PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Ork list what I writed.

TheKingElessar
08-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Waaaagh! Rok'Ead' or 'Let's hope they don't have AV14!'

HQ

Big Mek;
Slugga, Burna, KFF, Eavy Armour. - 110

Big Mek;
Slugga, Burna, KFF, Eavy Armour. - 110

ELITES

15 Lootas;
Deffgun. - 225

15 Lootas;
Deffgun. - 225

15 Lootas;
Deffgun. - 225

TROOPS

Deff Dread;
2x Dreadnought CCW, 2x Skorcha, Grot Riggerz, Armour Plates - 100

Deff Dread;

30 Boyz;
Shootas, 3 Big Shootas, Nob: Power Klaw, Bosspole - 235

30 Boyz;
Shootas, 3 Big Shootas, Nob: Power Klaw, Bosspole - 235

FAST ATTACK

Warbuggy;
Skorcha Upgrade, Red Paint Job - 45

Warbuggy;

Warbuggy;

HEAVY SUPPORT

Deff Dread;

Deff Dread;

Deff Dread;
TOTAL : 2k

I hardly need explain to you the purpose of each unit. To save you having to point it out though...

Orks are awesome, and always win, except against Daemons, who are perfect, and Necrons, who can have 3 monoliths - then they always win.

Orks are best in melee, so I charge thing where possible. If I can't charge, adn the opponent does, that's okay, because T4 can even sotp a Guardsman from killing all my guys before my cool Initiative kicks in. Even a Howling Banshee can't kill more than 3 orks on the charge!

Sometimes, Swooping Hawks are a problem too, becos, how do I hit them?

Chumbalaya
08-01-2009, 10:53 PM
I detect no sarcasm.

TheKingElessar
08-01-2009, 10:56 PM
I was thinking about replacing all the Dreads with Gretchins, for better BS? They should have Rending.

Chumbalaya
08-01-2009, 11:18 PM
To help against AV14, I think you should swap the Lootas out for Tankbustas.

Grots would more than make up for the loss in anti-infantry firepower.

TheKingElessar
08-01-2009, 11:27 PM
I also thought about putting in min squads of Stormboyz, all with a Zagstrukk? Because he's not an HQ I can take more than one of him, right?

2dØpe
08-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Zagstruk is unique so you'd only ba able to use one of him : )

Bunker
08-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Where are your Nob Bikerz? Isn;t the only way to win with Orkz to use Nob Bikerz?

I find your lack of Nob Bikerz disturbing.

TheKingElessar
08-02-2009, 09:40 AM
No, I've read that simply hurling piles of Ork Boyz is also successful, and that enough Lootas can even beat AV14. I have Dreadnoughts, because they are cool.

xarius
08-02-2009, 09:43 AM
you dont need 45 lootas and all those dreads, take more boys as you only have 2 units. never take tankbustas but killakans are an option as they can hold in CC and have the best BS in the codex coupled with the ability to take anti tank weaponary.

how did you work out that a strength 7 gun can take an armour 14 tank

no offence but by the sound of your post you have an inflated opinion of your ability and not a huge knowledge of the game, again no offence intended

TheKingElessar
08-02-2009, 09:55 AM
That's just what I read on teh interwebs. Think it was on Dakka.

Do you think Orks are competitive in 5th Edition, now people actually know Nob Bikes aren't really all that awesome?

Bunker
08-02-2009, 11:22 AM
That's just what I read on teh interwebs. Think it was on Dakka.

Do you think Orks are competitive in 5th Edition, now people actually know Nob Bikes aren't really all that awesome?

Orks are by far the best 5th edition army because only bad players bring AV14

TheKingElessar
08-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Cool. I also had an idea of putting about 60 Gretchins in Battlewagons, to sit on Objectives.

I could also have Tankbustas to attack the enemy Tanks. Could probably do that in 1000.

Chumbalaya
08-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Orks are by far the best 5th edition army because only bad players bring AV14

I really hope you're kidding.

Bunker
08-02-2009, 05:33 PM
I really hope you're kidding.

Why would I be kidding? Didn't you know that AV14 is only a crutch?

Chumbalaya
08-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Why would I be kidding? Didn't you know that AV14 is only a crutch?

Excellent point. What use is Land Raiders when you have Tankbustas and Zzap guns right?

StrikerFox
08-03-2009, 03:59 AM
Where are your Nob Bikerz? Isn;t the only way to win with Orkz to use Nob Bikerz?

I find your lack of Nob Bikerz disturbing.

haha, not totally true. foot sloggers and 'wagon lists are still viable.. he just has the mechanized list.. :D

Bunker
08-03-2009, 05:54 AM
Excellent point. What use is Land Raiders when you have Tankbustas and Zzap guns right?

Why waste points on Land Raiders when you can foot-slog your TH/SS Termies and save 250 points?

Chumbalaya
08-03-2009, 06:18 AM
Why waste points on Land Raiders when you can foot-slog your TH/SS Termies and save 250 points?

