-- 2x Big Shootaz, Kannon
-- Grot Rigger, Red Paint, Reinforced Ram

Battlewagon
-- Grot Rigger, Red Paint, Reinforced Ram

Battlewagon
-- Grot Rigger, Red Paint, Reinforced Ram, Stikkbomb Chukka

The warboss and big mek ride in a central battlewagon with the 'ard boyz, with the other two battlewagons staying in close with the shootaboyz, so that they have the opportunity to take advantage of that KFF's 4+ cover saves for vehicles. And the Kommandoz, of course, just do their thing-- the burnaz in the kommandoz squads use flamers against 5+ or worse, and power weapons against 4+ or better.

Old_Paladin
11-27-2009, 09:38 AM
An interesting and fluffy army.

I've never been a fan of 'ard boyz.
For the points you could try to fit in an untooled unit of Nobs (most with slugga/choppaz; and one or two 'uge choppaz). They have better strength and init. One battlewagon also becomes a dedicated transport (which does nothing really, unless you're using the Astronomi-con comp score system).

You probably won't need the rams either; unless you're planning on driving through difficult terrain alot (or facing wolves!). And riggers and/or the Mek should get things fixed up, even if you do hit a rough patch.

I also find burnas over-priced; but again, that's just me.

Melissia
11-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Burnaz really are a bit overpriced. A simple 15 points would have been much better to be honest. But it gives the kommandoz more anti-MEQ ability without sacrificing anti-horde ability. Despite the flaws, it's the best choice I could think of.

The Rams probably can be sold, but I'd rather keep them just in case of difficult terrain tests. And just in case I want to tank shock! You'd be surprised how much tank shock has won people games.

Nobs might be useful, but they still have 6+ armor saves unless you pay five points per model for them. And so they're actually more vulnerable in close combat against most enemies than 'ard boyz are, because 'ard boyz will make half of all armor saves while the nobz will make 16 percent of all saves. The nobz are only superior per point against enemies with power weapons, and most enemies won't have numerous power weapons to begin with.

Old_Paladin
11-27-2009, 10:09 AM
The battlewagons are already a AV:14, tank; the rams don't make them any better for shocking (rams give +2 armour, up to max 14).

Actually, when you mathhammer it out; the average, on the charge, for the burna guy is ~.75 unsaved wounds to a MEQ. 3 normal kommandoz (same cost as a single burna kommando) will cause ~1 unsaved wounds. Now, if you face 2+ saves, FNP or WBB; then the burna is better.

The Nobs is also personal taste; they use their wounds as armour.

Melissia
11-27-2009, 10:18 AM
But I can't add any more kommandoz, so the best I can do is add burnaz instead.

Old_Paladin
11-27-2009, 10:37 AM
The points could be spread throughout the rest of the army.
Even if you dropped just one burna per kommando squad; you could get a 10 boy shoota mob to sit on any objective in your own deployment zone.

Melissia
11-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Perhaps so, but such a squad would be easilly routed and destroyed by deep strikers, even if it was on a home objective.

Ghoulio
11-28-2009, 07:35 AM
For the most part I really like the feel of this army. I would leave pretty much everything they way it is except make the 'ard boyz regular boyz and upgrade one of the nobs in your Kommandos to Snikrot. Having one of those commandos being able to choose which table edge to come out on is awesome, and he gets 6xws 5, Str 6 attacks on the charge that re-roll all hits. You will have a bit of points left over that you could use to upgrade the two units that dont have the characters in them to have 2 rokkits or something (or whatever you think fits your list best :) )

I would personally stay away from a unit of nobz as every army under the sun seems to have them (every ork army I have played against since this book has come out has had at least one unit). Your army will do fine without any I would think.