off, I'm not playing like this because its bent as hell, but one of my mates today pointed out the wording of Hekarti's Blessing could be construed so that you get +1 to each spell for every wizard using Dark Magic, rather than just each wizard getting +1 to cast their own spells. What do folk think about this?

Mr Mystery
11-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Not seeing it myself.

Wording I've got (print version)

Models with this special rule add +1 to all attempts to cast spells from the Lore of Dark Magic.

Nothing cumulative there that I'm seeing.

Wildeybeast
11-02-2013, 03:59 PM
'Add +1 to all attempts.' So each model adds +1 to all attempts to cast DM spells. Not 'when they attempt to cast'. He mentioned it because he plays HE and they have the same wording with High Magic and they are still waiting for an FAQ. It's largely a moot point because to benefit you'd need 5 level 1 wizards to get more of an overall boost than you would playing 1 level 4, but I thought it was an interesting point to debate (and hopefully get more folk on the Warhammer forums!).

Mr Mystery
11-02-2013, 05:17 PM
But there's nothing cumulative written or implied.

Does the caster have the rule? If so, when casting Dark Magic, each attempt gets +1.

I kind of see where your friend is coming from, but it's a very creative interpretation.

dms505
07-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Reading it the way your friend does could still be construed as only getting a +1 for ANY wizard using dark magic on the battlefield. It doesn't say "for each". So lets say you have 2 dark casters. You could say that the one on the left gives the one on the right a +1, but not that it gets a +1 on top of that for itself. Rules lawyer them back! Also this is silly.

wisetiger7
07-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Here you go. (http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=50050&start=0)

wisetiger7
07-11-2014, 09:14 AM
http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=50050&start=0

Mr Mystery
08-07-2014, 12:47 PM
How do. Partial threadomancy, but was reading my Dark Elf book last night, because it was there.

Morathi's entry very much supports that Hekarti's Blessing is not cumulative. Time for a quote!

Morathi adds D3 to all her casting attempts - roll each time a spell is cast. Combined with Hekarti's Blessing, this grants Morathi an extra D3+1 to all attempts to cast spells from the Lore of Dark Magic

Perhaps not 100% conclusive, but enough weight to sort benefit of the doubt.

Wildeybeast
08-07-2014, 11:53 PM
I suspect this is indeed the way it is meant to be played and that would see, to indicate as such.