PDA

View Full Version : Slann Mage-Priests and Magical Vortices...

ElectricPaladin
11-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Wait a minute... is it just me, or is it impossible for Slann mage-priests to cast magical vortex spells without hitting the temple guardians in the front rank?

1) Thanks to the Guardians special rule, Slann get to hang out in the second rank.
2) Magical vortices start in base contact with the wizard, then move in the designated direction, doing terrible things to anyone underneath it.
3) In order for the vortex to move away from the Slann, it will have to pass over the temple guardians in the front rank.

This can't be right, or can it? If it is, it really sucks. Kind of puts the kibash on the venerable Death Slann if you can't use one of the nastiest spells in the lore without killing two or three temple guardians along the way.

Chronowraith
11-13-2013, 08:37 PM
You are correct, sir. :-)

Of course, GW could just FAQ this in the future but until that happens, then Magical Vortex spells are a gamble.

ElectricPaladin
11-13-2013, 08:54 PM
You are correct, sir. :-)

Of course, GW could just FAQ this in the future but until that happens, then Magical Vortex spells are a gamble.

Wow... that's super crappy.

I'm going to field a Shadow Slann instead. Similar effects, no stupid.

ElectricPaladin
11-13-2013, 09:14 PM
You've got to be kidding me. Shadow has a spell that does that too? *******it.

I'm just done. If my opponent will let me houserule it, I'll do Death. Otherwise, I'll just do Light.

GW has seriously got to fix this.

angrybear
12-06-2013, 03:05 PM
You've got to be kidding me. Shadow has a spell that does that too? *******it.

I'm just done. If my opponent will let me houserule it, I'll do Death. Otherwise, I'll just do Light.

GW has seriously got to fix this.

Well donīt hold your breath..I donīt understand why FAQ take so much time for GW to make. Predatory fighter could also use some clarification. I fear they will wait till 9th.