Indeed, they'll never see it coming. You can simply use a Librarian to teleport.

Lucky Moniker
08-03-2009, 01:23 PM
they can be if you play them right.

also, if i remember correctly (i could very well be wrong) big meks can only take one option really, because they replace their weapon with the choice (KFF, skorcha, slugga etc.) so i dont believe you can take all 3, but i could be wrong.

and i agree with what someone said above, cut some points out of the lootas and take more boys and kans

MegaGroganX
08-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Teh lol. Needs more grots...... if playing with orks has taught me anything, it's that you need more grots. Bout 90 should do the trick. And 3 squads of 5 stormboyz too. They will fully be awesome.

Bunker
08-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Teh lol. Needs more grots...... if playing with orks has taught me anything, it's that you need more grots. Bout 90 should do the trick. And 3 squads of 5 stormboyz too. They will fully be awesome.

I smell the start of the new broken tournament list.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter, sir.

TheKingElessar
08-05-2009, 05:58 AM
they can be if you play them right.

also, if i remember correctly (i could very well be wrong) big meks can only take one option really, because they replace their weapon with the choice (KFF, skorcha, slugga etc.) so i dont believe you can take all 3, but i could be wrong.

and i agree with what someone said above, cut some points out of the lootas and take more boys and kans

Read your Codex, please.

splnes
08-05-2009, 07:03 AM
first AV 14 is not a crutch, its part of the game. some armys have no problem (heavy melta gaurd) with them others cant scratch side armour(swarm tyranids) . this just means you need to build a well rounded army that can deal with any thing.

second nob bikers are the **** but the gaurd codex proves that they can be delt with.

third chaos is actully the best in close combat, thats if you look at the units and buff correctly.

and you can never waste points on a land raider, thats upsurd. but you can teleport you terminators in deep strike or you can use the librarian as suggested but with both of these options you pop up and can not move or assault sure you can shoot but next turn shooty termies will either be shot to death or assaulted first by a eliet killy unit(nob bikers, honour guards, vangaurd, other termies). if you pack you termies in a LR you move full speed (12") spill out (2") and assualt (6") thats going to give you a twenty inch assualt with some of the BEST assualt units in the game, to date! TH SS and thats win!

i will admit it is hard to deal with land raiders, as i too am an ork player but in no way do i think its an unfair game! its a challange-Learn to deal with it.

splnes
08-05-2009, 07:08 AM
and dude change your quote at the bottom of your post it makes you sound like a douche bag. and try to sound less cocky!

xarius
08-05-2009, 07:13 AM
most of the advice here is god but some people are posting utter rubbish.

tankbustas are the worst unit in the ork codex

you dont need that many grots in wagons elessar, grots can capture home objectives whilst your boys wipe the enemy off theirs.

AV 14 can be good so back to topic

nob bikers correctly fitted can be the single most devastating unit in the game, the most comp ork lists should almost always have them.

xarius
08-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Read your Codex, please.

this from a guy claiming that S7 can destroy AV14?

splnes
08-05-2009, 07:59 AM
In my ork list I do have a 5man nob biker squad, 4klaws and a painboy.
I dont think its over powering but it helps!

I hope this king kid plans on going to BoLSCon so he can pit his mec orks against my MOONS!

Madjob
08-05-2009, 09:29 AM
I can't tell if Elessar wants someone to call him out on this or just keep messing with all the people taking him seriously. Too late, either way! Good show.

Darkwynn
08-05-2009, 11:07 AM
I think this is caledl baiting guys :)

Bonham63
08-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Big Mek's lose the slugga, if they take the KFF. FYI.

Karrik
08-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks OP. This thread is genius.

TheKingElessar
08-08-2009, 07:54 AM
In my ork list I do have a 5man nob biker squad, 4klaws and a painboy.
I dont think its over powering but it helps!

I hope this king kid plans on going to BoLSCon so he can pit his mec orks against my MOONS!

I'm genuinely sorry that I'm on a different continent to you...I'd absolutely love to face your, er, Moons.

I thought about replacing 3 of my Lootas with KMB Meks, opinions?

:p

Tarion
08-08-2009, 08:16 AM
God... I can't believe people can't sense the troll.

TheKingElessar - Nice work. Made me laugh quite heartily.

TheKingElessar
08-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Thank you, although obviously, I can't say I know what you mean ;)

Chumbalaya
08-08-2009, 11:07 AM
KMBs are great, but I think a rokkit launcha would be more reliable. It works so well on my Deff Dreads and Looted Wagons.

miker
08-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Ernie Wise would be proud of the title of this thread.

ChaosPhoenix
08-09-2009, 02:24 PM
I still try to get an accurate irony-level reading of this thread, but I fail.

TheKingElessar
08-09-2009, 05:24 PM
KMBs are great, but I think a rokkit launcha would be more reliable. It works so well on my Deff Dreads and Looted Wagons.

Don't you use Looted Wagons as Transports for your Kommandoes?:eek: