PDA

View Full Version : 1500 pt IG - Planetstrike Defender

DoctorEvil
11-27-2009, 07:06 PM
OK....it looks like Sunday is the day I will be playing my 1st Planetstrike match. My opponent will more than likely be playing Tyranids.

Here's my tentative list...

HQ-1
Command Command Squad- 4x Plasma, Chimera w/ Hvy Flamer

TROOPS-1
Infantry Platoon
Platoon Command Squad- 4x Flamers, Power Fist, Chimera w/ Hvy Flamer
Infantry Squad- Flamer, Commisar with Power Sword, Plasma Pistol
Infantry Squad- Flamer
Infantry Squad- Flamer

TROOPS-2
Veteran Squad - 3x Plasma, Chimera w/ Hvy Flamer

ELITE-1
Guardsmen Marbo

FAST ATTACK-1
Hellhound w/ Smoke Launcher

FAST ATTACK-2
Hellhound w/ Smoke Launcher

FAST ATTACK-3
Vendetta

HEAVY SUPPORT-1
Demolisher w/ Lascannon

HEAVY SUPPORT-2
Demolisher w/ Lascannon

My initial thought is to set-up the board with a single Bastion as the objective with the Quad Autocannon on top. Combine the Infantry Squads into 1 unit and deploy in the Bastion. Everything else is in reserve.

I feel good about my Heavy Support & Fast Attack choices, I'm a little "Blah!!!!" on my other choices. I choose Plasma over Melta since I'll have control over the terrain placement and should be able to have good lines of fire. Marbo, Power Weapons, etc.....ended up being filler.

Mr. Smith
11-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Huh, seems like a nice list against tyrannids. I'm assuming that there are flamers on the chimeras and battle canons on the demolishers, right?

But how many stratagem points are you guys using and what scenario?

DoctorEvil
12-01-2009, 01:14 PM
First mission, no stratgems.

We ended up not playing Sunday, so I've got more time to work this one out :)

DarkLink
12-01-2009, 01:54 PM
My initial thought is to set-up the board with a single Bastion as the objective with the Quad Autocannon on top. Combine the Infantry Squads into 1 unit and deploy in the Bastion. Everything else is in reserve.

Good plan. I've found this to be the best strategy, though I haven't played Planetstrike since the month or so after it came out. I did win all of my games as defender using this strategy (and won all my games as attacker, because Grey Knights are actually good attackers:D).