PDA

View Full Version : 2k All Killer No Filler

jberrysf
11-03-2013, 01:38 AM
Hey Lounge Nation.

I'm scaling up my games from 1500 to 2,000 and have come up with the following list, but would love feedback, validation or critiques.

Lords
Lifeweaver - Level 4, Wand of Wych Elm, Resplendence of Luminescence - 330
Deployed where I need magical attacks (nearest the Slann, Banshees or other Ethereal Targets)

Heroes
BSB Noble - BSB, Hail of Doom Arrow, Asyendil's Bane, Light Armor - 132
Deployed centrally to get the best Ld Bubble)

Hunter Noble - Great Eagle, Light Armor, Enchanted Shield, Ogre Blade, Luckstone -181
(Hunting Lone Characters, War Machines and Engaging Shooting Units from advantageous angles)

Core
Winter Guard (20) - Glade Guard with Musician - 246
Summer Guard (15) - Glade Gard with Musician and Banner of Eternal Flame
(Park in front of Anything with Regen. Maybe Temple Guard, or Chimerae)
Spring Guard - Musician - 126

Special
TreeKin (6) - 390

Rare
Great Eagle - 50
Great Eagle - 50
Treeman - 285

So, what do you think? Do I need more Dryads/Wardancers to redirect and flank attack? Do I need to take less flying MC's?

ElectricPaladin
11-03-2013, 09:23 AM
So, the only critique I have is this: you have bought a lot of magical items for your lords and heroes. I don't know if this is a thing about the Wood Elves army book - maybe it's more necessary there than it is with mine - but I've always gone with the "boys before toys" approach when it comes to cool doo-dads. Take what you need to allow the character to do what s/he has to do - for example, my lone Slann certainly needs to be Ethereal, otherwise you'll shoot him to death - but the ones that are just fun are better off being converted into additional models.

Also, I question the utility of a Banner of Eternal Flame. There's this one Life spell I can use to make my dudes regenerate, and I might not even roll that. Unless you think your army is going to be weak against one of those that has native Regeneration in a significant portion of the army - Orks & Goblins and Chaos with their ability to field Trolls, for example - it's probably not going to make its points back.

jberrysf
11-03-2013, 12:16 PM
You are absolutely right, I am taking a ton of toys in this list and normally, I try to stay away from overdoing it, but in the case of the Noble on an Eagle, at 125 (base points with the Eagle) he has a 6+ armor save and 3 strength 4 hits at initiative 7. Take that up to 137 with the Light Armor, Enchanted Shield and Luckstone and its a 3+ with 1 free reroll. 141 to make him S6 Always strikes last, 166 to make any attacks in a challenge hit on 6s and 181 to make opponents reroll successful ward saves. I agree that I could drop the Luckstone, the Annoyance of Netlings and the Other Trickster's Shard, cutting 45 points, but I think that gives him a much stronger ability to do assloads of damage in challenges.

I think, after some pondering, I'm dropping the 3 items I named and am going with an Ogre Blade for +2 Strength, with no initiative penalty.

With Wood Elves, stock we suck, so it's coming to how can I equip this unit to make it playably useful.