PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed/Please Assist

Forteller
11-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Understandably this is barely a tactics issue but i am putting it here anyway even though i know its gonna be met with some amount of staring,but since it aint an army list or a roster i am gonna change the topic into tactics and pray for dear life:

Here goes, my local shop is upgrading from 800 to 1250 point tournament:

Admittedly i dont have much experience in 40k only couple of weeks so far so i am at a bit of a bind with what to use so far.I own the following units:

-- 5 x Terminators

-- 2 x Vindicators

-- 10 x Tactical Squad

-- 5 x Scout Squad

-- 1 Land Raider Redeemer (Allowed to proxy it to others so far)

-- 1 Dreadnought

-- 1 Ironclad Dreadnought

-- 1 Librarian

-- 1 Space Marine Captain

-- 1 Drop Pod

Now thing is,i probably can muster up to 80 euros for the following week to buy some units, my question is the following: Which units would tie well together here,which ones i should i match with others, which are right down unplayable or dont fight with the rest,and finally, what do you think i should buy with the remaining cash, on a last note i can proxy the SM captain for most unique SM captains and i guess the same can be with the Librarian=Tigurius.

Please assist me and i thank you in advance for your feedback....

Chumbalaya
11-27-2009, 03:34 PM
What sort of Termies are there?

From the looks of things, you've got plenty of meat, but not enough potatoes.

800 You could do something like this:
Librarian
5 TH/SS Termies, LRR w/ multi-melta, extra armor
5 Tacticals, combi-melta, Razorback
5 Scouts, camo and snipers

It's a big risk obviously, but it could pay off. To buff up to 1250, add units that can nail enemy transports and protect your Land Raider. Fill out your Tactical Squad and add 2 Preds and 2 Speeders to give you mobile firepower and more armor.

I'd prefer a more flexible, balanced approch. Lots of cheap, disposable units that can hurt armor and infantry alike.

Master of the Forge-conversion beamer, bike, power weapon
10 Tacticals, multi-melta, flamer, combi-melta, Rhino
5 Scouts, camo, snipers, missile launcher
2x MM/HF Speeder
2x AC/HB Predator

1250 would see the MotF lose his bike and power weapon and more scouts added so he can join, plus 2 dual TLAC Dreads and another Tac Squad.

Forteller
11-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Appreciate the feedback,keep it coming :) Btw interested in 1250 points,already got the 800 down pat with a very VERY weird roster of:

2 Vindicators
1 Twin Linked Lasscannon Dreadnought
1 Godhammer Variety Land Raider
1 x 5 scouts
1 Librarian with Null Zone and Smite

and yes before you ask we got 1 troop requirement in the 800 point game....

Chumbalaya
11-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Ok, then bumping up to 1250 would be adding a Tac Squad in a Rhino and changing out the Dready and LR to a dual TLAC and Crusader w/ multi-melta. Look into dakka Predators or MM/HF Speeders too.

OCdt Mephiston
11-27-2009, 09:54 PM
More troops! Another Tactical squad in a rhino to sit on an objective is always a good bet!

Forteller
11-28-2009, 02:04 AM
Myself i was thinking of getting 10 sternguards and one drop pod,then possibly an extra marine squad in a rhino or a razorback,
hell maybe two x 5 marines in two razorbacks with Twin Linked Lasscannons for the added firepower.....

fuzzbuket
11-28-2009, 02:41 AM
play 800pts freindlys:D